[WM6.5.3 DXID1] Stev's ROMs with M2Dv2 and OmniaLite apps

Guest Ste-V-illage

Guest Julian1984

Hi!

I would ask you something...

Where can i get the last WinMo 6.5.3 to make the rom?

And the last M2Dv2 for the omnia?

Anything else i should know? Any recomendation?

And, for last... If I dissasemble your rom, can i follow the same steps to add a few programs? Or i have to do something special? (I tried and i see that in SYAKR, when i start the customization, all options are unchecked... so i don't know if i have to check them again or what i have to do...)

Thanks!!!

First, use i900_EXEcutor to Disassemble samsung official ROM, get them in packet (there is romhdr.bin in \ROM for later use)

Second, customize your OEM using SYOK (read shokka9's helpful guide) and Package Creator (by famous Ervius, for creating package from cab file, try google search)

Then, u need WoZZeR's PlatformReBuilder Based Kitchen (Read carefully the first 3 posts).

If your device is i900, you need to replace the "omnia" folder (in \ROM) with this one (from WoZZeR also).

Important: copy the romhdr.bin mentioned above to \ROM in WoZZeR's kitchen.

Copy all your folders in the above OEM (OEMApps, OEM_Lang_0409, OEMDrivers... in the second step) and packages u have created into \OEM in WoZZeR's kitchen.

For the build, you can download from WoZZeR's collection (which is easier) or from Da_G's thread (which need more work). Then put them into the kitchen (you should follow sector's guide)

Now run Enable XPR.cmd then Enable LZX.cmd » Clear file attributes.cmd » Recmod SYS.cmd (you should check the modules in this cmd file because some are wrong named, correct them or you won't get 0 module in slot0)

Finally, run BuildROM.cmd and check buildlog.txt to make sure everything's OK and get 0 module in slot0

In my case, I cant flash my device using the updater created by BuildROM.cmd, so I have to manually Assemble one using i900_EXEcutor (again, this is a must have tool!). Now try it on your Omnia and prepare yourself :) I got mine working after 5 times failed!

PS: I set my Pagepool Size to 14mb (I think this is the default value, not 12mb)

there is no phone part in this rom. but u can integrate the phone part u want using i900_EXEcutor by pako777. Just Disassemble the ROM that u want the phonepart, disassemble this rom, then assemble and choose that phonepart.

HOPE THIS CAN HELP YOU GUYS!

Added screenshots on first post.

Now I have to sleep, it's over 3am and I'm so tired!

Edited by Julian1984

Guest alvinezz

does stev rom suffer from auto-kill ??

i am using ryzy 28002 rom and it auto-kills apps esp the M2D everytime I run opera or GPS IGO8 software, which is very annoying..

I am currently searching for stable n fast rom without auto-kill issue..

please advise.

thx

Guest lsherif
<br />does stev rom suffer from auto-kill ??<br />i am using ryzy 28002 rom and it auto-kills apps esp the M2D everytime I run opera or GPS IGO8 software, which is very annoying..<br /><br />I am currently searching for stable n fast rom without auto-kill issue..<br />please advise.<br /><br />thx<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Not at all you can try both steve`s & ock`s Rom , best roms around.

Guest alvinezz
<br /><br /><br />

Not at all you can try both steve`s & ock`s Rom , best roms around.

good to know.. but now im dying waiting for his next fat ROM!! Where r u stvvvvv =(

Guest yzfr1kong

Hi Steve,

I like your work on the 28014 slim rom. Thanks man.

But how do I enable the video calling?

The secdialer.dll is inside the windows folder and skin is enabled in the registry but "video call" is greyed out.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Guest Ste-V-illage

SORRY FOR REPLYING LATE BECAUSE I'M A LITTLE BUSY ON VACATION. WAS TRYING TO RELEASE GIFT BEFORE CHRISTMAS BUT FAILED. NEW YEAR'S GIFT SEEMS NOT TO BE IN TIME. SO MAYBE YOU WILL GET THOSE ROMS AFTER 1/1 :( TILL NOW NOTHING NEW, RAM OVER 50MB IF DISABLE SAMSUNG DIALER

You missunderstood me. I said that I can't get only the HomeScreen(Radar) weather and XTRA download to work with Wi-Fi or HDSPA. The others (Opera,Internet Explorer, Normal Weather) are working flawlessly. Tried all your suggestions but still no luck. No biggy...If there's no solution I'll just wait for you final ROM which I'm sure it'll be great :o I can live without HomeScreen Weather for a couple of days B) . Oh and btw...you were right. Motion sensor works...just not for all applications...just as you said.

Thanks for the support.

Cheers

it's weird because mine works fine, update normally. There are many complaints about this. Maybe I need to start over from the official rom. Now you need to wait for more than couple days B)

steve,thanks very much!i flashed your Rom and i like it so much!:)

but there is an inconvenience that i dont like the finding page effect of clock,can you help me fix that?

what do you mean "finding page effect"? is that the flip effect? you can tap on the other tab (named "Numeric" next to "Touch" tab) and type numbers.

Hi,

Not sure if this is only my phone but seem like i can not answer using hard button when the phone is locked (only by sliding). I can reject the call thou.

Any suggestions to fix it.

Other than that the best ROM i have used so far.

Launch CSDevCtrl and find some option like "disable full device lock". I'm replacing this app with another service so that rom has 1 more free process (important if you wanna you many programs at the same time).

Stev. I really appreciate your hard work which results this great rom. I have tried many of the other roms, I cannot say that they are bad but yours are very expectional. Many thanks.

I have only two minor issues hope you help in solving them:

- Motion sensor is not accepting disabling it, as every time I disable it then it comes back although I tried to change the registry value to 0 but after reseting it comes again.

- Zoomer in the volume key is not working.

Thank you once again :)

As I replied, screen orientation is disabled and forced to portrait in some programs because they have no landscape mode. But if you wanna disable this function, remove "Orientation" link in "\Windows\Startup\", restart then disable Motion Sensor in Settings.

This is the only ROM I've used which tries to make itself useful and consistent. Great work, Stev.

I'd love to see some performance improvements (if possible, it runs quite fine already), and quite possibly some cleanup in the menus. You are the first guy I've seen who tries to have a consistent visual presentation throughout the whole system, and it's great!

Thanks, dude. Excellent ROM.

I'm french and i come on Modaco only to download roms. Thanks to the Modaco community, my Omnia was great... but I'm always upgrading without finding the good one for me. After so many flashes, this time Steve, I found THE rom, the one I will probably definitely keep. It is yours, it's perfect ! Everything works fine for me, and everything is so well integrated... it's beautiful and fast ! My phone is just like a new one!

Thanks a lot Steve !

Compliments like this keep me from quitting cooking roms. And I've been trying to improve my roms follow your feedback (initially I cook for myself and share, now I cook for you guys lol)

why incoming caller id/pic not working for me..any advice pls? other than that this is by far the best/stable rom that suits my needs and phone...

thanks steve...

Does it happen when screen locked or unlocked? Because sometimes screenlock shows Unknown Caller and displays correctly after a few seconds (yes pretty laggy).

Hi,

Firstly sorry for my english ;)

Just to say that this rom is wonderful ! but i have some little problems with it :

When i try to configure my emails i obtain a message like : windows live was unable to establish an internet connection; please check your internet settings and make surethat you have access to data services under your billing plan;

My mail adress is at live.fr

I obtain the same message if i try to go to windows live or messenger

But i can use internet explorer normally, so is it a default with live or with my data connections ?

Another question, on manilla "internet" the shorcuts "youtube, facebook and google map do not work too.

I have a french connection with "bouygues" illimitics

Thanks for your help,

Syps

Internet tab: install youtube, facebook and google to "My Storage" then you can launch from that tab. OR you can do as AnhPhe's guide (page 25 i think) to change to the place you install apps. There's more and more complaints about connection. Why it doesn't appear on mine so that I can find a way to fix :D Hope next release the roms can get rid of this.

First of all, very nice work m8... i've tried many diferent ROM's from modaco, and this one is from far my favorite! very good taste!

Only some issues so that it becomes perfect:

- Also have this problem... very annoying!

- About the clock in M2D Home tab... the "Alarm Off" is pissing me off... can you provide the original clock.exe in order to replace in \Windows and integrate the original clock in M2D home tab? would be very helpfull (keep both in future ROM's maybe... clock.exe.bck for example).

- Another suggestion is that you include the Omnia Keybord (the one with black background), because swype is only in english (yet), and not very usable for other languages. An app to define the default Input Method would be nice too, so that I dont need to change after every soft reboot.

After all these, we can say: PERFECT ROM!

Thank a lot, and hope to have a ROM update soon.

Cheers!

Next release you will find Original Clock app on first page. And keyboard would be the OmniaLite's one. Actually there's an app in my rom to make Swype default. But no more in next roms. You can try "IMSelector".

Guest Ste-V-illage
Hi!

I would ask you something...

Where can i get the last WinMo 6.5.3 to make the rom?

And the last M2Dv2 for the omnia?

Anything else i should know? Any recomendation?

And, for last... If I dissasemble your rom, can i follow the same steps to add a few programs? Or i have to do something special? (I tried and i see that in SYAKR, when i start the customization, all options are unchecked... so i don't know if i have to check them again or what i have to do...)

Thanks!!!

you can find these stuff in "i900 General ROM discussion" » "Important Topics" or find from xda-developers...

M2Dv2 is in "i9x0 Omnia" posted by sector.

I did mention "Package Creator" by ervius for converting cab to package to cook into rom.

All options are unchecked and you have to select each option to read the note (so that you can decide to or not to remove them). After removing original stuff, you can add your packages, edit registry... and serve your rom ;) (or not lol)

i am using ryzy 28002 rom and it auto-kills apps esp the M2D everytime I run opera or GPS IGO8 software, which is very annoying..

please advise.

thx

actually auto-kill would occur when many processes are running. I've been trying to get the number of running processes lower and it seems you can have about 8 processes so that you can run more apps at the same time, except out of ram.

Did Steve change the photo name? is it still SNCXXXXXX or it changed to yymmdd_hhmmss?
changed to yymmdd_hhmmss what I personally like :)

received many feedback about that so it's included from now (to avoid you guys yelling at me hahah)

good to know.. but now im dying waiting for his next fat ROM!! Where r u stvvvvv =(

I'M ON VACATION lol and when i'm back, FAT and LITEPURE are the gifts. Dont have money to bye BUNDLE for now.

anyone know how to disable alarm that rings at 9 am every morning??

Open Clock and disable those alarms at 9pm. I think it would stop annoying you at that time.

Hi Steve,

I like your work on the 28014 slim rom. Thanks man.

But how do I enable the video calling?

The secdialer.dll is inside the windows folder and skin is enabled in the registry but "video call" is greyed out.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

In the dialer, scroll to the contact you want to make video call and tap Option (the icon next to [X] button) and select Video Call. If it's grey, maybe you are out of 3G coverage OR you disabled 3G in Bands setting (in Settings » Personal » Phone » More) OR you disabled HSDPA (in Setting » Connection » HSDPA). Enable those would fix this.

Edited by Ste-V-illage

SORRY FOR REPLYING LATE BECAUSE I'M A LITTLE BUSY ON VACATION. WAS TRYING TO RELEASE GIFT BEFORE CHRISTMAS BUT FAILED. NEW YEAR'S GIFT SEEMS NOT TO BE IN TIME. SO MAYBE YOU WILL GET THOSE ROMS AFTER 1/1 B) TILL NOW NOTHING NEW, RAM OVER 50MB IF DISABLE SAMSUNG DIALER

it's weird because mine works fine, update normally. There are many complaints about this. Maybe I need to start over from the official rom. Now you need to wait for more than couple days ;)

Hi Stev. Just wanted to let you know that I figured it out a couple of days back what was the problem with the Connection to the internet, the weather tab, and the XTRA gps quickfix. It seems that (for anyone else that's interested) I had to go to Settings/Connections/Operator Settings and select exactly my operator. I initialy didn't want to select the right operator because if I select it it will also use the right GPRS/EDGE/HSDPA connection and since I have no Data Plan it will suck up all my credit money for every little thing that I do :) . So basically almost everything works perfect now. Only issue left is that once in a while the OS slows down to a halt(twice it froze completely)...but nothing that a soft reset wouldn't fix. Overall...still the best rom I tried...and waiting anxiously for your final rom.

Happy Holidays

UPDATE: There's one tiny thing that I forgot to mention.....Maybe it's just me but the Torch doesn't seem to be working. Tried disable/enable...soft reset and all that and I only got it to work once(when i really needed it )....but never again after that B)...Cheers

Edited by Catani

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the gift of this wonderful ROM, it really rocks.

Meanwhile, I am unable to get the Flash Light to work by pressing the volume key long on Today Screen even after turning the setting on. How can I make this work?

Thanks.

please advise.

thx

U should have a look at OCK's rom, they r fast and stable.

Guest yzfr1kong
Hi Stev. Just wanted to let you know that I figured it out a couple of days back what was the problem with the Connection to the internet,

mine was slightly different.

original data operator settings was pointing to my service provider with NoData disabling the wap/gprs/mms settings, but could not access internet on IE using wifi.

what i did was change data operator to another service provider with NoData disabling settings, then the IE settings had displayed the "My Internet" and "My Work Network" labels (previously it showed "My ISP" and "My Work Network"), and subsequently i was able to surf on IE using wifi.

Steve's ROMs has NoData inside. You could use that program to stop unnecessary wap/gprs charges to your phone bill.

Waiting for your new Rom's Steve! its been a long time since you put out a whole heap of rom's to choose from.

You had some of the best rom's before! keep it up and welcome back to pumping'em out again for us!

Cheers

Guest 神舟行
Waiting for your new Rom's Steve! its been a long time since you put out a whole heap of rom's to choose from.

You had some of the best rom's before! keep it up and welcome back to pumping'em out again for us!

Cheers

Yes. I'm Waiting for too. but I hope I can find 'china' in 'regional settings'.

Thanks.

Hi there,

Congratulations for the ROM because it´s the best I tried till now. Anyway I have a little problem with the m2dv2... If I go to m2c and try to activate the tab "fingerprints" m2d won´t launch. If I activate the photo album tab it won´t show me any photo in the m2d. It reports an error about can´t find albumsearch.exe. Quite weird indeed and, of course, nothing terrible but... any help?

Hi there,

Congratulations for the ROM because it´s the best I tried till now. Anyway I have a little problem with the m2dv2... If I go to m2c and try to activate the tab "fingerprints" m2d won´t launch. If I activate the photo album tab it won´t show me any photo in the m2d. It reports an error about can´t find albumsearch.exe. Quite weird indeed and, of course, nothing terrible but... any help?

for foto album tab or music player tab you have to install first the HTC application,you can find it on a SECTOR thread,here:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...uild-1919-1432/

---

As requested have added working HTC Album, HTC Audio Manager and Comm Manager. Download below:

zip.gif HTC_Album_2.0.cab ( 2.04MB ) Number of downloads: 2238

zip.gif HTC_Audio_Manager_2.0.cab ( 1.4MB ) Number of downloads: 2191

zip.gif HTC_CommManager_2.9.5.0._Extended_WlanFix.cab ( 735.18K ) Number of downloads: 2056

@Ste-v-illage :

after 3 week my omnia is always fast,stable and beautiful , your rom rock !!! the best ever !!!

Edited by grop

Guest omniafun

thank you, this is the best rom. No bug, no crash, fast: wonderfull

But i have one little problem: the ring of the alarm have a low volume (i put all volume option to maximum, and the volume alarm is set to 5 but result dont change).

Any reason?

Guest Sevatsang

It's the best ROM I've ever seen! THANKS!

But I would like to........

Not to use Omnia lite contact and use back the original one as my contact list is categorized by "Company" in which the Omnia phonebook cannot cater this.....

I want to use back the original dialer.......

How to do that?? Do you have any program to restore back?