Would you advise on a NEW i900 ?

Guest Daedric1383

Guest Daedric1383

Hello everyone! Been a member for long, never posted, so please forgive me if a brake and rules!

I need a new phone.... my primary phone (htc kaiser) is now running android and with a company sim card, won't never return to WM there...

But i need a cell phone for my private number, and must run windows mobile, as i'm not used to anything else now...

I've had a i900 on my hand before, the camera leaves me in AWE (compared to the kaiser at least), its cpu is really really fast... i'm amazed.

So... at 319€ in my country... free from everything operator-wise, would you advise me to get one?

I intend on flashing it on the next few days, install several TurnByTurn navigators (must have for me) and a few HTC apps.

If you do advise, against or in favor, please explain... and if you advise me to buy... 8gb or 16gb??

Guest MaliciousKen
Hello everyone! Been a member for long, never posted, so please forgive me if a brake and rules!

I need a new phone.... my primary phone (htc kaiser) is now running android and with a company sim card, won't never return to WM there...

But i need a cell phone for my private number, and must run windows mobile, as i'm not used to anything else now...

I've had a i900 on my hand before, the camera leaves me in AWE (compared to the kaiser at least), its cpu is really really fast... i'm amazed.

So... at 319€ in my country... free from everything operator-wise, would you advise me to get one?

I intend on flashing it on the next few days, install several TurnByTurn navigators (must have for me) and a few HTC apps.

If you do advise, against or in favor, please explain... and if you advise me to buy... 8gb or 16gb??

If your budget permits, go for I8000 instead of I900. OmniaII's camera is far better then its predecessor and same goes for its cpu. On the down side, there's yet to be any custom rom available. But i believe it only matter of time =) cheers!

Side note: I do own both Omnia and Omnia II, and hence my conclusion.

Edited by MaliciousKen

Guest Daedric1383
If your budget permits, go for I8000 instead of I900. OmniaII's camera is far better then its predecessor and same goes for its cpu. On the down side, there's yet to be any custom rom available. But i believe it only matter of time =) cheers!

Side note: I do own both Omnia and Omnia II, and hence my conclusion.

I'll take your word for it, but acording to specs, they have the same charateristics: 5 MP, 2592 x 1944 pixels, autofocus, LED flash

Now.. one thing makes me nervous on the I8000... its samsung cpu.

I've had a p3600 and a tytn 1, both of them 400mhz... and they didn't leave a good impression on me... i'm rather fond of the Marvel/Intel cpus...

One thing is for certain.... the camera capabilities on the recording side are far superior on the i8000..

Yet... that huge AMOLED screen... with a lot of pixels... and only 65K colors?? God...

Anyone else also votes on the i8000 ?

Hi,

I believe you have your reasons to go for WM :D

As for I900 (I have one after my IPhone broke) it's a preaty good choise even now.

Lots of pros, as cons can be display (not readable in the sunshine at all) and lack of normal 3.5 .

If you dont care about it-Omnia is a good choise considering value/price.

Cheers,

Guest ronaldb3

Hi Daedric,

You might have better response from longer term members if you asked your question in the general Omnia Discussion thread instead of this more narrow subject "Omnia Rom Discussion" thread. There are very active members over there that have had several other phones.

IMHO,

Ron...

Edited by ronaldb3

Guest Daedric1383

:P Indeed! didn't saw the ROM in the section!

If a mod sees this and can move it, i would be thank full! :D

BTW... where does theOmniaPRO enters the equation ??

Edited by Daedric1383