EZ Input and Video Mode

Guest gorf1000

Guest gorf1000

I've seen it mentioned in a few threads but I have not been able to find a solution.

I am running Storm's latest 23081 ROM with EZ Input. He had asked people to test to see if the video mode still crashed the camera, well it does and unfortunately I have not found a way to revert to camera mode.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Guest TheDrizzle
I've seen it mentioned in a few threads but I have not been able to find a solution.

I am running Storm's latest 23081 ROM with EZ Input. He had asked people to test to see if the video mode still crashed the camera, well it does and unfortunately I have not found a way to revert to camera mode.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Try this:

Using a registry editor, go into "HKCU\Software\Samsung\Camera" find the key "PreviousMode", change from "1" to "0". That should get your camera back.

Guest gorf1000
Try this:

Using a registry editor, go into "HKCU\Software\Samsung\Camera" find the key "PreviousMode", change from "1" to "0". That should get your camera back.

The Drizzle to the rescue!!! Thanks man!

Oh, and for anyone who gets their EZ Input keyboard stuck in the state without a space bar (a ".com" and "/" button).

Use a reg. editor and got to "HKLM\Software\Tegic\eT9\Ime", find the key "CurrentET9Style", change from "2" to "0".

Guest TheDrizzle
The Drizzle to the rescue!!! Thanks man!

Glad I could help! I was using WoZZeRs MegAmnia build for awhile, which had this problem, and I kinda stumbled upon the fix haphazardly.

Guest tampaboy1984

Yes so you should flash to EVIDENCE/ MasterGreeny "Eyemaster Rom" this malfunction is not present VIDEO Mode and the Camer button are both working also his rom is the Best!!!! I even have M2D 2.0 running with no problems.

Guest gorf1000
That doesn't really answer any questions at all...

lol, well said. The only reason I thought they were linked is because in some of the threads people were mentioning that with EZ Input implemented in a ROM that it caused video mode to not work. Hopefully all the ROM builders will get this straightened out so we don't have to choose between basic functionality in our ROM choice.

Guest Rob Storm
lol, well said. The only reason I thought they were linked is because in some of the threads people were mentioning that with EZ Input implemented in a ROM that it caused video mode to not work. Hopefully all the ROM builders will get this straightened out so we don't have to choose between basic functionality in our ROM choice.

The problem in my rom was missing files/registry edits. This has been corrected in the newest ROM (23085). Thanks for the support! :D

Guest gorf1000
The problem in my rom was missing files/registry edits. This has been corrected in the newest ROM (23085). Thanks for the support! :D

Great, now I have another flash to do tomorrow :P, oh well, the more I flash the less I'll get used to one setup! ;)