original microsoft winmo 6.5 final

Guest mihul

hi there!

thank you all for all the yummy roms out there :D

i'm interested in getting the virgin (untouched) version win mo 6.5 (start button top left), not 6.5.1

last time i checked, the last stable build was 23017

thank you very much for all the help around here!

Edited by mihul

• 2 weeks later...
Guest leap_ahead
nobody knows? come on, people, i know you know!

please take 1 minute to answer!

just link me pls, thanks!

cheers!

windows mobile 6.5 is not official for Omnia !!!

here you find the rom that you want ... 6.5 or 6.5.1 just look at post ..

thanks

windows mobile 6.5 is not official for Omnia !!!

here you find the rom that you want ... 6.5 or 6.5.1 just look at post ..

thanks

but still... you gave me a link to a rom.. (thanks!)

what i was looking for was a copy of the original wm 6.5, microsoft release, not cooked in a rom!

does it matter if it is not official for omnia? i mean isn't there a wm 6.5 that is generally official and works on omnia?

thanks!

Guest Mr.Hammer
but still... you gave me a link to a rom.. (thanks!)

what i was looking for was a copy of the original wm 6.5, microsoft release, not cooked in a rom!

does it matter if it is not official for omnia? i mean isn't there a wm 6.5 that is generally official and works on omnia?

thanks!

It depends on how you define "original wm6.5" as WM is not like Windows. You can't really just install it as it needs to be "adapted" to the phone for it to work. WM6.5 does not by itself contain the drivers that are needed for the phone to work.

The ROMs that leap_ahead have linked to are made by myself and what I have tried to do is to keep everything as "standard" as possible and not modify or remove any of the original components of WM6.5. But there are still some traces left of the original Omnia as e.g. Settings/Bluetooth/Smart Paring and Settings/Personal/Buttons/Flash Light which are not part of "standard" WM6.5 - but it would not make any sense to delete these parts as it would simply make the phone less functional.

Edited by Mr.Hammer

It depends on how you define "original wm6.5" as WM is not like Windows. You can't really just install it as it needs to be "adapted" to the phone for it to work. WM6.5 does not by itself contain the drivers that are needed for the phone to work.

The ROMs that leap_ahead have linked to are made by myself and what I have tried to do is to keep everything as "standard" as possible and not modify or remove any of the original components of WM6.5. But there are still some traces left of the original Omnia as e.g. Settings/Bluetooth/Smart Paring and Settings/Personal/Buttons/Flash Light which are not part of "standard" WM6.5 - but it would not make any sense to delete these parts as it would simply make the phone less functional.

thank you very much for your post, Mr. Hammer! it made me realise that i had no idea what i was talking about :D)

i will flash to your rom, as it sounds like the real deal, thank you! c u on your thread!