Visual Kitchen by Vistang

Guest Ryrzy

Guest ProBlake

hello friends if someone could help me, my platform is a mistake but I can not find that the solution could be either

if someone could help me I would appreciate.

I leave my pictures with the error and see if anyone could help me.

forgiveness for my English

post-590570-1257915623_thumb.jpg

post-590570-1257915639_thumb.jpg

Guest micrographics

Hi

I'm Rakesh Gupta from India and planning to build my customized v. 6.5 rom based on build 23506 and Official India ROM DDIE1.

As advised by you, I'm resending this message thru post.

I extracted the files from DDIE1 and also from 23506 build but got stuck on several places :

1. I could not find any OEM folder, so, pls advise me where I can find these.

2. The dump of 23506 includes one .ROM folder and remaining folders but there is no SYS folder in it.

3. Where to find MSXIPKernel director

4. There is no EXT packs in existing 6.5 build and also dumped DDIE build.

Please help me so that I can successfully build my first rom. Pls. email me at rakesh [at] mg=india [dot] com

Regards

Rakesh

Hi Everyone,

Building roms is easy as pie with this tool, Thanks allot !!

Now for more advanced stuff I would like to do :

Hardcode settings like ringtone, power settings, motion sensor etc ...

Preconfigure mail clients etc ...

Anyone who can help me with this as it will make like 100% easier each flash?

Thanks in advance !

Wize

Guest Bruno Adler
If you read the first post ryrzy wrote a red and big phrase: Any questions ? Please write here... not on PM !

I think it's not too difficult to understand what it means...

Alright.

So there it goes:

1 - How do i insert apps on my rom( Like manila, office and others)

2- How can i change the mui

Excellent job Ryrzy

I build my RUU_signed.bin but i have a question with I900_EXEcutor:

On EXE -> Assemble -> pda.bin (I atach my RUU_signed.bin) only these file.

When i click on "GO" to generate an EXE file one Warning message advise to me that it is EXPERIMENTAL if i don't use eboot.nb0. Is it correct? or I need to do some steps more to generate more files?

Thx a lot for all.

post-556611-1258062129_thumb.png

Edited by kjs1

Excellent job Ryrzy

I build my RUU_signed.bin but i have a question with I900_EXEcutor:

On EXE -> Assemble -> pda.bin (I atach my RUU_signed.bin) only these file.

When i click on "GO" to generate an EXE file one Warning message advise to me that it is EXPERIMENTAL if i don't use eboot.nb0. Is it correct? or I need to do some steps more to generate more files?

Thx a lot for all.

Just extarct eboot.nb0 and customer.csc from a default ROM I think you're using DXID1 like base if it's like that just extract from the exe of the dxid1 customer and eboot and use both to build your ROM, all with i900EXEcutor!

Alright.

So there it goes:

1 - How do i insert apps on my rom( Like manila, office and others)

2- How can i change the mui

1 - You have to create OEM packages and put them in \OEM or EXT ones in \EXT, to do that use the tool i posted in the previous page and for EXT read the mini how-to in the same page.

2-To change MUIs you have to erease all MUIs in \OEM\OEMApps and put the ones from your lang, then you go in \ROM\XIP and open the boot.rgu search MUI and you find 2 values change them with your lang code.

Or if you want change the OEM with the one of your language default ROM and do the tip to the XIP.

For SYS you just have to go on Da_G's, TOM's or Monkeybape's repository and take your language MUIs, then delete from SYS the 0409 ones and put yours!

I hope you can understand my caotic english...

Guest Zpecter
1 - You have to create OEM packages and put them in \OEM or EXT ones in \EXT, to do that use the tool i posted in the previous page and for EXT read the mini how-to in the same page.

2-To change MUIs you have to erease all MUIs in \OEM\OEMApps and put the ones from your lang, then you go in \ROM\XIP and open the boot.rgu search MUI and you find 2 values change them with your lang code.

Or if you want change the OEM with the one of your language default ROM and do the tip to the XIP.

For SYS you just have to go on Da_G's, TOM's or Monkeybape's repository and take your language MUIs, then delete from SYS the 0409 ones and put yours!

I have downloaded the DXID1 OEM from post #7 and it doesn't have any boot.rgu file. Somebody could show us how should be the complete structure of the OEM directory, please??

Guest Bruno Adler

Dude, i cannot locate anything like you said in boot.rgu

There's no such thing.

Thanks bro

Edited by Bruno Adler

The boot.rgu is there C:\Visual_Kitchen\ROM\XIP\OEMXIPKERNEL

The two values to change are :

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\MUI]

"SysLang"=dword:415

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\MUI]

"CurLang"=dword:415

Put your lang code where there is 415! So easy...

Guest Bruno Adler
The boot.rgu is there C:\Visual_Kitchen\ROM\XIP\OEMXIPKERNEL

The two values to change are :

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\MUI]

"SysLang"=dword:415

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\MUI]

"CurLang"=dword:415

Put your lang code where there is 415! So easy...

Alright, i found it.

Change, ok.

Now here's the thing. i'm getting errors.

maybe because i'm using Woozer's XIP/Sys?

Edit:

Smaury! Thanks BRO!!! i made it!

The question now is: How i can remove oem programs to turn my build into a lite one? What about making Folders in Main Menu? like :Tools and other stuff i'd like to put. Alright, i tested my rom and it works like a charm :).

Already Translated M2D to portuguese-br now i'm doing with other programs like SRS WOW, SK Manager,etc

Thanks dude, sorry for asking that much

Edited by Bruno Adler

Alright, i found it.

Change, ok.

Now here's the thing. i'm getting errors.

maybe because i'm using Woozer's XIP/Sys?

Edit:

Smaury! Thanks BRO!!! i made it!

The question now is: How i can remove oem programs to turn my build into a lite one? What about making Folders in Main Menu? like :Tools and other stuff i'd like to put. Alright, i tested my rom and it works like a charm :) .

Already Translated M2D to portuguese-br now i'm doing with other programs like SRS WOW, SK Manager,etc

Thanks dude, sorry for asking that much

To clean your OEM you can use SYKAR that is an automated tool to delete programs from the OEM and the SYS, you can download it, clean an OEM and than use it alltime!

SYKAR is a tool from sztupy.

TO make folder you have to edit your initflashfile.dat,

F.E.

Directory("\Windows\Start Menu"):-Directory("Tool") [to create a normal directory]

or

Directory("\Windows\Start Menu"):-PermDir("Utility") [to create a permanent directory]

than you can put a link in it like that:

Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Tool"):-File("SK Manager.lnk", "\Windows\SK Manager.lnk")

Guest Bruno Adler
To clean your OEM you can use SYKAR that is an automated tool to delete programs from the OEM and the SYS, you can download it, clean an OEM and than use it alltime!

SYKAR is a tool from sztupy.

TO make folder you have to edit your initflashfile.dat,

F.E.

Directory("\Windows\Start Menu"):-Directory("Tool") [to create a normal directory]

or

Directory("\Windows\Start Menu"):-PermDir("Utility") [to create a permanent directory]

than you can put a link in it like that:

Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Tool"):-File("SK Manager.lnk", "\Windows\SK Manager.lnk")

Buddie, one last thing.

How i can find the files for new contatcs look mui? Cause since i only found Sector's 23001 0416 Mui files, it's missing a lot of files.

Guest MAMBO04

Nice kitchen! thanks :D But i need to ask some questions as well :)

Ok basically, how do you integrate M2D? and how do you edit things e.g if i want to change the default sms app opening and want jinbox to open instead when i recieve a text?

how do you integrate themes too?

oh and how can i integrate HTC's calculator + ezinput keyboard? and also i have found a new lock screen for the omnia but it is in QVGA... if i convert it into an OEM and insert it in, would it be ok?

thanks

Edited by MAMBO04

Guest micrographics
Hi

I'm Rakesh Gupta from India and planning to build my customized v. 6.5 rom based on build 23506 and Official India ROM DDIE1.

As advised by you, I'm resending this message thru post.

I extracted the files from DDIE1 and also from 23506 build but got stuck on several places :

1. I could not find any OEM folder, so, pls advise me where I can find these.

2. The dump of 23506 includes one .ROM folder and remaining folders but there is no SYS folder in it.

3. Where to find MSXIPKernel director

4. There is no EXT packs in existing 6.5 build and also dumped DDIE build.

Please help me so that I can successfully build my first rom. Pls. email me at rakesh [at] mg=india [dot] com

Regards

Rakesh

Hi Nick

I posted above query sometime back when you suggested me to post the message in forum instead of sending PMs but it is still not replied. May be because of your busy schedule.

Can anyone help me in this respect so that I can complete my first Customised ROM.

I finally made my own rom but I can't get Ext packages to work.

Can anyone see if I had do it right.

Example Nodata

In /nodata there is app.dat and 61997598-5e6e-483c-9e7e-54ad96669766.dsm

In /nodata/files there is AppToDate.ink, InTheHand.dll, NoData.exe, nodata.ico, NoData.ink, nodata.xml,option.xml

First I convert .cab file with package-creator-v2.7 and then convert the file again with TotalFire - Package Converter (convert OTV)

sorry for bad english and thanks in advance.

Guest Bruno Adler
I finally made my own rom but I can't get Ext packages to work.

Can anyone see if I had do it right.

Example Nodata

In /nodata there is app.dat and 61997598-5e6e-483c-9e7e-54ad96669766.dsm

In /nodata/files there is AppToDate.ink, InTheHand.dll, NoData.exe, nodata.ico, NoData.ink, nodata.xml,option.xml

First I convert .cab file with package-creator-v2.7 and then convert the file again with TotalFire - Package Converter (convert OTV)

sorry for bad english and thanks in advance.

I have the same issue.

I've made a lot of EXT packets, put em like that

application folder > app.dat ,app.reg , Files folder(images,etc)

I don't know what's going on.

Guest nikosxri

I have the same problem.

It seems that the packages are not incorporated to the rom.

Example of package:

post-457335-1258487459_thumb.png

Any tip on that?

The dsm file should be there?Either i delete it or not the package does not go into the rom because the roms size doesnot change.

Thanks in advance!!

You don't need dsm file and option.xml file!

Just app.reg and app.dat in \EXT\Applications\NAME OF PROGRAM\

and other files in \EXT\Applications\NAME OF PROGRAM\files

So simple...

Guest nikosxri
You don't need dsm file and option.xml file!

Just app.reg and app.dat in \EXT\Applications\NAME OF PROGRAM\

and other files in \EXT\Applications\NAME OF PROGRAM\files

So simple...

Thanks I will try.

So we need 2 groups for every program, one with the files and the other for dat and reg.

Edited by nikosxri

Guest MAMBO04

can anyone help me with my problems please? really need to sort them out :D

how do i integrate applications, meaning if i want calendar and clock and jinbox to open as the main apps instead of windows' stock apps?

also, does anyone know how to integrate Ezinput? i know ryrzy has done it so just need to know how if that is alright :)

and, how can i get rid of 'sharepix' shortcut in the main menu? it's been removed from the OEM but the shortcut still remains!

how does one remove the stylus screen at the start?

and something odd happens to my Omnia when my ROMs are flashed, when the screen goes blank to save power, it doesn't turn on again. I have to get the battery out and turn it on again, whats up with that?

BIG thanks for any help :D

Guest steff195

Yeah, Ryrzy, could you make a nice & simple tutorial about how to add our own applications in rom? Please?! I mean one for newbies. :) I've read some explanations around here about how to do that, but I'm all messed up... I cooked my rom successfuly but that's the only one thing that I don't understand.

Thanks!

Guest rendeiro2005

hi all :)

every time i try to use LZX Compression i got this error

post-422946-1258560220_thumb.jpg

is it just me?!

thks

and yes...i got visual C++ installed

Edited by rendeiro2005