HTC HERO E-mail Problem

Guest *walter*

Guest *walter*

Hello everyone,

I searched the forum but could not find any tips....

I am an italian living and working in Nigeria and here's the problem.

me and a colleague of mine just bought one Htc Hero each, mine is t-mobile his is orange.

we are using them with Nigerian Provider MTN.

everything is working fast and wonderful except the following.

In active sync (perfectly running, receiving everything and all contacts synchronized immediately).

if we write a new e-mail it goes.

if we forward an e-mail it goes.

if we reply to an e-mail and we remove the quoted text from the dialing window (the original received message) it goes

if we reply to an e-mail and we included the quoted text it will not be delivered.

if we turn off the inclusion the original text from e-mail option it will not be delivered.

we already tried the following:

-factory reset

-make reply, deleting the recepient and re put it there. not working

-make reply, save the mail as draft, enter in draft and send it. not working...

any clues??

thank you very much, we really love the phone, but since we use it for work it is of paramount importance to include the original message in our replies..

thank you to all

Guest chucky.egg

Cant help much, but on my Hero (MCR 2.6) using Exchange Activesync I can send emails with the Quoted Text there.

Have you tried updating your ROM? Quite likely that they both shipped with an "old" version.

What ROM are you using? (Menu - Settings - About Phone ... Firmware version and Build number)

Have you tried setting up a POP3 account and sending from there? (just to test it)

Have you tried other update intervals? (mine is on 30 mins)

Guest *walter*

actually didn't try with a POP3, but google mail works fine....

My firmware version is 1.5 and the build number is:

1.76.110.6 146733 CL#47214

going on HTC site, when I insert the serial number of my phone (of course under HERO support section) it says that the update I am trying to download is not suitable for my device....

any indea??

thanx

actually didn't try with a POP3, but google mail works fine....

My firmware version is 1.5 and the build number is:

1.76.110.6 146733 CL#47214

going on HTC site, when I insert the serial number of my phone (of course under HERO support section) it says that the update I am trying to download is not suitable for my device....

any indea??

thanx

Try updating from the T-mobile uk site they got the new 2.73 for download works fine and for the HTC site i also tried to download the latest RUU put my S/N but no luck

Guest *walter*
Try updating from the T-mobile uk site they got the new 2.73 for download works fine and for the HTC site i also tried to download the latest RUU put my S/N but no luck

Can I still use the Nigerian SIM after the update??

Guest *walter*

Firmware update....

same problem as before...

it's a very strange thing... and i think it is also senseless....

I could understand if nothing works.... but everything works except replying with quoted tex...

..... clueless.....

Guest chucky.egg

So you can (still) send emails from the Google Mail application with the quoted text, and (still) can't send emails from the Exchange Activesync account in Mail with the quoted text?

Who is your Exchange provider?

Do you have POP3 (or IMAP) access to your Exchange account? Have you tried that?

What are your Exchange settings (Mail, Menu, More, Settings - "General Settings" and "Send & Receive")

Mine are:

Font: Small

Use signature: Off

Signature: "Sent from my HTC"

Set as default account: On (greyed out - I only have one account in Mail)

Save Attachments: External storage

Ask before deleting: Off

Mail size limit: Entire mail

Message format: HTML

Set download freq: 30 mins

Download past mail: All

Include file attachment: Smaller than 100Kb

Reply with original text: On

Always BCC me: Off

Guest *walter*

EDIT** I cannot change MESSAGE FORMAT, it si greyed and it is set on PLAIN TEXT

Yes...

the google mail works fine,

my work e-mail (we are using Company Dedicated Server) has the problem I wrote above...

I will try later on with the setting u suggested

Edited by *walter*

Guest *walter*

Same problem as before...

anyway... isn't there any option that allow to send back the original text as an attachment? or some option to copy the original text in the e-mail (it seems it can not be edited)

or maybe some option in my outlook...

by the way all previous mobile, Blackberry, Palm Treo, were working very good without this problem....

Guest chucky.egg

No options like that AFAIK

Outlook options won't help you either, unless you could create a server-side rule (otherwise you'd have to leave your PC running 24/7)

You haven't said whether you've tried:

1. using POP3 or IMAP access to your works Exchange server

2. usign POP3 or IMAP access to another (non-Exchange) mailbox

Failing that you could try a 3rd party app like RoadSync (there are others too I think)

Guest *walter*

Ok....

Installed RoadSync and everything works...

I cannot buy the key (or at least I did not figure out how to do it....)

is there any similar apps for free?

thank you...

Edited by *walter*

Guest vampion

Hi there,

I'm having problems sending emails with quoted texts, exactly as described in the above posts. I haven't tried it in IMAP yet, but just wanted it to get out there that you're not alone on this problem!

If you do come across any tips, please do share.

I don't have the HTC hero - I'm running a T-mobile G1 running a HTC (stock, not t-mobile) firmware, version 1.6.

Guest *walter*

I solved the problem using RoadSync, which is a third party application doing exactly what the HTC Native e-mail does...

the only problem is that u just have 14 days trial, and then u should buy, but in Nigeria is impossible and I am not going back to Italy until end of January...

If I put my Italian SIM in the mobile, does the system recognize me still in Nigeria or will it let me purchase the unlock key??

ISN'T THERE ANY OTHER APPLICATION LIKE ROADSYNC FREE??

and moreover... I guess RoadSync use the same connection/setting/routine that the native HTC email uses... how is it possible that one is working but not the other.....??

Guest chucky.egg

Why is it "impossible" to buy in Nigeria? Is it not available in the Market over there? (search the Market for 'RoadSync Full Version Key')

Using your Italian SIM might work, give it a try. Roaming data will cost a bit though. Is there a WiFi connection you can use?

Is there a free app?

The only one I know of is the built-in one.

Why does RoadSync work and not the HTC app?

Dunno! But I have an un-branded Hero, whereas yours are Orange/T-Mobile, so maybe the answer lies there.

Guest *walter*

Is impossible to buy in Nigeria because it is not listed in the Country in which is possible sell application on the Market.

I spot this direct from Google (link from RoadSync developer webpage)....

I will try later on with the Italian SIM, I got wifi, but dunno if it will work... probably the wifi will localize me in nigeria...

i will try later on with ITA SIM thorugh wifi....

Guest vampion
No options like that AFAIK

Outlook options won't help you either, unless you could create a server-side rule (otherwise you'd have to leave your PC running 24/7)

You haven't said whether you've tried:

1. using POP3 or IMAP access to your works Exchange server

2. usign POP3 or IMAP access to another (non-Exchange) mailbox

Failing that you could try a 3rd party app like RoadSync (there are others too I think)

I just tried using IMAP to my exchange server and sending emails with quoted texts work.

The other thing probably worth mentioning is that the exchange server isn't running MS exchange, but rather software from Communigate. I am unable to determine the version or have access to any of its settings - I'm simply an end-user at a large institution.

I wonder if there are some incompatibilities between Work Email and Communigate's system. Walter, is your exchange server a Communigate system as well?

Haven't tried roadsync yet and I'm a little reluctant to since android 2.0 is supposed to have full exchange compatibility. Hopefully someone will get a robust firmware out (even better if it has SenseUI) for the HTC Dream with Android 2.0.

Guest Stea1thmode
Is impossible to buy in Nigeria because it is not listed in the Country in which is possible sell application on the Market.

I spot this direct from Google (link from RoadSync developer webpage)....

I will try later on with the Italian SIM, I got wifi, but dunno if it will work... probably the wifi will localize me in nigeria...

i will try later on with ITA SIM thorugh wifi....

...............any news yet? so you were able to download the free version of Roadsync but cant find the full version in the market?

hhmmmm.........I dont know of any other free simular apps out there. The only thing I can think of is to root your phone and install market enabler, it allows you to fake markets from various other countries. So you can pretend that ur in Europe but ur not. Hope this helps