Start menu was there, but is not (solved)

Guest kronk

Hi,

I own an Omnia since 3 days, and curious as I am, I of course had to try several 6.5(.1) ROMs that are offered here by these great cookers, thanks to all of them.

I can't say anymore, in what order I tried what ROM, but I remember distinctively, that with the first two, when I pressed the Windows Button on the lower left and got the main menu, I could tap on the "Start" word on the top left and got a probably Windows internal menu with "programs" and "settings" and something else, I forgot.

Anywho, my problem is that after trying some more ROMs, now I can't seem to get that menu again, no matter what ROM I try, when I tap Start, I only get the info bar with the network, battery status etc.

Am I doing something wrong, or is there a way to enable that start button in every ROM? I liked it because I could access all the settings from there, the settings in the main menu don't have all the options.

Edited by kronk

I don't know what you mean with orb, but please read again, there is a start button on the lower left, and after I tap that I get the menu and the word "start" on the top left. and tapping that word got me a foldout menu.

I understand you now (I think). What you open is the start menu (button on lower left). The word 'Start' on the top bar is just what the application is called. For example, go into Settings and you will find it will change its name to settings. Go into MyPhone and the name changes.

When you tap on the top bar, it basically allows you to select the battery, time, signal etc in a more finger friendly way. Hope this answers your question.

Guest ronaldb3
Hi,

I own an Omnia since 3 days, and curious as I am, I of course had to try several 6.5(.1) ROMs that are offered here by these great cookers, thanks to all of them.

I can't say anymore, in what order I tried what ROM, but I remember distinctively, that with the first two, when I pressed the Windows Button on the lower left and got the main menu, I could tap on the "Start" word on the top left and got a probably Windows internal menu with "programs" and "settings" and something else, I forgot.

Anywho, my problem is that after trying some more ROMs, now I can't seem to get that menu again, no matter what ROM I try, when I tap Start, I only get the info bar with the network, battery status etc.

Am I doing something wrong, or is there a way to enable that start button in every ROM? I liked it because I could access all the settings from there, the settings in the main menu don't have all the options.

kronk,

I like the old Start/Settings way too.

Try:

Startmenu - Settings - System - Large display - Checking "Use large start menu" makes upper left old style Start Menu available -"Today / Programs / Settings".

Note the area is invisible with no real button showing. Was this done by M$ on purpose? Who knows. :D

Ron...

Edited by ronaldb3

Funny, I just found this out by myself, yes, that's exactly what I was looking for, I must have enabled that option with one of the roms, but now I know that I can get it everywhere. Thanks Ron, Billus and all readers, great forum indeed. :D

Guest ronaldb3
Funny, I just found this out by myself, yes, that's exactly what I was looking for, I must have enabled that option with one of the roms, but now I know that I can get it everywhere. Thanks Ron, Billus and all readers, great forum indeed. :D

A few roms used to have that checked, but most do not and you have to do it yourself after flashing or hard reset.

Ron...