Multitouch possible in theory?

Guest lemmyc

Guest totiadrenalin
Yah, but you've seen the videos? The ones with the ROM on the Desire/Incredible and it boots in *clicks* that.

ETA and we need a new thread.

And I'm hungry. ETA for the EATs?

What about the MT touchscreen pathced drivers?

BB.

Please twitte me if you do it.

I just have to go now.

I'm going to teach kids to play guitar.

:lol:

So I really need that rom to see if the MT gonna work and inform all of you.

Guest totiadrenalin
What about the MT touchscreen pathced drivers?

BB.

Please twitte me if you do it.

I just have to go now.

I'm going to teach kids to play guitar.

:lol:

So I really need that rom to see if the MT gonna work and inform all of you.

My pulse is ready for it.

Guest BigBearMDC

Ooookayyy ... small steps ...

My old MT driver doesn't work =/

The new driver is a little bit different from the old one.

I'll maybe have to patch a few things.

Best reards,

BB

Guest DanWilson
Ooookayyy ... small steps ...

My old MT driver doesn't work =/

The new driver is a little bit different from the old one.

I'll maybe have to patch a few things.

Best reards,

BB

Does single touch work though?

I mean, Overclock would be nice before I go at about 6:30PM (7:30PM for you I think), just to laugh at my cousin, who has stock, T-Mobile 1.5. Possibly Pre-December update. :lol:

Guest BigBearMDC

I really, really was hoping that flashing the touchscreen controller's firmware won't be necessary, but it looks like it is =/

MT not working, even with the new kernel. So I need to flash the touchscreen controller...

Anway, here's the kernel image made for FLB MOD 1 1.6b: zImage.zip

[I can't upload the boot image. For some reason it refuses to boot]

Sorry, guys. Really :lol:

This might take some more time, I hope to fix this tomorrow.

Guest DanWilson
I really, really was hoping that flashing the touchscreen controller's firmware won't be necessary, but it looks like it is =/

MT not working, even with the new kernel. So I need to flash the touchscreen controller...

Anway, here's the kernel image made for FLB MOD 1 1.6b: zImage.zip

[I can't upload the boot image. For some reason it refuses to boot]

Sorry, guys. Really :lol:

This might take some more time, I hope to fix this tomorrow.

Ah well. I take it that it won't work with Froyo?

Not that I can do anything with it...

But I thought we all knew that a controller flash was necessary, we just didn't know how to do it without a smart card thing.

Guest BigBearMDC
Ah well. I take it that it won't work with Froyo?

Not that I can do anything with it...

But I thought we all knew that a controller flash was necessary, we just didn't know how to do it without a smart card thing.

Well actually I wasn't even sure if it was necessary to flsh the firmware. Toti mentioned that bug that existed after he flashed the firmware; but this bug already existed in Eclair. He got it working by pushing a file to the device, android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.xml, which he mentioned is integrated in FroYo. So I'll now try it with FroYo and let you know what happened :lol:

Guest DanWilson
Well actually I wasn't even sure if it was necessary to flsh the firmware. Toti mentioned that bug that existed after he flashed the firmware; but this bug already existed in Eclair. He got it working by pushing a file to the device, android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.xml, which he mentioned is integrated in FroYo. So I'll now try it with FroYo and let you know what happened :lol:

Good luck bro! Hoping this works cos I want at least OverClock for my Pulse before I go. Just to speed away from my cousin!

VROOOOM!

The android permissions stuff is just so applications know the devices capabilities. If multi-touch is working you should be able to get kernel debug messages showing its working without any support in android itself. Once you get kernel messages showing it works, then look at support in the application layer.

Guest BigBearMDC
The android permissions stuff is just so applications know the devices capabilities. If multi-touch is working you should be able to get kernel debug messages showing its working without any support in android itself. Once you get kernel messages showing it works, then look at support in the application layer.

That's what I thought too. One of the first things I implemented was a debug output directly from the driver. It clearly shows that MT is not working. I just was hoping that there is the really small chance that this could change anything - but it didn't. So we need to find a way to flash the firmwre.

Guest BigBearMDC

Anyway, overclocking works, and the MT driver also. Once we know how to flash the controller everything will be fine :lol:

I'll push the changes I made to Flibs repo.

Best regards,

BB

Guest DanWilson
Anyway, overclocking works, and the MT driver also. Once we know how to flash the controller everything will be fine :lol:

I'll push the changes I made to Flibs repo.

Best regards,

BB

On Froyo?

Guide for us people not using FLB-Mod / don't want to wait for FLB 2.01?

Guest BigBearMDC
On Froyo?

Nope it works with Eclair and FroYo. I'll upload the source so that Flibble can add this to FLB MOD :lol:

Guest DanWilson

Nope it works with Eclair and FroYo. I'll upload the source so that Flibble can add this to FLB MOD B)

I like my current Froyo, I see no need to side-grade to FLB-Mod since it's the same thing.

And I want to try make my own ROM soon. (Notice - SOON :lol: )

Guest Epic-Emodude
Oh, just to make it clear, the Pulse is overclocked now. I think this got lost between the lines :lol:

Is it stable tho? And will it kill the processor like the last one I overclocked? (Pc wont even boot =( )

Guest BigBearMDC
Is it stable tho? And will it kill the processor like the last one I overclocked? (Pc wont even boot =( )

It boots, but its not faster. We'll have to find the right clock to get the most performance out of it.

Guest BigBearMDC
Oh, no pressure then :lol:

I already patched the kernel, so just run:

git clone [email protected]:flibblesan/Pulse-2.6.29.git
make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-eabi- -j4
mkbootimg --cmdline "blah" --kernel zImage --ramdisk ramdisk.img -o boot.img[/code]

Hey, I already did the whole work for you B)

I already patched the kernel, so just run:

git clone [email protected]:flibblesan/Pulse-2.6.29.git
make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-eabi- -j4
mkbootimg --cmdline "blah" --kernel zImage --ramdisk ramdisk.img -o boot.img[/code]

Hey, I already did the whole work for you :lol:

Ok. So what has been done? Toti mentioned about lowering the voltage which I think is a good idea. Also on other devices the overclocking needs SetCPU to enable it. Same here?

Do we lose the stock 528MHz speed with this new kernel?

Guest BigBearMDC
Ok. So what has been done? Toti mentioned about lowering the voltage which I think is a good idea. Also on other devices the overclocking needs SetCPU to enable it. Same here?

Do we lose the stock 528MHz speed with this new kernel?

Yap undervolting is my next target :lol:

SetCPU isn't needed, 780MHz are enabled by default.

You can set the max_freq via

echo "freq_in_kHz" >/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_max_freq

Same for cpuinfo_min_freq and sclaing_governor (performance).

The stock speed doesn't get lost, but its not enabled by default.

You can still change the clock through init.d or a self-written script.

Yap undervolting is my next target :lol:

SetCPU isn't needed, 780MHz are enabled by default.

You can set the max_freq via

echo "freq_in_kHz" >/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_max_freq

Same for cpuinfo_min_freq and sclaing_governor (performance).

The stock speed doesn't get lost, but its not enabled by default.

You can still change the clock through init.d or a self-written script.

OK. But for safety the clock should default to 528MHz and allow people to use custom scripts or SetCPU to overclock. This is much safer, trust me. Not every phone is going to handle running at 780MHz 24/7

We should also add BFS or enable it in the kernel.

Might also look at replacing the ondemand governor with minmax:

Technical Details

minmax governor - I have been investigating the behaviour of different governors (ondemand, conservative, interactive) very heavily during the last couple of weeks. It seems that they tend to jump frequencies a lot. This is why ninpo now releases his kernel with a very small frequency table (and requires him to provide different versions for each speed you want).

My idea was very simple, the 'minmax' governor will only jump between the min frequency and max frequency! It will select which frequency according to the current cpu load. This is great because you can set the min and max frequency easily with SetCPU.

This seems to also improve responsiveness and not to hinder the battery life. It is true that your phone will now spend most of its "working" time at the max frequency but this is great it gives you performance and from what I tested does not drain the battery too much. The heavy battery drainers are things like wifi, etc. and when the phone goes to sleep, its sleeping anyway.

Commits: here and here.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest BigBearMDC
OK. But for safety the clock should default to 528MHz and allow people to use custom scripts or SetCPU to overclock. This is much safer, trust me. Not every phone is going to handle running at 780MHz 24/7

We should also add BFS or enable it in the kernel.

Yeah sure. I plan to add a flag to the kernel config. Then you might even disable overclocking in the kernel. Setting the clock via a script at startup shouldn't be a problem at all. Just for the record, my DEV Pulse is running @780 for a few hours now and everything seems to be fine. I'd like to install Linpack and test the score with FroYo but it hasn't got a filemanager :lol:

What is BFS?

Edit: Okay, so lets add the minmax governor too B)