stuck on 2g

Guest dunbad

Guest Neil5459

No problem here- weak HSDPA signal but still connects as 3g+ or H.

Have you looked in Settings/Personal/Phone then the Mode tab. This used to be where GSM/3G could be set, but on mine it's greyed out now.

Also, could it be local network outtage? Have you tried the SIM in another 3G phone?

• 3 weeks later...
No problem here- weak HSDPA signal but still connects as 3g+ or H.

Have you looked in Settings/Personal/Phone then the Mode tab. This used to be where GSM/3G could be set, but on mine it's greyed out now.

Also, could it be local network outtage? Have you tried the SIM in another 3G phone?

Neil ...I find if you go to Settings/Personal/Phone then the Mode tab, the options are only greyed out if u are already connected to the internet...if u disconnect from the internet and go back to Settings/Personal/Phone then the Mode tab, then all 3 options ..automatic ..hsdpa...gsm are available to choose. (i 'm on orange and just upgraded from winmo 6.1 to 6.5)

Hi,

just upgraded to 6.5 and have lost 3g/hsdpa, How do i get it back. I always have hsdpa at home but at the moment its not shifting from 2g? Anyone?

I find if you go to Settings/Personal/Phone then the Mode tab, the options are only greyed out if u are already connected to the internet...if u disconnect from the internet and go back to Settings/Personal/Phone then the Mode tab, then all 3 options ..automatic ..hsdpa...gsm are available to choose. (i 'm on orange and just upgraded from winmo 6.1 to 6.5)

• 3 weeks later...

hi,

I was wondering if anyone else could do this? It appears I can only switch to gsm/hsdpa/automatic as mentioned above straight after a soft reset? any other time my options are greyed out? The task manager shows everything closed down, and email setting is once a day. Regarding another issue I need to be able to switch connection methods without a soft reset? anyone any ideas what im missing or not doing?

Guest xdalover
hi,

I was wondering if anyone else could do this? It appears I can only switch to gsm/hsdpa/automatic as mentioned above straight after a soft reset? any other time my options are greyed out? The task manager shows everything closed down, and email setting is once a day. Regarding another issue I need to be able to switch connection methods without a soft reset? anyone any ideas what im missing or not doing?

Try this program to switch between connection methods. Tell us if it works (or not)

http://www.modaco.com/content/toshiba-tg01...battery-limits/

Good luck!

Try this program to switch between connection methods. Tell us if it works (or not)

http://www.modaco.com/content/toshiba-tg01...battery-limits/

Good luck!

thanks for that xda, i tried it but i thought initially it didnt work at all. Now i would say that it mainly doesnt work, although i did get it to work a couple of times? But maybe im doing something wrong.