New owner

Guest rss2k

Hi,

just got the Pulse for free with extending my mobile contract with T-Mobile Netherlands and instead of choosing an I-Phone I decided the Pulse would be cool for the next year. Being an HTC Kaiser I am quite used to modding my phones.

I am having some small issues, not sure whether they are specific Pulse or Android, but I put them here:

- I was quite surprised the Pulse can sync with Exchange, so I am able to sync with my contacts, email and calendar. I have not seen this advertised anywhere and I think it is quite a bonus.

- Connecting to my car's carkit works quickly, but in the carkit I can only see the phonenumbers and not the contacts name. Not sure whether this is a problem with the exchange syncing or something else. Maybe someone has an idea?

For the rest I have to do a lot of reading getting up to speed with the android platform. For now I am quite satisfied with the device. I am also going to spam T-Mobile and Huawei for the sourcecode and am quite willing to donate the 20€ to get it.

edit:

I just found that the Roadsync tool retrieves the names from the exchange server, but joins last and first names into the nicknames field on the Pulse. Cannot find a setting to change it. I am going to find out with Roadsync.

Edited by rss2k

Guest colonel_butt
Hi,

just got the Pulse for free with extending my mobile contract with T-Mobile Netherlands and instead of choosing an I-Phone I decided the Pulse would be cool for the next year. Being an HTC Kaiser I am quite used to modding my phones.

I am having some small issues, not sure whether they are specific Pulse or Android, but I put them here:

- I was quite surprised the Pulse can sync with Exchange, so I am able to sync with my contacts, email and calendar. I have not seen this advertised anywhere and I think it is quite a bonus.

- Connecting to my car's carkit works quickly, but in the carkit I can only see the phonenumbers and not the contacts name. Not sure whether this is a problem with the exchange syncing or something else. Maybe someone has an idea?

For the rest I have to do a lot of reading getting up to speed with the android platform. For now I am quite satisfied with the device. I am also going to spam T-Mobile and Huawei for the sourcecode and am quite willing to donate the 20€ to get it.

edit:

I just found that the Roadsync tool retrieves the names from the exchange server, but joins last and first names into the nicknames field on the Pulse. Cannot find a setting to change it. I am going to find out with Roadsync.

what comes through is more dependent on the car system.

good luck with getting the source code. .... (you won't)

In terms of a good initial read, try this link (written for the G1, but generally applicable):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=519523

Hi,

thanks. I'll look into that, i am an avid user of XDA for my HTC MS Mobile phones, but the price of the Pulse steered me away from the G1/G2.

It would not surprise me if the Pulse would become a kind of hit in the Android scene.

I did find the problem with Roadsync. All my contacts had a nickname and no first and last name. My carkit expects these. I think it is a

bit strange that Roadsync does this.

Did you ask Dataviz whether this is 'by design' or whether they plan to change it?

P

Dataviz is somewhat difficult to reach. There's not really support for the delivery of the software.

You can register your device with them and can get access to the support site, but you're

only allowed to search the known bugs in a kind of FAQ. You're not allowed to send them email or

call them. Quite strange. I have now changed my contacts manually. And the good news is that

a new sync from the exchange server does not revert it, I was a bit afraid of that.

I have not found an emailaddress to send it to, but I'll try looking into it.

On a side note: I downloaded a QR application from the marketplace, but I need to stick the

phone quite close to the screen in order to get a QR-code on screen and somehow it cannot focus

the camera and therefore not able to read the code. Have other people the same problem?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest vuurbal

Hi,

I've also got a newbe question. Got my pulse today, I had it send to my work. So I did not do a lot of work today and rushed home when possible.

once I was home I connected it to my pc and what do you know. It askes for this:

"Insert the disc that came with your T-mobile 3G Phone.

If you have the disk that came with your device, insert it now. Windows will automatically search the disc for the driver software."

Guess what, I left the box with the CD in it at work. Tried the T-mobile site and the Huawei site but couldn't find anything.

does anybody know where to find this driver?

Vista utlimate 64 bit

thanks

Guest JingleManSweep

We've already done that, and T-Mobile have released the source code already. See this link:

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...en-source-code/