How to extend backlight keyboard??

Guest simpagirl

Guest simpagirl

I have tryied old registry key to extend keyboard backlight timeout but it is not working...

Has somebody find out some tweaks to solve this problem?

:D

Edited by simpagirl

Guest ErnstJanF

I used an older version of Advanced Configuration Tool (2.0?)

and it worked.

-- Edit --

Try searching the registry for 'backlight' or 'qwerty'

Edited by ErnstJanF

• 1 month later...
Guest kylian2
I used an older version of Advanced Configuration Tool (2.0?)

and it worked.

-- Edit --

pls can you post this older version of advanced configuration tool? With newer version (3.3) it doesnt work...

Edited by kylian2

Guest .:stn:.
-- Edit --

sure thing, but one detail.. such entry does not exist :>

ed: I wrote it wrong, I meant exist, but you have no option/value to change there /ed

@kylian2: here ya go

http://www.1800pocketpc.com/2008/01/28/sch...-tool-2020.html

not working, either

Edited by .:stn:.

Guest Ariekanarie
pls is there any way how to resolve this (for me very very annoying) problem ???

I still have this same problem... I Hope that someone can help us :)

Edited by Ariekanarie

I still have this same problem... I Hope that someone can help us :)

TAHNKS man! you helped us so muuuuuuuuuuch with your how useful post. Now we surely get to know how to do it.

Guest kylian2
TAHNKS man! you helped us so muuuuuuuuuuch with your how useful post. Now we surely get to know how to do it.

HELL, HOW THIS IRONY ??? We just miss one useful setting for our device and maybe we little provoke somebody (good programer or better skill user or hacker or...) to resolve this our problem. And your stupid irony really didnt help us.

But...maybe little yet... like another inspiration for somebody to help us... 

Edited by kylian2

HELL, HOW THIS IRONY ??? We just miss one useful setting for our device and maybe we little provoke somebody (good programer or better skill user or hacker or...) to resolve this our problem. And your stupid irony really didnt help us.

But...maybe little yet... like another inspiration for somebody to help us... 

at least I took several tries to investigate into that matter. Dug the registry, used several programs. Didn't post enything 'cos found nothing useful so far. What did the oh-help-me-please do? Wish you luck with some more crying. A mighty hacker will come and save you from your misery. doh..

Yes this is irony..  this one particular piece means do something yourselves! Instead of writing yet another post with "heeeeeeeeeeeelp me oh lord pls" 

EOT

Guest Ariekanarie
at least I took several tries to investigate into that matter. Dug the registry, used several programs. Didn't post enything 'cos found nothing useful so far. What did the oh-help-me-please do? Wish you luck with some more crying. A mighty hacker will come and save you from your misery. doh..

Yes this is irony.. this one particular piece means do something yourselves! Instead of writing yet another post with "heeeeeeeeeeeelp me oh lord pls"

EOT

OMFG, you are really sad. The only thing I wanted to say with my post was, that I still didn't find a solution for this problem... So people will not think that I've got an solution... If you think that I do not investigate when I have a problem, Then go Take a nap and your 2 last posts are far more useless than mine :)

Edited by Ariekanarie

to .:stn:

sorry, i´m little nervous after this year´s Christmas...   :)

It's ok with me.

definitely the registry entry that is  responsible for that does not apply here [as well as it does not apply for many other devices e.g. lots of HTC's]

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\BackLight:QKeyLedTimeout

so samsung had to put it somewhere else.. let's think where, what are your options?

registry? - with another name

dll file? 

other method? - if so what could that be

let's have some brainstorming

It's ok with me.

definitely the registry entry that is responsible for that does not apply here [as well as it does not apply for many other devices e.g. lots of HTC's]

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\BackLight:QKeyLedTimeout

so samsung had to put it somewhere else.. let's think where, what are your options?

registry? - with another name

dll file?

other method? - if so what could that be

let's have some brainstorming

I searched in the registry but found nothing but the above entry which don't work. It could be possible Samsung has hardcoded the BackLight timeout in the driver KBDHID.dll. I don't think this is the case but it is a possibility...

Edited by kibiwi

Hi!

My first post here.

OK, I get this RSS feed from PocketNow.com http://pocketnow.com/software-1/tiny-led-b...ion-for-the-hd2" target="_blank">Tiny LED Backlight Application for the HD2.

He/she who are good with coding or programs, can take hint how to change blacklight to Samsung OmniaPRO, too. I guess the registry editing is not enough, compared with this HD2 version.

Hope this give a hint. I do not have this Samsung OmniaPRO yet. We have waited this phone from April. Sure, not kidding. But I think I will get this phone at this week.

Edited by EmDzei

• 1 month later...
i just do something when backlight off

just touch the cam key whith brings back light dont hold just touch that hen backlight comes back

That works! as does pressing the work/life mode key which may be easier to reach with the slider open.

Vic

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...