PDAclan has cooking information!!

Guest powser

Guest rodrigofd
In this tooling there is a utility necessary for me for work EXEcutor at assemblage nb0 for i8000. Therefore if all successfully develops, by a weekend there is a new version of the program with disassembling possibility in dump and assemblages nb0 from dump (only dump ..not packets)

Pako, could you help me on this one... i am almost there in creating final nb0 file... however, i flash it and i get to splash screen , but cannot pass from there... i suspect its because i did not use G'RELOC... but i don't know how to apply it to my dump.. can you help me there ?

wow, it is a good news. finally Gigges has released a giude. and congratulations to Rodrigofd. if u guys need interpreter give me a hauler. just got back from a biz trip so im gonna be free in the next couple of days. again, thanks to all that made this possible.

Guest rodrigofd
wow, it is a good news. finally Gigges has released a giude. and congratulations to Rodrigofd. if u guys need interpreter give me a hauler. just got back from a biz trip so im gonna be free in the next couple of days. again, thanks to all that made this possible.

I'm sorry to tell that Gigges guide doesn't add up to what we already had up to now... Actually everything he details is exactly what has been discused in this thread...

Some of the exes he posted, might serve though...

Anyway, it seems that chinese pals are using different kind of base rom, and thats why they achieve to make a flashable, bootable rom... but we can't yet....

I am 99% is lang-pack related, but i can't make it all by myself.. i need help from someone with good skillss....

I'm sorry to tell that Gigges guide doesn't add up to what we already had up to now... Actually everything he details is exactly what has been discused in this thread...

Some of the exes he posted, might serve though...

Anyway, it seems that chinese pals are using different kind of base rom, and thats why they achieve to make a flashable, bootable rom... but we can't yet....

I am 99% is lang-pack related, but i can't make it all by myself.. i need help from someone with good skillss....

yes, i have noticed that they r using an all in one EXE updater, but they have to extract it first then only modified PDA part, as u can see in the doc. attached tool pack in case khuanchai will get his hands on it :)

i8000tools.rar

Edited by Lancez

Guest rodrigofd
did u get tool pack from the original thread? and yes, i have noticed that they r using an all in one EXE updater, but they have to extract it first then only modified PDA part, as u can see in the doc. attached tool pack in case khuanchai will get his hands on it :)

Yes, they finally work with nb0 like us, but i suspect it's not the same nb0 file... ours have langpacks in a specific section, theirs doesn't.....

Guest rodrigofd
yes, i have noticed that they r using an all in one EXE updater, but they have to extract it first then only modified PDA part, as u can see in the doc. attached tool pack in case khuanchai will get his hands on it :)

Ok Lancez... could you try your best and make the best possible translation of Gigges document? maybe there was some tiny detail i missed.... let me know..

Ok Lancez... could you try your best and make the best possible translation of Gigges document? maybe there was some tiny detail i missed.... let me know..

check ur PM

Yes, they finally work with nb0 like us, but i suspect it's not the same nb0 file... ours have langpacks in a specific section, theirs doesn't.....

Yes they are using nb0 file with only one language pack (0804). That's why when you dump it you can see "OEM_Lang_0804" subdirectory in OEM directory. You can have a look at it if you download rom from post #147. That's probably the best rom to start playing with. You would have to replace 0804 language pack with the one you want. The question is how to easily extract it from multilanguage nb0 (or mst) file like we have. You could do it manually but it is a lot of work and I am not sure if it would work.

Guest rodrigofd
Yes they are using nb0 file with only one language pack (0804). That's why when you dump it you can see "OEM_Lang_0804" subdirectory in OEM directory. You can have a look at it if you download rom from post #147. That's probably the best rom to start playing with. You would have to replace 0804 language pack with the one you want. The question is how to easily extract it from multilanguage nb0 (or mst) file like we have. You could do it manually but it is a lot of work and I am not sure if it would work.

OK , i've been working and flashing and flashing and flashing for like 24 hours in a row now :) this is my last flash.. it could actually just work :D ......

If not, im sure when Kuanchai gets some free time he can help me and we'll do it !

Guest Khuanchai
OK , i've been working and flashing and flashing and flashing for like 24 hours in a row now :) this is my last flash.. it could actually just work :D ......

If not, im sure when Kuanchai gets some free time he can help me and we'll do it !

I think first thing we have to repeat what they wrote without changes to make sure it works. After this confirmation then we will take another step.

Guest rodrigofd
I think first thing we have to repeat what they wrote without changes to make sure it works. After this confirmation then we will take another step.

I already did that khuanchai, with no luck .. do you really won't give me a way of chatting directly to you ? i've made some improvements

Guest rodrigofd

OK, i got to a weird point....

I made a dump from my own cubic.mli, (IJC Sorg rom) ... i dumped it, left it untouched, followed the exact Gigges instructions, using his tools, and made a flashable pda.nb0..

I flashed it successfully to my phone, the phone 'kindof' hangs, i reboot it, it then gets to the splash screen, animated and then non-animated, and it stops there.

The strange thing is, while in that screen, PC makes the typical 'usb device attached' (the phone is attached to pc) ... and i can even turn it off using power off key... so it's not REALLY hanged.....just it can't go past that screen...so i believe i am missing some little detail.....

i am trying to call khuanchai attention but with no response.. i understand if you arent' available tough, no mean to be rude..

ok, guys. i've translated Gigees guide and been chatting with Rodrigofd for a while. hope he will get it working. attached file is what i translated, not exactly the same as Gigges. but with some mod too...... :) , hopefully it'll make our i8000's golden age coming soon. thanks to all ppl who made this possible, and maybe a little thanks to me too :D

edit:

attachment is moved to new thread, in this way, more ppl will benefit from this guide, thank u for understanding .

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...ted-in-english/

Edited by Lancez

that is true, however, i will upload ii3 wm6.5 chinese ROM to mediafire in a bit. this is what they been working on over kingmobile. u guys can mix and match, or do whatever u want. let me know if there is anything that i can do.

Guest rodrigofd

Well, i've been chatting with khuanchai for some while, he told me he suceeded in following the exact steps detailed in this thread, but using II1 chinese rom... i managed the same with his help, and now we managed in cooking a chinese rom.. now the goal is to replace the language files from this rom, to english ones... and then we can start talking about cooking....

Khuanchai had to go now, and I'll be too ... but we are almost there ! lets hope everything goes well..

Guest Khuanchai
that is true, however, i will upload ii3 wm6.5 chinese ROM to mediafire in a bit. this is what they been working on over kingmobile. u guys can mix and match, or do whatever u want. let me know if there is anything that i can do.

Rapidshare please, if you can.

Good news for today. We (rodrigofd and I) are now using a customized cheinese omnia II. :)

Good news for today. We (rodrigofd and I) are now using a customized cheinese omnia II. :)

i don have account with rapidhare, dont know if i can upload it as a guest. at least we made progress, and fine by me as i'm an american chinese, lol

Edited by Lancez

Guest sys_error
i don have account with rapidhare, dont know if i can upload it as a guest. at least we made progress, and fine by me as i'm an american chinese, lol

@Lancez...

Please check your PM for important piece of info.

I managed to flash with custimized chinese rom I8000UZNII3 as well. First I got stuck on an error during packing in "osnbtool -c "%~1".os.nb 2 imgfs-new.bin". I was telling me about imgfs file size error. Thanks to the latest guide I realized that I had to increase the size of the pda.nb0.os.nb, after that following the guide and flashed OK. Now we have to do something with replacing chinese language pack with english.

Khuanchai, I noticed that there are some 0804 files in XIP as well. Will they have to be replaced as well? What's the best way to replace the language files? You can extract it manually from the multilanguage rom but what other changes may be required to be made. You've got plenty of experience from OMNIA so hopefully you could give me some suggestions. Thanks.

By the way, downloading the file from the link in post 147 is pretty easy. You just have to download this chinese software (sort of like torrent) and then download the file - and I don't know any chinese!

u can split the file into 3parts...

i knew that, and thanks to sys-error offering me to use his account, but still have issues, whenever i click upload, webpage just turn to blank, dont know what happened, i'll give it another shot, if still not working, i'll just upload it to mediafire. sorry about that guys.

edit: damn it, still cant do anything with rapidshare.......uploading to mediafire now

edit 2: the ROM im uploading is an official china unicom branded ROM, it is NOT custom ROM made by Gigges. it is for study purpose only. unless u know what to do with it.

Edited by Lancez

Guest sys_error
i knew that, and thanks to sys-error offering me to use his account, but still have issues, whenever i click upload, webpage just turn to blank, dont know what happened, i'll give it another shot, if still not working, i'll just up;oad it to mediafire. sorry about that guys.

edit: damn it, still cant do anything with rapidshare.......uploading to mediafire now

Worst case scenario, after you upload to mediafire, i download it then upload to rapidshare. :)

Guest tacchan23
i knew that, and thanks to sys-error offering me to use his account, but still have issues, whenever i click upload, webpage just turn to blank, dont know what happened, i'll give it another shot, if still not working, i'll just up;oad it to mediafire. sorry about that guys.

Maybe someone with decent internet (so not really me :D ) can mirror it after you upload :)

So the main problem now is that we have multilanguage while the "guide" only covers a single language rom? so it was better if our roms were english only too ahaha^^

Anyway nice to hear about the progress!!

Worst case scenario, after you upload to mediafire, i download it then upload to rapidshare. :)

that'll work, and thanks again for ur offer, hopefully i didnt mess ur account up. as it is my first time :D ur PM is deleted for security purpose.

Guest Khuanchai

I managed to flash with custimized chinese rom I8000UZNII3 as well. First I got stuck on an error during packing in "osnbtool -c "%~1".os.nb 2 imgfs-new.bin". I was telling me about imgfs file size error. Thanks to the latest guide I realized that I had to increase the size of the pda.nb0.os.nb, after that following the guide and flashed OK. Now we have to do something with replacing chinese language pack with english.

Khuanchai, I noticed that there are some 0804 files in XIP as well. Will they have to be replaced as well? What's the best way to replace the language files? You can extract it manually from the multilanguage rom but what other changes may be required to be made. You've got plenty of experience from OMNIA so hopefully you could give me some suggestions. Thanks.

By the way, downloading the file from the link in post 147 is pretty easy. You just have to download this chinese software (sort of like torrent) and then download the file - and I don't know any chinese!

Now we have at least 3 people able to confirm the success. Next step is to build a new english ROM. This is not easy though. Someone may want to help at this step.

Maybe someone with decent internet (so not really me :D ) can mirror it after you upload :)

So the main problem now is that we have multilanguage while the "guide" only covers a single language rom? so it was better if our roms were english only too ahaha^^

Anyway nice to hear about the progress!!

thats right, we could ask secany if hes got his hands on one of those babies...... :D