Bugs you would like Samsung to fix

Guest bobobird
Probably more of a feature request than a bug but it is something that many people find annoying ...

- Provide an option in the Samsung messaging app to disable the notification message every time a message is sent (without users having to resort to registry hacking and/or disabling Samsung messaging app).

Done

1. Autorotate

The most annoying feature of O2 is the autorotate, the screen quickly go to portrait whenever there are activities coming in like sms, call, mail, wifi, network and all notifications, this is very annoying and dangerous. i can loose focus on my driving just because i have to turn the phone to portrait.

The task manager also doesnt support horizontal . so cumbersome for multitasking especially while driving, gps, change song, and notification. I want the screen to stay for all application in whichever orientation i choose like Omnia 1. (Swipe screen taskmanager like in Omnia 1 is the best)

This is also annoying while you set it horizontal to play video (especially via TV out), incoming notification the phone autorotate to portrait without you moving the phone.

2. Samsung keyboard

Second most annoying is Samsung keyboard always fail to work in inputing user id and password for a lot of websites that require me to login. I have to change to the small keyboard. And to change keyboard and so freaking difficult when the scrollup menu usually miss your touch. Sometimes you touch everywhere and the scroll up menu doesnt show up. Really Teribble

3. Video Recording

Third most annoying is the video recording. It shoots really nice D1 video when the light is enough but in low light the double LED seem useless. And the absence of autofocus in video recording is also very annoying. I want Omnia 1 autofocus video recording in O2.

4. Font

Fourth most annoying is the fonts are too big even after you set it the smallest on todays screen. I like the old WM standard todays screen where i can see all info on one screen without pressing scrolling, swiping this and that. I can place a lot of info on Omnia 1 but for Omnia II i expect more info due the bigger screen but NOT. They make the font bigger and even to achieve ONE Liner date is nearly impossible.

5. Buttons

The last annoying feature of Omnia II is buttons. Due to autorate problem, we have to set one button for manual rotate thats fine if Omnia 2 allows more buttons settings like Omnia 1. BUT NOT. We cant use the lock screen button, and we cant use camera hold button. So less buttons to use. The menu button next to the camera is too close for to set for dedicated task. I need all buttons to perform double job (press or hold) like Omnia I.

Guest gpap2004

1. I want to add another problem relating with the keyboard.

In 12-keyboard and in Greek language, there is not the greek letter ζ in keyboard, so you cannot type some words. In 20-keyboard and in qwerty kbrd , it is OK.

2. There is not the classic start menu with the recent programmes or the start programmes, as it is in classic microsoft windows 6.1 devices.

Guest tacchan23
2. There is not the classic start menu with the recent programmes or the start programmes, as it is in classic microsoft windows 6.1 devices.

What you mean? on wm6.1 there is the standard star menu as far as I can remember...

Guest tacchan23
1. Autorotate

The most annoying feature of O2 is the autorotate, the screen quickly go to portrait whenever there are activities coming in like sms, call, mail, wifi, network and all notifications, this is very annoying and dangerous. i can loose focus on my driving just because i have to turn the phone to portrait.

The task manager also doesnt support horizontal . so cumbersome for multitasking especially while driving, gps, change song, and notification. I want the screen to stay for all application in whichever orientation i choose like Omnia 1. (Swipe screen taskmanager like in Omnia 1 is the best)

This is also annoying while you set it horizontal to play video (especially via TV out), incoming notification the phone autorotate to portrait without you moving the phone.

It's not really a fix nor sure if it could suit your needs, but you can use some utilities posted in this forum to enable aoutorate only for specific application of your choice (or you can disable the autorotation complitely too)

Edited by tacchan23

Guest benji791

The most important issue in my concern is the non support for audio routing via bt with voice command.

The second is the problem with tomtom and use of gps device without proxy.

The third is the non display of html images (both in samsung skinned app and standard outlook) and links (in samsung skinned app) and the impossibity to select text in samsung skinned app.

The fourth and not least is the annoying bip you can hear when clicking on widgets in touchwiz homescreen (even if you disable touch sounds alerts).

The most important issue in my concern is the non support for audio routing via bt with voice command.

My stock ROM supports audio routing with MVC via BT just fine

Guest bobobird

The second is the problem with tomtom and use of gps device without proxy.

The third is the non display of html images (both in samsung skinned app and standard outlook) and links (in samsung skinned app) and the impossibity to select text in samsung skinned app.

The fourth and not least is the annoying bip you can hear when clicking on widgets in touchwiz homescreen (even if you disable touch sounds alerts).

Audio routing does work according to other posts. Please try their suggestions.

TomTom IS A TomTom problem which they wont fix. It is not a O2 problem.

But seems SS maybe got sick of all the bs directed at them and fixed it themselves.

Check here

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...al-gps-on-wm65/

Mail attachments - attachments (only tested images) do download. Problem is the downloaded attachements are given another name and extension. If you physically check the inbox attachment folder the files will be there most likely with a .att extension. If you rename the extension to eg .jpg the pic will show up. Strangely, at first the images did not display but after a while the links worked. Weird !!!!!1

Yes, the bip in touchwiz is quite annoying. Will add to list.

As for selecting text - works in notes and word etc, in which app is text not selectable ?

Edited by bobobird

Guest bobobird
1. I want to add another problem relating with the keyboard.

In 12-keyboard and in Greek language, there is not the greek letter ζ in keyboard, so you cannot type some words. In 20-keyboard and in qwerty kbrd , it is OK.

Recent programme list appears in 6.1 if you turn off the widgetplus today item.

The 12-keyboard Greek problem added to list.

Guest bobobird
1. Autorotate

2. Samsung keyboard

Second most annoying is Samsung keyboard always fail to work in inputing user id and password for a lot of websites that require me to login. I have to change to the small keyboard. And to change keyboard and so freaking difficult when the scrollup menu usually miss your touch. Sometimes you touch everywhere and the scroll up menu doesnt show up. Really Teribble

3. Video Recording

Third most annoying is the video recording. It shoots really nice D1 video when the light is enough but in low light the double LED seem useless. And the absence of autofocus in video recording is also very annoying. I want Omnia 1 autofocus video recording in O2.

4. Font

Fourth most annoying is the fonts are too big even after you set it the smallest on todays screen. I like the old WM standard todays screen where i can see all info on one screen without pressing scrolling, swiping this and that. I can place a lot of info on Omnia 1 but for Omnia II i expect more info due the bigger screen but NOT. They make the font bigger and even to achieve ONE Liner date is nearly impossible.

5. Buttons

The last annoying feature of Omnia II is buttons. Due to autorate problem, we have to set one button for manual rotate thats fine if Omnia 2 allows more buttons settings like Omnia 1. BUT NOT. We cant use the lock screen button, and we cant use camera hold button. So less buttons to use. The menu button next to the camera is too close for to set for dedicated task. I need all buttons to perform double job (press or hold) like Omnia I.

You should'nt be doing all those things whie driving - lots of countries have laws against such behaviour (yours probably isnt) but just dont do that. It is both dangerous for not only yourself but other roadusers and pedestrians. Who knows what can happen when you are distracted while driving.

That said, the inconsistent rotation issue can be annoying. Added.

Others also added but worded a bit differently.

You should'nt be doing all those things whie driving

I know :P but i wont be driving dangerously if Samsung just make autorotate like Omnia1 infact autorotate like other phone that can autorotate :D

Guest benji791
Audio routing does work according to other posts. Please try their suggestions.

TomTom IS A TomTom problem which they wont fix. It is not a O2 problem.

But seems SS maybe got sick of all the bs directed at them and fixed it themselves.

Check here

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...al-gps-on-wm65/

Mail attachments - attachments (only tested images) do download. Problem is the downloaded attachements are given another name and extension. If you physically check the inbox attachment folder the files will be there most likely with a .att extension. If you rename the extension to eg .jpg the pic will show up. Strangely, at first the images did not display but after a while the links worked. Weird !!!!!1

Yes, the bip in touchwiz is quite annoying. Will add to list.

As for selecting text - works in notes and word etc, in which app is text not selectable ?

For the audio routing, i've tried other users settings and it still doesn't work completely with my car kit (it's integrated in the car so i'm not gonna change it). I can hear in my car speakers the loud bip but after it's like if the microphone of my car was muted (also tried to speak in o2 microphone and it's not better).

For Tomtom -> OK

For images in HTML emails, i'm not talking of attachments which works fine but external images included in HTML. The don't work neither in skinned app, neither in outlook. For the links, they are displayed in outlook but not in skinned app.

• 1 month later...
Guest acastiyo

I have another one:

- Fix the phone´s slowdown after you connect it in storage mode to a pc. When you disconnect it, the phone will run very slow. The only solution is going to settings, disable and then reenable titanium. The phone will then just work fine.

It happens with wm6.5 L2, and connecting it to any pc, even if it has Linux.

• 3 months later...
Guest lantony

Hi all, i am using one of the latest ROMS: JB1 but i still thing there's room for improvement.

I think these are the most important aspects to improve:

1. 3d opengles acceleration on Omnia2 is one of the worse ever. The GPU specs show a quite powerful 3d engine but this phone is not even able to run the SPB charousel in a proper way, only 5fps!!! All the games like the included Crayon, are incredibly slow and unusable. There is no opengles 1 support but only opengles 2 and the drivers are never updated

2. Touchplayer is a great video player but it only supports very few formats, using coreplayer solves the "unknown-unsupported format" error but in this case there is no hardware acceleration in this case so everything runs really bad!!!!

3. Still needs lots of optimization on the ram usage.

4. GPS still looks incredibly slow even when compared to the older i900. Even if i am activating extra, it takes from 5 up to 10 minutes to get the position!!!!!!

Guest msra6la2
Use this, works great!

Ameba

no worries, I am using the latest HK rom HZHJC2 (after I flashed this rom, I just don't wish to go back to WM6.5.x roms because it's that amazing) and this rom has finally got Samsung Touchwiz working like it did during its WM6.1 haydays

But here're the things that I like Samsung to do:

1) I want the new Samsung lockscreen that's seen on the T*Omnia II and hopefully that will fix the occasional sluggishness of WM default lockscreen

2) I want vibration on the Samsung Keyboard back. I want the keyboard skin found in JB1, JA5 European roms not the shitty, depressed looking Asian Samsung keyboard skin

3) I want Samsung to reserve less RAM, it's evident that you don't need that much RAM to keep the system stable (as shown by HTC Touch2 which has reserved 86mb ram only and Acer NeoTouch S200 which has reserved 56mb ram only)

4) I want touchplayer to search only the files that I want it to search. Also I want to get rid of player-auto-update

Guest jh787

Has anybody tried typing in *#1472365# into their Omnia2?

It brings up some extra gps settings, some of which are similar to settings that can be reached in registry but some are unique.

The main one that was of interest to me was the start up mode of GPS.

Mine was set to cold start which meant that every time i started my tomtom it did so by deleting all previous data.

This meant i was on a cold start each and every time i used it which was why it took forever to lock sometimes.

I have now changed this setting to "hotstart" and my locks are instant.

There are various other settings that can be played with and tried out but this setting alone got rid of the only flaw i could find in the Omnia2.

Guest speedfrog
Has anybody tried typing in *#1472365# into their Omnia2?

It brings up some extra gps settings, some of which are similar to settings that can be reached in registry but some are unique.

The main one that was of interest to me was the start up mode of GPS.

Mine was set to cold start which meant that every time i started my tomtom it did so by deleting all previous data.

This meant i was on a cold start each and every time i used it which was why it took forever to lock sometimes.

I have now changed this setting to "hotstart" and my locks are instant.

There are various other settings that can be played with and tried out but this setting alone got rid of the only flaw i could find in the Omnia2.

why have you posted this post in 10 other threads?

Guest silviaccio1

i don't know if it happens ony to me, the SS agenda works well while the Calendar (MS application?) wstarts only the first time I launch it.

This mean thal also other Agenda applications as Agendus have the the same problem.

It's olnly my problem?

Edited by silviaccio1

Guest triplex76
Seems rom improvements are not doing much bug fixing (or are introducing new ones along the way).

Lets list here what needs to be done and hopefully Secany can relay them to the dummies that SS employs ? (or hope hope Samsung reads these forums).

Will start off with a few

- Return the 6.1 lockscreen to 6.5.

- Fix the lockscreen from changing the default wallpaper (normally first page in touchwiz) if the wallpaper of another panel is changed. After a poweroff, the first panel wallpaper will then change to whichever other panel's wallpaper that was earlier changed.

- Make TouchPlayer scan only user defined directories

- Same for Photo Viewer

- Fix the relatively slow fix times for the GPS. The i900 was much much better at this.

- Let users choose the keyboard skin they would like to use (some prefer the old one, some the new one).

- Photo/video filenames should be in data-time format

- Widgets should have "lock to position" and "snap to grid" options to prevent them sliding around all over the place and also help with alignment with other widgets (no wonder so many people dont like the widgets).

We like to customise but we also like to see the incosistencies removed.

Chime in with your suggestions.

Member suggestions

- Wifi settings not remembered

- Directional controls on keyboard

- On the Samsung keyboard, if you tap and hold any key, the letter will change to the number/symbol on that key. Other Keyboards use faster input method than the one made by Samsung, such as tap and slide (up) to type symbols/number.

- Able to add additional mobile numbers to the same contact

- Able to add an additional customize field to a contact eg Home address, Office Address or anything

- Able to have different mobile and SMS numbers. This is practical if we travel, SMS back to home country need a "+" sign in front of the number which now is impossible since it is tag as the same number as the mobile number. Current method to differentiate this is the ancient old phone technology method of making different contacts name for the same contact but with different numbers eg John1, John2, John3 for the same john.

- Ability to individually change vibrate or different ring tone for individual areas not just an overall system.

- Address in contacts seems truncated. Should be fully viewable.

- Missed SMS or missed call need a beep reminder or some reminder lighting.

- Able to do a full or individual backup to the storage or main memory. Internet backup maybe a problem if no connection.

- WM6.5 titanium always defaults to the upper pictures row, instead of the clock row.

- Noise cancellation in video recorder is missing or not properly implemented. Recorded videos all have a distinct hiss and/or whistle in the audio.

- Provide an option in the Samsung messaging app to disable the notification message every time a message is sent (without users having to resort to registry hacking and/or disabling Samsung messaging app).

- 12-keyboard and in Greek language, the greek letter ζ is missing, so you cannot type some words. In 20-keyboard and in qwerty kbrd , it is OK.

- Turning off all sound notifications has no effects on the widgets which will beep when touched. This is quite annoying.

- Email attachments are not initially downloaded with the message (even if complete download has been set). And the downloaded images or attachments are not renamed to reflect the actual links in the message. Therefore nothing happens if a link in a email message is clicked. Seems to work properly after sometime but really such an important function should be instant.

- all hardware buttons should be re-assignable.

- All apps/Utilities should be rotation aware. Eg if watching a movies in landscapte and a phone call comes in, the phone message is still in the default portrait orientation.

- Autofocus is not working in video recording.

- Video recording in low light conditions is very poor. The i900 was much better in this respect.

- Camera - in the i900, auto meant auto everything. That is no special photo taking setting was required to take pictures (or videos) in widely varying lighting condition. In the i8000 this very useful point-and-shoot capability is either disabled or not implemented.

- Samsung keyboard always fails to save user id and password for websites that require a login. But the standard keyboard does. But the keys are small as to make this method almost useless due to constant wrong input and correction etc.

Cheers

there is a fast fix for the audio recording quality...every type of audio recording (video/radio/call etc...) belong to the option you select in setting (windows setting you need to unhide it by using registry key) ... after select personal ... input (i think it's called like that in english rom....in the italian one is "immissione") and after that just go in options and select 44.1000 hz 16bit stereo.you will have by far better audio recording but the size of the resulting files will be obviously greater in size.

Guest triplex76
Hi all, i am using one of the latest ROMS: JB1 but i still thing there's room for improvement.

I think these are the most important aspects to improve:

1. 3d opengles acceleration on Omnia2 is one of the worse ever. The GPU specs show a quite powerful 3d engine but this phone is not even able to run the SPB charousel in a proper way, only 5fps!!! All the games like the included Crayon, are incredibly slow and unusable. There is no opengles 1 support but only opengles 2 and the drivers are never updated

2. Touchplayer is a great video player but it only supports very few formats, using coreplayer solves the "unknown-unsupported format" error but in this case there is no hardware acceleration in this case so everything runs really bad!!!!

3. Still needs lots of optimization on the ram usage.

4. GPS still looks incredibly slow even when compared to the older i900. Even if i am activating extra, it takes from 5 up to 10 minutes to get the position!!!!!!

gps fix is faster than the i900 (i own both the phones) just need some tweaks in the registry as follow :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\InputBufferSize: set from 4096 to 512

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\OutputBufferSize: set from 4096 to 512

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\SleepOnNoData: set from 100 to 0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Multiplexer\MaxBufferSize: set from 16384 to 1024

instead of setting the in/out buffer size at 512 (from 4096) just set it at 1024 that is by far superior in term of performance (i did some testing)

Edited by triplex76