PDAclan has cooking information!!

Guest powser

Hi, Khuanchai

Here is the download link for the Chinese II3 ROM, you need to install a plug-in before you can download. And there is password for extraction the RAR file: 移动帝国最新ROM发布

http://www.namipan.com/d/I8000U.rar/090d61...67f0988cc96430f

The password is in Chinese(red color words), please try to copy/paste to see if it works or not.

If u really want to give out the namipan link like that, maybe you should also link to the direct download of the namipan software! So that others can download it...

EDIT: oh didn't realize they will automatically install browser plugin. sorry O_O

Edited by powser

Lancez, do you still have the single executable file for a chinese ROM? Could you please upload it? I'm thinking that we may not be at the same page with people who are making the chinese ROM.

i will try to upload it to mediafire on monday, am on a biz trip now. as long as i understood, the chinese ROM dose not have seperate LANGpack at all.

@powser

the only problem for now is khuanchai needs detailed instruction on how to repack modified OS.nb to a flashable file.

Edited by Lancez

Guest Khuanchai
i will try to upload it to mediafire on monday, am on a biz trip now. as long as i understood, the chinese ROM dose not have seperate LANGpack at all.

@powser

the only problem for now is khuanchai needs detailed instruction on how to repack modified OS.nb to a flashable file.

That's correct. I checked the customized wm6.5 ii1 chinese ROM and there is no langpack. All language files are included into the SYS and OEM.

I followed those instructions and got a flashable ROM. However, it was not bootable after flash. :) Luckily, id didn't brick my phone.

Still have to find other way of cooking.

That's correct. I checked the customized wm6.5 ii1 chinese ROM and there is no langpack. All language files are included into the SYS and OEM.

I followed those instructions and got a flashable ROM. However, it was not bootable after flash. :) Luckily, id didn't brick my phone.

Its a start!

thanks a lot, but i believe that newest ROM is I3 and that is the ROM they r working on.

@khuanchai

im thinking that hidden portion on "my storage" could be the reason. i've tried flashing G7 and IH5 PDA with newer IJ8 CSC and all, the phone become very unstable and slow as hell. as Sorg stated (or Taril) the hidden portion contains whole ROM files. it'll only be overwrited if u flash ur phone with .MST. just my 2 cents

According to the person who made the first custom rom, one of the causes of unbootable after flash is if the size of the rom is different from original.

Guest Khuanchai
According to the person who made the first custom rom, one of the causes of unbootable after flash is if the size of the rom is different from original.

Will check that but a little while. Many things to do early this week.

Guest acastiyo

Wow guys, this really looks awesome!!! I hope this can be the start of a good cooking community for our Omnia II. Keep up the good work!

If Omnia II gets a good community support, I am sure many many more people will start wanting one, because HTC HD2 is soooo expensive, and not so much better. I don't want to waste my money in expensive gadgets that will be old in a year's time. And Omnia 2 can be bought for less than 400€ right now.

Omnia II is a perfect price/specs phone, and if we get community support, it can be a good phone for us for a long time, at least until WM7 appears and sets the new standard later next year. In the meantime Omnia 2 with good and stable WM6.5.1 builds would rock!!

Guest rodrigofd

VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE !

I am (believe) one of the very few english-speaker person, along with Khuanchai, working hard to succeed in cooking custom ROM .

I resumed this morning in my attemps, and i got very far !!! I modified the boot animated screen GIF file, packed into nb0, flashed sucessfully, and managed to get phone booting, and showing file....

however, it freezes after that for some reason.. but i believe just making up here is very far indeed....

This is because i did additional work after everything instructed in this thread, grabbed from Weisun @ PDA Clan, ....

I'd definetely succeed much faster if i can joint efforts with Khuanchai, but he seems to be busy now... So keep on trying....

Guest tacchan23
VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE !

I am (believe) one of the very few english-speaker person, along with Khuanchai, working hard to succeed in cooking custom ROM .

I resumed this morning in my attemps, and i got very far !!! I modified the boot animated screen GIF file, packed into nb0, flashed sucessfully, and managed to get phone booting, and showing file....

however, it freezes after that for some reason.. but i believe just making up here is very far indeed....

This is because i did additional work after everything instructed in this thread, grabbed from Weisun @ PDA Clan, ....

I'd definetely succeed much faster if i can joint efforts with Khuanchai, but he seems to be busy now... So keep on trying....

Nice to hear that :)

When Khuanchai will have more free time, maybe you 2 guys can try to work at it togheter!

Guest rodrigofd
hello,

could somebody post the full instructions and apps to this thread please?

I don't have acces to king mobile website.

thanks.

GT

I'd post them here gertitombo, but i fear it violates forum rules or unpolite....

Guest tacchan23
I'd post them here gertitombo, but i fear it violates forum rules or unpolite....

I was about to upload it here too... but maybe is not good?

Anyway it's in chinese and google translate doesn't help much I think... so maybe better wait for a good translation?

Guest rodrigofd

Anyway it's in chinese and google translate doesn't help much I think... so maybe better wait for a good translation?

I translated the DOC instructions file, and i am about to start following mentioned steps...

I'll let you know in a while if it worked! :)

Guest tacchan23
I translated the DOC instructions file, and i am about to start following mentioned steps...

I'll let you know in a while if it worked! :)

Did you just use Google translate or you can read chinese? if you can come up with a good translation maybe you cold post it anyway:)

Hope to find good news when I wake up tomorrow morning :D

Edited by tacchan23

Guest gertitombo

The documentation and apps name is fine. hopw we can create a base wm65. i'm an experienst cooker.

we could create a cooker clan.

GT

Edited by gertitombo

Guest Pako777

In this tooling there is a utility necessary for me for work EXEcutor at assemblage nb0 for i8000. Therefore if all successfully develops, by a weekend there is a new version of the program with disassembling possibility in dump and assemblages nb0 from dump (only dump ..not packets)

Guest tacchan23
I am 99.9999999999 % there !!!! Cross fingers, .. we might just have first english custom , non-sorg rom !! :D

Wow, good work! going to sleep now, hope even better news tomorrow morning :)