[Solved] Changing font size

Guest Ariekanarie

Guest Ariekanarie

Dear b7610 users,

I like a small font on my home screen so there can be giving a lot of information on it.

So i changed my font size to extra small.

When I check this fontsize with the one of my last phone (E-ten Glofiish X800 VGA screen & the b7610 has a WVGA screen) it was much smaller when I putted the fontsize on extra small. So this can't be an issue with the screenresolution.

Does anyone know if there is a registry thingy that I can do to set the fontsize smaller?

greetz and thanx in advance.

Edited by Ariekanarie

Guest Ariekanarie
It's becouse this is WVGA, screen is bigger and WM can't get smaller text.

Try to find something like Advanced Config?

I know what you mean ernstjan, but vga is is 640*480 and WVGA is 800*480 so it's only different in the height qua pixels.

and advanced config doesn't have this feature :D

Edited by Ariekanarie

Guest Martinspire

What are you trying to give a smaller font?

Homescreen doesnt ring a bell. You mean the place with the widgets? Or have you disabled that?

If you have than i guess you should google it and check your appearance settings.

Guest vonalim
Dear b7610 users,

I like a small font on my home screen so there can be giving a lot of information on it.

So i changed my font size to extra small.

When I check this fontsize with the one of my last phone (E-ten Glofiish X800 VGA screen & the b7610 has a WVGA screen) it was much smaller when I putted the fontsize on extra small. So this can't be an issue with the screenresolution.

Does anyone know if there is a registry thingy that I can do to set the fontsize smaller?

greetz and thanx in advance.

Start regedit and go to HKLM > Control Panel > Stylus > 192 DPI. There is a key (I don't remember its name) with a list of values. The values are related to the slider found in Settings/System/Screen/Text Size. Either modify the list or delete the key entirely to get defaults = smaller text sizes (Like I did).

Guest Ariekanarie
Start regedit and go to HKLM > Control Panel > Stylus > 192 DPI. There is a key (I don't remember its name) with a list of values. The values are related to the slider found in Settings/System/Screen/Text Size. Either modify the list or delete the key entirely to get defaults = smaller text sizes (Like I did).

Thanx m8!

this is exactly what I was looking for! I backupped the key first and deleted afterwards and my fontsizes are smaller now!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ErnstJanF
Thanx m8!

this is exactly what I was looking for! I backupped the key first and deleted afterwards and my fontsizes are smaller now!

Could you please change the topic title to '[solved] Changing font size' (without quotes) ?

• 3 months later...
Guest RATTLE_FISH

Hey Vonalim,

Thanks a lot, larger fonts were looking obscene on my B7610. :D

• 1 month later...
Guest VOODOOS!L

After changing this setting (also tried by changing HKLM\System\GDI\SYSTFNT\Ht and HKLM\System\GWE\Menu\PopFnt\Ht) but still when using for example PocketWikipedia or PocketDictionary the font is too large to be able to use these applications. Are there some other settings to change the font inside these? I think the application is using html pages to display the data, so it some IE registry keys...

• 1 month later...