A2SD not working?

Guest lemmingzappa

the space taken on your phone is mainly used by dalvik cache, but also the application setting are stored there. move dalvik cache to the sd card and you will have more free space on the internal memory.

i still don't get why internal memory is this important, i don't actually care how much is free as long as there is some free space left...

edit: fwiw, my dalvik cache contains 65 files, summing up to 40mb. from that you can estimate how much space it is using. using these numbers, i have space for 130 more apps with my 80mb free internal memory. so i think i am good space-wise.

Edited by kendon

After installing CoPilot, my internal memory has now dropped to 146.

@mbba, once you are in the recovery menu and your phone is plugged in via usb, you can run those commands through an adb shell on your pc (there is a guide for setting up adb on the forum somewhere).

Hi Thanks for your responce, i did all the steps posted on the adb shell commands but fone mem still reduced wen i install apps :D and am having issues with the 2.9 internet browsing using 3g any ay body having issues with 2.9 we should have a 2.9 problem list thread at list it will give us a clear picture on the bugs we should look uot for.

Hi Thanks for your responce, i did all the steps posted on the adb shell commands but fone mem still reduced wen i install apps :P and am having issues with the 2.9 internet browsing using 3g any ay body having issues with 2.9 we should have a 2.9 problem list thread at list it will give us a clear picture on the bugs we should look uot for.

now i'm speechless... :D

Guest lemmingzappa

Well I completely wiped the phone, partitioned, then flashed....and my internal memory is still decreasing. I guess i'll have to keep my eye on it.

Possible compatibility problem with A2SD/RA-Recovery/MoDaCo 2.9 ?

After installing CoPilot, my internal memory has now dropped to 146.

@mbba, once you are in the recovery menu and your phone is plugged in via usb, you can run those commands through an adb shell on your pc (there is a guide for setting up adb on the forum somewhere).

HUraaaaaaaaaaa your a star dude followed your steps and alls good to go 155mb :D free and lovin it cool tips Thanks. :P now time to start downloading crazy.

• 5 months later...
Guest brosenz
you have two options, either continue to search for a solution or bite the apple and wipe, repartition your sdcard, and flash. then you have a "clean" install which works for sure.

I've been doing some research and found that the apps are being installed in the /system/sd/app folder, and after checking with df the size of the folder will grow as I install apps, I did some test with big apps like Google earth and maps. What I've noticed as well from the df command, is that the /data folder will grow, specifically the dalvik-cache folder within data (/data/dalvik-cache), meaning as I install more apps both directories will grow size, not in the same proportion, meaning the size in /system/sd/app of the files for Google Earth and Maps is much bigger than the size in /data/dalvik-cache, any idea why is this happening ?, or maybe I should not worry because dalvik-cache is just cache and will increase and decrease as needed ?, thanks a lot

I have a Nexus One using MoDaCo Alpha r21 with a 16GB SD card partitioned with 1G ext3 partition and the rest is FAT32