How to choose standard applications for certain tasks?

Guest Aton

Hi folks,

how can someone choose a standard application for a certain task? For example I installed three different camera apps. Now android chooses the last app I installed as standard app for making pictures, but I want another app for this task.

Another example: I installed multiple music player apps. It's the same story. Android chooses the last installed app as standard music player and activates it as soon as I plug in my headphones.

I can't find any option in the settings to choose standard apps for certain tasks.

Of course I just could uninstall and install again the wanted app so it would be the last installed app, but thats not very convenient.

Please help!

Guest bounty123

Try in Settings, Applications, Manage Apps, choose the default app and click clear defaults, maybe after that the phone will ask what to do by default when you do the action.

It was not possible to change the settings. I could not clear the default settings of the specific app. But I managed to change the default camera app inside the settings of the app itself (app: Camera Magic).

I still have the problem with the music player. Didn't find a way to change it inside the app or in the application manager.