Im a newb =]

Guest parker2k0

Guest parker2k0

Hey im new to these forums as the title suggests lol.

i've been looking around at different ROMs and I was looking to put something like manila 2d onto my omnia, I've already tried Andromnia which was cool.

I am confused on whether id put 6.5 or leave it as 6.1.

could someone help please =]?

i have PDA and phone version i900xxhj4 with a windows vista 32bit Laptop.

Windows 6.5 is really great and if u used to it u will never back to windows 6.1 again but u have to read alot about flashing your phone if this is your 1st time , and then search in this forum for rom that contains things u need i mean rom for your daily needs but u have to read the whole comments about the rom u want cuz maybe it has some bugs u want to know before flashing there is alot of windows mobile 6.5 roms around here u MUST try some and maybe u flash one and then u will find a better one so , i don't wanna make things difficult for you :P but u must read and read the users comments on a rom you maybe like

and if your phone has a warranty u will lose it make sure that u want to flash your phone before doing anything

i will provide u with some useful links

1st How to Flash your phone

2nd roms from Khuanchai (One of the best rom chefs here ) and his rom thread Here and the latest rom from Khuanchai is Here

3rd Sector's rom ( also one of the best ) Here

3rd Shokka9 and his cute looking roms Here

4th Ryrzy Here

I wish i could helped

sorry my english is not that good :D

Guest jmsmartins
Hey im new to these forums as the title suggests lol.

i've been looking around at different ROMs and I was looking to put something like manila 2d onto my omnia, I've already tried Andromnia which was cool.

I am confused on whether id put 6.5 or leave it as 6.1.

could someone help please =]?

i have PDA and phone version i900xxhj4 with a windows vista 32bit Laptop.

6.5 is more finger friendly and can be as fast and stable as 6.1 it's also very nice looking (better than 6.1 in my opinion).

i think u should start with a stable version of 6.5 (21851, hybrid from kuanchai or 21815. also 23017 is cool but i think i prefer the older ones). than you should install (if they don't come with the rom) some usefull apps - showcase, clean ram, no data, and other i can't remember now. than you have to choose a User Interface: classic/neo titanium, manila v1/v2, spb 3.5(latest). you can have more than one and almost every rom comes with 1 of them.

so, do some research and feel free to PM if you need some "guidance"

cheers

Edited by jmsmartins