CF03 i910 Series 8.5 ROMS - Waremike32

Guest waremike32

Guest Pearl Jam
M2D2 only w/ fixed photo tab up on 1st post!

FlEO w/ fixed photo tab up on 5th post!

What was the issue with the Photo Tab...Im running a ROM that is set to my liking perfectly but I cant get the tab to work. Is there anything I can do to fix it without flashing again?

Thanks!!!

Guest waremike32
What was the issue with the Photo Tab...Im running a ROM that is set to my liking perfectly but I cant get the tab to work. Is there anything I can do to fix it without flashing again?

Thanks!!!

I never truly nailed down the reason for the broken photo tab, but I believe it had something to do with the kitchen I was using at the time. Because of this, I'm not sure how you would go about fixing it on the device. I wound up using a different kitchen that fixed the problem. My best guess was that it had something to do with file attributes.

Edited by waremike32

I'm kinda new to flashing roms and what not. Yesterday I managed to upgrade to CF09.2096. (What's the 2096?)

I then installed "EVIDENCE/Mastergreeny V13 With Swype!, Build 23091 SYS and XIP" and it just was too much for me to use, so I went back to the CF09 from Verizon.

Before I did all of this, I had 6.1 running with SPB mobile shell. This made my phone well organized and functional.

My Question:

I was trying to make sense of which rom to flash, but was confused why there were 3 different ones? Series 8.5 M2D2, Series 8.5 NEO, and Series 8.5 Base.

Is the only difference the programs installed on each?

Do any of these have support for the swype keyboard?

Does garmin mobile xt or google gps work on these?

Thanks much

I'm kinda new to flashing roms and what not. Yesterday I managed to upgrade to CF09.2096. (What's the 2096?)

I then installed "EVIDENCE/Mastergreeny V13 With Swype!, Build 23091 SYS and XIP" and it just was too much for me to use, so I went back to the CF09 from Verizon.

Before I did all of this, I had 6.1 running with SPB mobile shell. This made my phone well organized and functional.

My Question:

I was trying to make sense of which rom to flash, but was confused why there were 3 different ones? Series 8.5 M2D2, Series 8.5 NEO, and Series 8.5 Base.

Thanks much

The diference in the roms is the user interface, it's only your preference of how you want to interact with the phone.

as far as programs i think all are the same, and they should all support whichever keyboard you want to use.

I used both garmin and google maps on all the roms i have flashed. all i can say is keep flashing you will find what

interface suits you best.

Guest popsinger

My Question:

Thanks much

where did you get the CF09? went to Verizon support and the latest is still CF03 so just wondering where this CF09 came from. thanks.

Guest Pearl Jam
I never truly nailed down the reason for the broken photo tab, but I believe it had something to do with the kitchen I was using at the time. Because of this, I'm not sure how you would go about fixing it on the device. I wound up using a different kitchen that fixed the problem. My best guess was that it had something to do with file attributes.

Ok well I decided to flash to your NuROMs M2d2.7 rom and everything seems great so far...except the start menu goes crazy when I scroll and I have to reset my phone to get it back ...and even then the sprites drag and overlap making it unusable.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks again!!!

Edited by Pearl Jam

Guest waremike32
Ok well I decided to flash to your NuROMs M2d2.7 rom and everything seems great so far...except the start menu goes crazy when I scroll and I have to reset my phone to get it back ...and even then the sprites drag and overlap making it unusable.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks again!!!

Strange, did you install any themes? If not, you may just need to reflash.

Guest Pearl Jam
Strange, did you install any themes? If not, you may just need to reflash.

Yeah Im sorry...Im using an all white M2D2 theme and I had a 6.5 theme with white bars that went perfect with the M2D2 theme but it doesnt seem to want to work right on your ROM. It is odd becuase I did have it working on my last ROM... no biggie though I guess its time I learned how to make 6.5 themes. If you knew of a good place to start and you could point me in the right position that would be awesome. Im also working on making new animated weather that works in the M2D2 tab with M2D2 Today and WeatherPanel (its already been done, but I want an animated style weather)

In the mean time you're awesome dude. Thanks for all the hard work!

Guest waremike32
Yeah Im sorry...Im using an all white M2D2 theme and I had a 6.5 theme with white bars that went perfect with the M2D2 theme but it doesnt seem to want to work right on your ROM. It is odd becuase I did have it working on my last ROM... no biggie though I guess its time I learned how to make 6.5 themes. If you knew of a good place to start and you could point me in the right position that would be awesome. Im also working on making new animated weather that works in the M2D2 tab with M2D2 Today and WeatherPanel (its already been done, but I want an animated style weather)

In the mean time you're awesome dude. Thanks for all the hard work!

Here's a few links on theme making.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...mp;postcount=24

• 3 weeks later...
Guest nugget2941

i am new to flashing. i tried the htc home rom and after 15 days, it says to subscribe and enter a serial number in order to continue to use it. do i need to pay for this to use? please let me know what i should do. thanks...also great rom

Guest waremike32
i am new to flashing. i tried the htc home rom and after 15 days, it says to subscribe and enter a serial number in order to continue to use it. do i need to pay for this to use? please let me know what i should do. thanks...also great rom

I don't know what you mean by "htc home rom". It sounds like you downloaded a rom with SPB Mobile Shell (or maybe you installed a cab) or maybe some other commercial software. There is no commercial software in my roms, only freeware.

Guest LordSith
interesting.....no such thing exists.

verizon device?

I'm Verizon and mine has a SD slot. It's right below the battery. You have to take out the battery to get to the card. Maybe he just didn't look there, as most phones have it on the side. Just my 2 cents worth. :-)