CF03 i910 Series 8.5 ROMS - Waremike32

Guest waremike32

Guest event121
So I just can't resist a newer build  ;)

I'm running the fleo now on 28005 and so far, so good. I've installed damn near every cab I have, and I'm running about 10 things at once. No lock-ups or even so much as a slow down. Most likely, this will be the build I upload for all my roms. 

Whoa whoa whoa, not so hasty there mix master.

Do not give up going forward because 28008 was a crapshoot.

Switched to Lioryte's 28011 last night since this one was becoming unbearable. It is faster than fast and so far no lockups.

Perhaps you might try 28011? Just a suggestion.

Also, with M2D only rom, my lockups only happened when the screen was off and nothing was running besides active sync in the background.

Guest rfarrah
So I just can't resist a newer build ;)

I'm running the fleo now on 28005 and so far, so good. I've installed damn near every cab I have, and I'm running about 10 things at once. No lock-ups or even so much as a slow down. Most likely, this will be the build I upload for all my roms.

Okay, please keep us posted on that. ;)

The 8.5 Base locked up on me last night - the only time all day. Only have a few things installed and the only things that run all the time is messaging, SPB MS 3.5.1, and S2U2 - everything else is off. Changed my S2U2 settings early this morning as a test and it just now locked up again. I have now disabled s2U2 and we'll see......

FWIW, I am really enjoying the OS.

UPDATE: just locked up again, not 10 minutes after disabling S2U2. I think I'm ready for your next build, Mike! ;)

Edited by rfarrah

Guest odeveca25

have tried Lioryte 28011 and Storm 28011 since their releases and 28011 is very fast, no lock ups,no issues so far and very stable! would love to try Fleo 28011 if you make rom, thats actually what I've been waiting and looking for :0)

Waremike can we expect a m2d 28011?

I'd put in my vote for a ROM based on 23511. I had switched back to Liortyte's because of lockups, but that ROM had some scrolling problems in email messages. I loaded Storm's 23511 and that is fast, smooth, and good scrolling everywhere including while reading email messages. Personally I'd like a M2D rom based on 23511.

Thanks.

Guest eclsnowman

I would look into cooking in swype keyboard that was just ported to us i900/i910 guys today. It is wicked fast at typing once you get used to the swipe motions .It's only ok as a hunt and peck keyboard, but this thing is a one handed typing dynamo. Check the link below for the post:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...m/297340/swype/

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=43179

Guest xmagikalx

Hey Mike,

As always your ROMs are quick, nicely loaded with apps (but not overloaded!), and I haven't run into a bug yet.

The only problem is the blackouts (I just got a blackout on the M2D 28008).. I know you mentioned moving over to 23511 and I would really appreciate it!

Thanks a lot for all your work/time!

Guest Wildman3064132

Waremike nice work with latest builds, I am currently using your Series 8.5 Base (BUILD 28002) and it is running incredibly fast and smooth but I have one little question about Microsoft TellME, I have installed the application on your base rom but I cant seem to get it to respond correctly when I trigger TellME the application has to trigger two or three times before it recognize commands, my question is did you use any custom tweaks to get it to work on your roms without issues?

One more little thing I just noticed, when I get a call I noticed that when a call comes in the caller id doesn't show the personal information of contact... Only the number shows but name and photo information isn't shown.. At first I thought issue was with S2U2 but this happens with stock caller id also. But if I go to missed call the callers identification shows correct information.

Edited by Wildman3064132

Guest Wildman3064132
I've never used TellMe personally. I know it uses Voice Command, but I don't touch anything related to that.

Ill have to research more, there was a link to your post on page that I downloaded app from and it was reported you had it functioning... Thanks for reply..... Do you have any ideals of the caller id issue?

Guest rfarrah
I'm running 28011 now, we'll see how it fares...and swype is in, and so far, I like it.

Had to do something else so gave up on the Base and tried a couple of other chef's work tonight. Lioryte's 28011 was very fast, but no xda_uc. Tried a couple others, but didn't care fo the UI. Right now I'm giving Fleo 8.5 a shot. Let us know if you do anything with 28011.

Guest rfarrah
28011 seems great, I'll be updating all roms later today I hope (I've got them built, just need to do a flashing frenzy to check if I missed anything).

Looking forward to it! Thanks for all the hard work.

I'm running 28011 now, we'll see how it fares...and swype is in, and so far, I like it.

i installed swype but it does not start when i select it with input method, it goes back to the XT9 keyboard.

Guest rfarrah
i installed swype but it does not start when i select it with input method, it goes back to the XT9 keyboard.

Me too. You have to select it on a page you want to type on (usually once). Hold down the little xt9 circle for a second or two until you get the menu. Then select Swype. HTH

Me too. You have to select it on a page you want to type on (usually once). Hold down the little xt9 circle for a second or two until you get the menu. Then select Swype. HTH

hey thanks, i tried it that way also, i wasn't holding it down long enough i guess.

Guest betachristopher
I pulled the fleo tester after only about 50 downloads so it may be hard to come by, even I don't have a copy anymore. Sorry for the delay on the updates... the usual story, got busy w/ work and family. Also, I've been working hard on my Neo theme, but just can't seem to get it the way I want it. Skinning is NOT my strong suit. Maybe I'll throw up some screens to see what people think (and maybe get some suggestions). Thanks to all for your patience.

I'm not happy with either of these...any thoughts?

Screen01-31.jpgScreen01-30.jpg

Hey Mike, I was going to begin working on my own Neo theme too. What are you doing to get the red digital clock numbers? Are they part of a font or image files? I want to make cclock look like some of the m2d clocks, but I'm not sure if I can use image files for the clock numbers instead of a font.

Guest waremike32
Hey Mike, I was going to begin working on my own Neo theme too. What are you doing to get the red digital clock numbers? Are they part of a font or image files? I want to make cclock look like some of the m2d clocks, but I'm not sure if I can use image files for the clock numbers instead of a font.

It's mostly done in the Titanium cprs. There you can use a custom font, change the size, and change the color. I'm no expert at editing cprs, I couldn't get the clock the way I wanted it so I went back to the default Neo look. I may work back on it, if/when I find the time.

Guest andredabomb92

alsoo...internet tab doesnt work properly, when i click to launch browser it doesnt work, only the bookmarks work...anddd i cant launch the music from the tab slider screen or whatever u call it