Multitouch possible in theory?

Guest lemmyc

Guest BigBearMDC
On Saturday, expect 2.2 and multi-touch? Or something I did not understand?

Sorry for my English, I from Belarus

On Saturday evening you can expect a working overclocked kernel with dualtouch support :lol:

[invisible]

[i maybe forgot to mention that it'll still need some other changes to get MT working; only flashing the kernel is not enough, but at least the kernel will support it and your Pulse will be ready for MT once I release a How2 (with the great help of Toti :) )]

[/invisible]

Best regards,

BB

On Saturday evening you can expect a working overclocked kernel with dualtouch support :lol:

[invisible]

[i maybe forgot to mention that it'll still need some other changes to get MT working; only flashing the kernel is not enough, but at least the kernel will support it and your Pulse will be ready for MT once I release a How2 (with the great help of Toti :) )]

[/invisible]

Best regards,

BB

nice one BB and Toti

Guest JimJam707

[invisible]

[/invisible]

Best regards,

BB

I C WUT U DID THAR.

No, really, well done bobo and toti :(

Guest craigb244

[invisible]

[/invisible]

Best regards,

BB

Sooo does that mean you have tested MT and it does actually work??

Guest BigBearMDC
Sooo does that mean you have tested MT and it does actually work??

Nope, but I believe in Toti. I tested the driver earlier, and the driver itself is working since a few months. I'll add the changes that Toti made to get MT working and it should work then :lol:

Guest HunteronX

Thanks guys, I hope everything works as planned! :lol:

A bit off-topic:

It's nice to see the interesting developments here, compared to what's happening with my phone (an X10...).

People are trying to hack it, even though it has a locked and completely different bootloader, but I'm not sure that we'll ever get the ease of use involved in flashing/modding a Pulse.

So if anyone here is fed up with their phones, don't be. In this case, freedom to do what you want, seems to be better than having the fastest phone, because it allows you to fully take advantage of a phone's hardware, even if the manufacturer doesn't want to, and achieve things like multitouch - hopefully... :)

Sorry about the speech...

Thanks again!

Edited by HunteronX

Guest sfuportuguese

word!

more off

for me, it was always boring to have expensive new smartphone, I always have one crapy phone (7650, mpx200, htc wizard... ) and search for community like this one (no fake GREAT ONE) to make it (lets say) more useFULL!

staff like eclair, froyo, a2sd, swap, (hope) mt, oc, (and my biggest hope) flash, makes (or will make) pulse more than useFULL smartphone. So boys keep good pace and work...

I'm from Montenegro (montewhat!?!) and sorry for that, because I do not have (normal for us down here) creditcard so I can not show u my gratitude gor job u done so far (only this cheap compliments)!

drago mi je i da vidim ekipu iz cijele exYU, pogotovo zbog doprinosa

ps: for the record I have hd2 and desire, but this posting u from PULSE! (and newer sold my mpx and wizard)

word!

more off

for me, it was always boring to have expensive new smartphone, I always have one crapy phone (7650, mpx200, htc wizard... ) and search for community like this one (no fake GREAT ONE) to make it (lets say) more useFULL!

staff like eclair, froyo, a2sd, swap, (hope) mt, oc, (and my biggest hope) flash, makes (or will make) pulse more than useFULL smartphone. So boys keep good pace and work...

I'm from Montenegro (montewhat!?!) and sorry for that, because I do not have (normal for us down here) creditcard so I can not show u my gratitude gor job u done so far (only this cheap compliments)!

drago mi je i da vidim ekipu iz cijele exYU, pogotovo zbog doprinosa

ps: for the record I have hd2 and desire, but this posting u from PULSE! (and newer sold my mpx and wizard)

About the FLASH thingy... Well we may not get flash10 but we already have the older version which is enough for using some flash enabled menus.

U can see it working in another topic. Can't post u the link cause I'm writing from the pulse.

Pozdrav!

Guest sfuportuguese

I maybe forgot to mention that it'll still need some other changes to get MT working; only flashing the kernel is not enough, but at least the kernel will support it and your Pulse will be ready for MT once I release a How2 (with the great help of Toti :) )

Best regards,

BB

so we just flash kernel, no matter is it FLB1 or FLB2?

Guest BigBearMDC

so we just flash kernel, no matter is it FLB1 or FLB2?

No, just flashing the kernel is not enough (as I mentioned in my invisible statement :lol:).

You'll at least have to push a file to your Pulse besides from flashing to kernel to get MT working.

Best regards,

BB

Guest DanWilson
No, just flashing the kernel is not enough (as I mentioned in my invisible statement :)).

You'll at least have to push a file to your Pulse besides from flashing to kernel to get MT working.

Best regards,

BB

Will this be ready for the kernel release tomorrow?

And I'm really dying with the waiting. It's like when the original 2.1 update came out (When you were the only person with it, bar Paul), except I probably won't get a link before the others :(

Even though when that happened, I was like the last person with Eclair.... :lol:

Oh yah. Please? :)

Guest BigBearMDC
Will this be ready for the kernel release tomorrow?

And I'm really dying with the waiting. It's like when the original 2.1 update came out (When you were the only person with it, bar Paul), except I probably won't get a link before the others :)

Even though when that happened, I was like the last person with Eclair.... :lol:

Oh yah. Please? :)

Shall I write you a PM before I publish my How2?

:(

Hell, somehow I can't wait either :(

*reboots PC and starts Ubuntu*

Guest DanWilson
Shall I write you a PM before I publish my How2?

:lol:

Hell, somehow I can wait either :(

*reboots PC and starts Ubuntu*

:)

I think you mean can't?

And (really /off), has your Ubuntu ever crapped out on you and just booted up to a command line, and never let you boot? That's why I'm back to Mac (Snow Leopard now!)