Connecting to server/internet on unlocked phone

Guest pilotdiane

Guest pilotdiane

Has anyone else who has unlocked the phone from T-Mobile had problemss accessing the internet/server?

Looking at forums generally as regards unlocked android TMobile branded phone this seems to be fairly common but there do not seem to be enough settings options on the Pulse to fix this (I am presuming it is something Tmobile based blocking it). Any thoughts much appreciated as without the internet and the server connection the phone is pretty useless.

Thanks in advance!

Guest phildrip
Has anyone else who has unlocked the phone from T-Mobile had problemss accessing the internet/server?

Looking at forums generally as regards unlocked android TMobile branded phone this seems to be fairly common but there do not seem to be enough settings options on the Pulse to fix this (I am presuming it is something Tmobile based blocking it). Any thoughts much appreciated as without the internet and the server connection the phone is pretty useless.

Thanks in advance!

I'm having the same problems. Wifi works fine, but I can't access the internet with 3G or GPRS yet. I the getsettings.o2.co.uk site doesn't appear to be working right now; normally they'd mms the right settings to the phone.

Guest phildrip
I'm having the same problems. Wifi works fine, but I can't access the internet with 3G or GPRS yet. I the getsettings.o2.co.uk site doesn't appear to be working right now; normally they'd mms the right settings to the phone.

Ok, sorted it. In Settings, go to Wireless Controls -> Mobile networks -> Access Point Names -> New APN.

Then use settings from here:

http://www.iphoneuserguide.com/apple/2008/...-for-iphone-3g/

The 'server' option on the phone refers to the DNS server on the site. For myself on o2 UK, the proxy's blank, and APN type is not set.

Seems to work for the internet, not tried MMS yet.

Guest pilotdiane
Ok, sorted it. In Settings, go to Wireless Controls -> Mobile networks -> Access Point Names -> New APN.

Then use settings from here:

http://www.iphoneuserguide.com/apple/2008/...-for-iphone-3g/

The 'server' option on the phone refers to the DNS server on the site. For myself on o2 UK, the proxy's blank, and APN type is not set.

Seems to work for the internet, not tried MMS yet.

Thanks! Just figured it myself at the same time, hopefully you have I have helped some others out as I think if you unlock it removes all the APN details.