Multitouch possible in theory?

Guest lemmyc

Guest BigBearMDC

Okay, I'll try gcc 4.3 ( although I tried it with it before and it didn't work )

Thanks! Good luck with your exams!

@xangma

WOW, thanks :mellow:

Looking forward to download ~10 GB xD

(I hope you have a fast internet <_< )

If you live in the UK, you could theoretically send me just 2 DVDs or so, would be easier I think.

I would also pay the costs of delivery, of corse.

Greetings,

BigBear

Guest xangma
Okay, I'll try gcc 4.3 ( although I tried it with it before and it didn't work )

Thanks! Good luck with your exams!

@xangma

WOW, thanks :mellow:

Looking forward to download ~10 GB xD

(I hope you have a fast internet <_< )

If you live in the UK, you could theoretically send me just 2 DVDs or so, would be easier I think.

I would also pay the costs of delivery, of corse.

Greetings,

BigBear

Liking the idea of sending 2 dvds to be honest. And yes I do. We will see what it comes to =]

Guest BigBearMDC
Liking the idea of sending 2 dvds to be honest. And yes I do. We will see what it comes to =]

Cool <_<

Just let me know when and how.

I'll try to get it working in the meantime.

Greetings,

BigBear

Guest BigBearMDC

Update:

Okay, I now changed gcc, cpp and g++ to 4.3(.4).

I also installed all packages that are linked with gcc-4.3.

Let's hope this works now!

Greetings,

BigBear

Guest BigBearMDC

Update:

Nope, still not working <_<

@xangma:

I'm afraid I'll have to ask you to send me a backup of your system.... :mellow:

Greetings,

BigBear

@xangma I found something interesting ... it would be easier if you could just clone a list of your installed packages.

But the I'd need to know what sources etc. you have downloaded and the exact version of your Ubuntu distro.

Greetings,

BigBear

Attached is a list of packages and my sources.list . Hopefully it helps.

A caveat: This machine was used previously to build stuff successfully for android and chromiumOS. I'm pretty sure I left it configured for android, but I can't be 100% sure.

buildenv.zip

Guest BigBearMDC
Attached is a list of packages and my sources.list . Hopefully it helps.

A caveat: This machine was used previously to build stuff successfully for android and chromiumOS. I'm pretty sure I left it configured for android, but I can't be 100% sure.

Thanks!

Just reinstalled Ubuntu - I'm installing the packages right now :)

But I'm starting to get worried about the drivers ... e.g. I'm using a Intel GMA 950 graphics accelerator...

Greetings,

BigBear

Guest CHN-michael

there is a new rom on huaweidevice.com,named U8220-6 V100R001C17B253SP03.rar

include the Huawei Space,Huawei Method Input,just for the U8220 saled in motherland of China...

Guest _melchett
there is a new rom on huaweidevice.com,named U8220-6 V100R001C17B253SP03.rar

include the Huawei Space,Huawei Method Input,just for the U8220 saled in motherland of China...

Can you direct us to this. I have had a look at the usual location (http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/downloadCenter.do?method=list&flay=software&directoryId=20&treeId=0) and not only does it not have a new rom all the old U8220 roms have disappeared.

BTW this is a thread about Multitouch (great work BigBearMDC and xangma - i hope you guys are successful.) so it might be best to continue this in one of the other new rom threads eg http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...e-com-analysis/

Guest _melchett

I'm not sure how much use this will be for you, but if it does help it seems stupid not to mention it

http://androidandme.com/2010/03/news/is-mu...-the-nexus-one/

I've tried searching using my Pulse and the marketplace can't find it, there might be an apk somewhere out there?

EDIT: also anything in http://androidandme.com/2010/03/news/a-clo...-touch-sensors/ ?

Edited by _melchett

Guest BigBearMDC
I'm not sure how much use this will be for you, but if it does help it seems stupid not to mention it

http://androidandme.com/2010/03/news/is-mu...-the-nexus-one/

I've tried searching using my Pulse and the marketplace can't find it, there might be an apk somewhere out there?

EDIT: also anything in http://androidandme.com/2010/03/news/a-clo...-touch-sensors/ ?

Yeah thanks, Luke Hutchinson alredy told me that.

The 'x-axis snapping' effect is really noticable on the Pulse - you can try it.

Punch zoom will work fine - but we will have the same problems the nexus one has.

But we'll get the best out of it we can :)

Greetings,

BigBear

Edited by BigBearMDC

Guest BigBearMDC

Update:

Yay still not working, even with all of the packages installed :)

Could it be that I just can't compile something with the HW of my computer???

Greetings,

BigBear

Guest BigBearMDC
What's the error you're getting again?

Damn opera mini beta!

Sorry I'll post the reply again when I'm on my pc :)

Edited by BigBearMDC

Guest BigBearMDC
Damn opera mini beta!

Sorry I'll post the reply again when I'm on my pc :)

The problem is that I don't get any errors at all!

Neither logcat nor bugreport or dmesg show me what causes the crash.

But I have to say that I couldn't have a detailed look at the dmesg output because it seems to get deleted on every reboot and it's nearly impossible to start it that precise that its still running while the phone crashes.

@xangam: could you please send me now a backup of your system?

I think I'm not able to find a solution for my problem...

Greetings,

BigBear

The problem is that I don't get any errors at all!

Neither logcat nor bugreport or dmesg show me what causes the crash.

But I have to say that I couldn't have a detailed look at the dmesg output because it seems to get deleted on every reboot and it's nearly impossible to start it that precise that its still running while the phone crashes.

@xangam: could you please send me now a backup of your system?

I think I'm not able to find a solution for my problem...

Greetings,

BigBear

In the mean time can you post your hardware specs?

Also, I can't remember if we've checked this before, but you are using the 32bit version of ubuntu, aren't you?

Guest xangma

To be honest, i'm not sure re-creating it would do alot of good, as I've given you a list of my modules installed etc. Is there a way I can just back up my whole system how it is now?

Guest BigBearMDC
In the mean time can you post your hardware specs?

Also, I can't remember if we've checked this before, but you are using the 32bit version of ubuntu, aren't you?

Sure:

CPU: Intel Atom Dualcore 330 @1.6GHz with HT

RAM: 1GB

HDD: 80GB IDE

Chipset: Intel 945GC

Mainboard: INTEL D945GCLF2D

Greetings,

BigBear

Guest BigBearMDC
To be honest, i'm not sure re-creating it would do alot of good, as I've given you a list of my modules installed etc. Is there a way I can just back up my whole system how it is now?

Yap I think so.

I just remember Norton Ghost at the moment.

Greetings,

BigBear

Sure:

CPU: Intel Atom Dualcore 330 @1.6GHz with HT

RAM: 1GB

HDD: 80GB IDE

Chipset: Intel 945GC

Mainboard: INTEL D945GCLF2D

Greetings,

BigBear

You could try running the memtest option available in grub to see if your RAM is working correctly. It doesn't have a set finish time, but ideally you'd run it for a few hours..

Do you have access to any other hardware that you could try to set up an environment on (just temporarily)?

I am slightly suspicious about the presence of an atom CPU. I've googled for issues with compiling android on an atom; I didn't find anyone saying they had problems - I just wondered if android required certain instruction sets that atoms don't have support for.

Guest BigBearMDC
You could try running the memtest option available in grub to see if your RAM is working correctly. It doesn't have a set finish time, but ideally you'd run it for a few hours..

Do you have access to any other hardware that you could try to set up an environment on (just temporarily)?

I am slightly suspicious about the presence of an atom CPU. I've googled for issues with compiling android on an atom; I didn't find anyone saying they had problems - I just wondered if android required certain instruction sets that atoms don't have support for.

I'm pretty sure my RAM is ok. I had Windows 7 running on this machine before without problems. I'm sure i would have got at least one bluescreen in the months I used the PC.

I have theoratically 4 other machines on which I could try to compile android.

I'll test it on my second PC that runs Win7 atm, with a quad and 3 gig RAM. I already tried it in a virtual machine running on this pc, but I got strange errors and then decided to set up my second pc with ubuntu.

Greetings,

BigBear

I'm pretty sure my RAM is ok. I had Windows 7 running on this machine before without problems. I'm sure i would have got at least one bluescreen in the months I used the PC.

I have theoratically 4 other machines on which I could try to compile android.

I'll test it on my second PC that runs Win7 atm, with a quad and 3 gig RAM. I already tried it in a virtual machine running on this pc, but I got strange errors and then decided to set up my second pc with ubuntu.

Greetings,

BigBear

If you set up a virtual machine again on the win7 PC, try to give the vm at least 1.5GB of RAM. I've heard people have freezes below this amount in a virtual machine. Otherwise, definitely give it a go (native installation if you can..).