Street view

Guest firstandlast

Guest firstandlast

I saw mentioned in one review or other that street view was not available in Google Maps.

However according to the HD2 manual I downloaded it is.

Can someone check this out?

Maybe choose a location in London as I'm sure you are all aware streetview is not available countrywide.

The instructions manual says the following:

Using Street View

Street View lets you view interactive street-level images of locations in Google Maps.

Notes

• Street View is only available in certain regions.

• The images shown in Street View are not in real-time.

To view a location in Street View

1. On the Google Maps screen, press and hold the location you want to view in Street View.

2. In the menu that appears, tap Street view. Street view opens and shows the current location. If Street View is not available for the selected location, “No street view here” will appear in the menu.

You can also access Street View when searching for a place of interest. For more information, see “Searching a place of interest” in this chapter.

Many thanks

Paul.

Edited by firstandlast

Guest jonboyuk
It is.

Could you be any more unhelpful? Anyway...

It took me a while to figure it out too Paul and there's no need to install any other version that the one pre-installed.

Try this

Menu|Search|Type "London" for example and press "ok"

It will find London and all you have to do is press the button at the bottom that says "See results". In there is Get Directions, Street View, Save as Favourite, Send as Text Message and Search Nearby. Obviously, click 'Street View'. Just did it on my phone and it works fine :)

Good luck.

Guest TreColl
Could you be any more unhelpful? Anyway...

It took me a while to figure it out too Paul and there's no need to install any other version that the one pre-installed.

Try this

Menu|Search|Type "London" for example and press "ok"

It will find London and all you have to do is press the button at the bottom that says "See results". In there is Get Directions, Street View, Save as Favourite, Send as Text Message and Search Nearby. Obviously, click 'Street View'. Just did it on my phone and it works fine :)

Good luck.

He already knew how to bring it up as he's read the manual. The question was is it there, as one of the review didn't show it. I clearly answered his question. Whats the problem there?