Multitouch possible in theory?

Guest lemmyc

Guest thesinger
HEHE!!

I'm not a pro programer two.

This is my hobby, Like several others.

I'm graduated Guitarist. - a Musician.

Sorry that I disappoint you, but I just want to tell the truth.

Best regards

TOTI

hmm yeah right this with the phone is my hobby to,i'm a student in a high school in Delcevo,Macedonia and i want to be a musician.I sing and have recorded 2 song's i play the piano (best) and the guitar (not so good as the piano).This is a little bit of topic sorry for that.

Best regards Ivan

Edited by thesinger

This thread reads like a short novell! 'My Pulse is rising' :lol: Ups and downs, actors appear and disappear. The thrill of YES and NOOOO ... great stuff. Where's my popcorn?

HP

Guest BigBearMDC

I'm at school now, so don't expect any new kernels the coming day(s).

All I can tell for now is that it isn't necessary to modify the KeyInputQueue. We're using 2.1 or 2.2, and those Android versions usually have MT enabled by default in their frameworks. Also, the MT visualizer app doesn't depend on the framework to be edited, even if you're using Android 1.5. Furthermore I found out that many MT supporting application also support the hidden coordinates in the width field of the touch event.

So editing the KeyInputQueue might give us full MT support in every MT supporting application, but it will probably have no effect in 2.1 or 2.2. Also, swapping the coordinates of the fingers is not that easy. And one thing I can't do is that the driver always chooses the coordinates of the finger you put on the scree first. The touchscreen controller always chooses the coordinates from the finger with the higher x or y value, so I have no influence on that.

What I can try (and what I'm active trying) is to get the MT Visualizer app to work correctly. The problem is that somehow, and I really don't know why, the coordinates in the MTVisualizer app are jumping weirdly, although the seem to be ok in the debug output of my driver.

Best regards,

BB

Guest totiadrenalin
I'm at school now, so don't expect any new kernels the coming day(s).

All I can tell for now is that it isn't necessary to modify the KeyInputQueue. We're using 2.1 or 2.2, and those Android versions usually have MT enabled by default in their frameworks. Also, the MT visualizer app doesn't depend on the framework to be edited, even if you're using Android 1.5. Furthermore I found out that many MT supporting application also support the hidden coordinates in the width field of the touch event.

So editing the KeyInputQueue might give us full MT support in every MT supporting application, but it will probably have no effect in 2.1 or 2.2. Also, swapping the coordinat

es of the fingers is not that easy. And one thing I can't do is that the driver always chooses the coordinates of the finger you put on the scree first. The touchscreen controller always chooses the coordinates from the finger with the higher x or y value, so I have no influence on that.

What I can try (and what I'm active trying) is to get the MT Visualizer app to work correctly. The problem is that somehow, and I really don't know why, the coordinates in the MTVisualizer app are jumping weirdly, although the seem to be ok in the debug output of my driver.

Best regards,

BB

Well, I think that the best ide is to consider that MT doesn't work for now, and wayt untill it get fully functional.

We all need some rest some times.

Best regards

TOTI

Guest totiadrenalin
Well, I think that the best ide is to consider that MT doesn't work for now, and wayt untill it get fully functional.

We all need some rest some times.

Best regards

TOTI

Any news about the MT?

BB!

Did you find some time for it?

Guest thisweb

Bobo, rumor has it that you got yourself one of those...er......cough... San Fransiscsos. Please can you put us out of our missery and let us put this MT topic to rest. I think you wern't able to do it anyway because of hardware limitations right? Good luck with the other phone. Thanks for everything, we've squeezed a lot out of our pulse thanks to you! :)

Guest DanWilson
Bobo, rumor has it that you got yourself one of those...er......cough... San Fransiscsos. Please can you put us out of our missery and let us put this MT topic to rest. I think you wern't able to do it anyway because of hardware limitations right? Good luck with the other phone. Thanks for everything, we've squeezed a lot out of our pulse thanks to you! ;)

He still has 3 Pulses though. And he loves us.

Unlike Flibblesan.... :)

He still has 3 Pulses though. And he loves us.

Unlike Flibblesan.... :)

In a way I understand his choice to ditch the Pulse when having an SF, I know I would too! ;)

Guest DanWilson
In a way I understand his choice to ditch the Pulse when having an SF, I know I would too! ;)

But still. Leaves 2 devs. And both are getting SF's. So what happens to us?

WHAT I ASK YOU! WHAT??! :)

Guest JimJam707
But still. Leaves 2 devs. And both are getting SF's. So what happens to us?

WHAT I ASK YOU! WHAT??! :)

If this forum dies.

I will be upset.

Really.

I remember when I joined.

Why?

In a scale of awesome the Pulse reaches this far:

l------------------------------l

While the SF reaches this far:

l-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------l

That's why! :)

Guest JimJam707

l-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------l

And JimJam707 Reaches this far.

l--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------l

Fixed

l--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------l

Fixed

And now a days Flibble only reaches this far:

l---l

(flibble: it's a joke, your work on the pulse is awesome)

Guest DanWilson

That's why!

Fixed

l---l

And Dan reaches this far:

l-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------l

Fixed

Guest JimJam707

l-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------l

That's why!

Fixed

l----l

And Dan reaches this far:

l-l

Fixed

Guest flip360

well i dont think the sanfran reaches that far and i pity the boys who think that its an "Awesome" handset. There are MUCH more faster and beastier handsets out there (G2, Mytouch, Moto, HTC, GalaxyS) which WILL reach far, far. As for the entry prodigy for the android OS, that was the PULSE, came out about a year ago from sanfran with very simmilar spec. That said its not a difficult task to slap some hardware together after a year, that you see as a "Pulse killer" today. WHICH IS NOT. AT ALL. REALLY. Even more little with CM6 on the Pulse.

Do i sound like a like my pulse? I do. :)

Edited by flip360

Guest TaiwanCHT8k

I'm afraid Dan needs a doctor to chop his awesomeness down a little ... :)

<!-on topic mode->

When I saw a guy on this forum said that "pulse is not a value phone considering its poor performance,"

I could not agree with him because I was so satisfied with pulse being my first android device

(last embedded system I used was WinCE5.0, and it was a disaster)

until I compared the Linpack score of pulse with other devices recently...

Edited by TaiwanCHT8k

Guest totiadrenalin

Well it's not true that there's hardware limitation for the multitouch capability.

But the hardware's firmware.

So once I tough that I fix taht part, but it cames up that I was totally wrong.

Sorry.

So I give my best to extract the synaptics_touchscreen_controler's firmware from HTC HERO, but with no progress at all.

Sorry guys.

I gave up trying for now.

The HTC HERO wasn't my phone.

It belongs to a friend of my girlfriends brother.

So I couldn't keep it more then one day or two.

Second I try onemore time.

Also no progress.

And I gave up.

If somebody manage to extract the firmware we need it'll be very nice.

I can guide him how to try and what applyence to use.

The external hardware is called "GSM Universal Box" (smart card).

Pretty expensive tool.

I bought it for 200 euro on second hand almost two years ago.

But you need to find a wey how to connect the phone to the pc via the UniBox.

That's the almost impossible mission.

For pulse it took me 2 weeks.

But every day reading forums, trying this or other way.

Well put the phone into bootloader mod.

And seek for flash drivers for HERO.

I couldn't find them.

But you can compile them, if you know how?!?!

To connect it to a pc via usb?

Use some application.

For example p2k tools.

I know that this application is for Motorola.

But that was the working application for me.

Good luck for those who wish to give it a try.

That was everything from me about this thread.

EDIT:

I found the flash drivers for pulse on http://gsmhosting.com

And I was working on Win7 OS.

I don't know if it's possible on Linux?!?

Best regards

TOTI

Edited by totiadrenalin