"My Storage" is missing

mine was missing last week, sent to SSC (ps, singapore), took 2 hrs , inc. 6.5 upgrade. (though they ask for 1-3 days)..upon collection, ask CSR about repair, 8Gb internal is replaced (detachable, not soldered on MB)..just 4yi.

Guest ravelcop
mine was missing last week, sent to SSC (ps, singapore), took 2 hrs , inc. 6.5 upgrade. (though they ask for 1-3 days)..upon collection, ask CSR about repair, 8Gb internal is replaced (detachable, not soldered on MB)..just 4yi.

so there wasn't any problem with MB. were they able to recover your files from the old storage? also, did they give you an assurance that it won't likely to happen again? like perhaps it was just a factory defect on the harddrive?

I say you leave your phone as is and don't give them any futher reason to void your warranty. If you fiddle with it further, you could potentially worsen things, resulting in them saying your warranty is void.

Actualy, what you say is more wise and reasonable !

(I forget the garanty impact because I haven't)

Actualy, what you say is more wise and reasonable !

(I forget the garanty impact because I haven't)

Usually the simplest options are the best ones :). Everyone's i8000 is still covered under warranty until Samsung say it isn't. Remember at some point Samsung is going to draw a line in the sand at what we're doing, because it definitely is a grey area in the whole void warranty/not void warranty thing!

Guest tacchan23
Usually the simplest options are the best ones :) . Everyone's i8000 is still covered under warranty until Samsung say it isn't. Remember at some point Samsung is going to draw a line in the sand at what we're doing, because it definitely is a grey area in the whole void warranty/not void warranty thing!

My question about warranty... we still have a warranty even if we never aplied/registered for it and we don't even have any recipt of the purchase? (my case^^). Also, would this warranty have any "value" in other Samsung service center other than those in the country of purchase?

My question about warranty... we still have a warranty even if we never aplied/registered for it and we don't even have any recipt of the purchase? (my case^^). Also, would this warranty have any "value" in other Samsung service center other than those in the country of purchase?

I'm not an official Samsung spokesperson, nor am I even affiliated with Samsung, so whatever I say should be taken as a grain of salt. But based on previous experience, I suspect that warranty varies based on where and how you bought your i8000. If you bought it from your carrier or a website, then you would be able to apply for warranty through them without receipt since they will usually keep records (unless they say otherwise). Also warranty is usually only valid in country or region of purchase. So for example, if you purchased a i8000 in Singapore the warranty will only be valid in Singapore, but may possibly be valid in Malaysia. I suspect that if you take your foreign i8000 to a local Samsung Service Center they will be more than willing to repair it (assuming they have parts available), but they'll charge you since phone makers retain records about where the phone came from and which market they were destined for, even if the phone was a generic international one.

In my case, I know my warranty is worthless to me, since I purchased my i8000 in Singapore and I live in New Zealand. New Zealand doesn't even have the i8000 available, so I'd just get blank stares if I were to take my phone to get repaired. I would probably have to a visit a third party mobile phone repair to get my phone fixed and it'll cost me guaranteed.

• 6 months later...
Guest scottkr
Tool Tip Restore your "My Storage"

Máy của tui cũng bị mất cái ổ cứng. Mày mò đọc được thông tin trên 1 diễn đàn nước ngoài đã restore em nó thành công.

Share dzới các cô chú pác anh chị em:

1- Chuyển chế độ USB Connection trên điện thoại thành MASS STORAGE

(Settings --> General Settings --> USB Connection, chọn Mass Storage)

2- Connect điện thoại vào máy tính, máy tính sẽ nhận Mass Storage Device. Nếu bạn cần backup dữ liệu quan trọng nào đó trong ổ cứng, thì xem có thể open nó trong máy tính được không, nếu được thì backup lại; không open trong máy tính được thì đành chịu mất vậy... )

3- Format ổ cứng của điện thoại trên máy tính, mặc định các tùy chọn khi setup, không chỉnh gì hết.

4- Sau khi format xong, copy vào ổ cứng điện thoại 1 vài file gì đó (nhạc, hình...), trước khi "Safely remove this device".

5- Ngắt kết nối điện thoại và máy tính, khởi động lại điện thoại --> check ổ cứng xem có chưa nhé!

AWESOME ! THUMBS UP !

Guest arthurjohngeronimo

im also having this problem with my 16gb my storage.. frustrated?? yeah me too!!

someone told me on the forum i posted few days ago, also the same problem with ours, after the third time his O2 was recalled from the service center, he got his money back.. this guy's from sweden.. and somehow samsung there are sticking with 2gb storage.. even here in UAE, and back in the philippines where i got my O2, it was quite hard to find 16gb, most O2 are 8gb..

i hope theyd tell their customers about this issue or somehow even tell buyers that 16gb's are having problems like this.. phew!!

BTW, any other whos getting their money back after the third recall?

Guest GunnarKarlsson
BTW, any other whos getting their money back after the third recall?

We have quite good consumer rights laws in Sweden where it explicitly says that the service center have only two chances to repair the same error. After the third error a new device should be returned. I think I got the money back because it took them so long to "fix" the error (3 weeks first time, 2 weeks second time and 7 weeks now for the last time)

It sucks for those that cannot get it repaired because bought abroad or a service provider that have no clue.

or if you lost the memory when having a custom ROM. Will Samsung redeem the waranty then?

//Gunnar