26/Jan 2.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Sprint CDMA Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest tbaybucs

ok can this rom be made to use and external buttons to quite notice tones or ring tones ?? without unlocking it. it is almost so annoying im going to flash back ? paul ? please

Edited by tbaybucs

Guest david279
ok can this rom be made to use and external buttons to quite notice tones or ring tones ?? without unlocking it. it is almost so annoying im going to flash back ? paul ? please

Huh??????

Guest dieseljoe330

I don't think so. I have not had any rom do that. That would be great. I hate having to pull my phone out of my pocket. Then unlock it, and slide down the notification bar to make it be quiet. What rom were you using that it worked? It works for ringtones with the volume buttons.

Guest tbaybucs
I don't think so. I have not had any rom do that. That would be great. I hate having to pull my phone out of my pocket. Then unlock it, and slide down the notification bar to make it be quiet. What rom were you using that it worked? It works for ringtones with the volume buttons.

my stock cupcake did it lol, yes i know about the valume for ringtone thank you

Guest dbsmodaco

Okay - What have I done wrong?

Setcpu 1.46 - error - "No root access detected. Are applications allowed to access root? Operating in read-only mode".

I just rooted my Sprint HTC Hero following theunlockr procedure: http://theunlockr.com/2009/11/18/how-to-ro...o-in-one-click/.

1. FlashRec.apk (Updated 01/10/2010)

2. Amon Ra’s Sprint Hero Recovery Image (Updated 01.10.10)

3. Did the nandroid backup.

Then I downloaded 'Enhanced' add on pack

and installed it.

Should I also have installed 'Core' download

Thanks

Guest woofers1803

Gotta install the core first. The enhanced is an add on. Install it after you do the core in the same manner from recovery. I used the same root method and had no issues. Always make sure you do the core installs first or it's not gonna work! Good luck!

Guest Bradart

I used the kitchen and flashed the rom, an my phone has been booting for like 15 mins now. I got through the hero animation with the sounds and everything, but now i just have that...sparkling HTC staring at me. I do have quite a few apps in my apps2sd partition, so i'm just going to keep waiting. I hope this works out.

Guest Jason Voegele
I installed the custom rom last night without a hitch. I just got a new memory card so I partitioned it and installed the custom rom made from the kitchen. I chose Maps, Voice Search, Sense, Footprints, Notes, Teeter, NFL, Navigator, All third party except Wifi Status Indicator, Business Card Reader, and Dropbear. I went into recovery and wiped everything then installed the rom. Things installed and are running fine except the phone is shutting itself off randomly. I am not sure what's going on because this is the first time this has happened since installing any roms. I previously had Gumbo 1.5 installed. Should I try reflashing?

Edit: The phone DOES stay on when connected to power (ac adapter or usb).

I am experiencing this problem as well. My phone shuts down at seemingly random times. Or perhaps it just locks up? Anyway, the screen is blank and the phone does not respond in any way to button presses and I have to remove my battery and restart.

Is this a known issue? Any suggestions for a fix? (I am using a custom build from the online kitchen.)

Thanks.

Guest Brandon Pedersen

Is there a de-odexed version of this rom? I am trying to port any version of hero to another device (samsung moment) and can't seem to find one that is de-odexed. If not, can someone recommend a version of hero that is completely de-odexed?

Guest pb4life754

i flashed this about 5 min ago and it coming up force close it wont let me get on the web at all or make a call here is some screenshots for the force close on the sense on the browser i have had two other roms and the problems im having now are not just little bugs

post-660961-1266676048_thumb.png

post-660961-1266676062_thumb.png

post-660961-1266676076_thumb.png

Guest slackwaresupport
$16 isn't for the ROM, it's for ad free, a perk of which happens to be kitchen access. Also, you can get the ROM without ad free, just not customised via the kitchen.

P

all my browsing is ad free.

Guest Hager66

I've been using this Rom since it came out and I have to say it's extremely fast and stable. I donated the $16 for the ad free membership to support Paul and all his endeavors and hard work. A month into this Rom and I am still impressed with the build and being able to use the online kitchen makes MoDaCo the got Rom with the upcoming 2.1 release. I am using SetCpu in conjunction with the Rom and have yet to experience any slowdowns. Thanks Paul for helping make the Hero the phone it should have been from day one! :(

Guest Neecee Babe

Hi....

I think there is a bug in the cooking ROM.. because befor I was using the core 2.2 and now I did the cooking Rom and left out stocks, notes, peep,nfl,nascar,navigator.

And my voice such doesn't work anymore, it just keeps force closing. And I tried wiping etc and it still doesn't work. I think its something to do with the Cooking :(.

Guest jmanley
no it's not.

and why would one from singapore want CDMA hero rom? :( :(

Especially somebody who owns a Samsung Omnia II (i8000) and not an HTC Hero of any kind.

I think we have a spy!!!

Guest Neecee Babe

Someone Help PLease?!?! Also where is the step by step guideline you guys go by to root a virgin hero? The link?

Hi....

I think there is a bug in the cooking ROM.. because befor I was using the core 2.2 and now I did the cooking Rom and left out stocks, notes, peep,nfl,nascar,navigator.

And my voice such doesn't work anymore, it just keeps force closing. And I tried wiping etc and it still doesn't work. I think its something to do with the Cooking .

Guest beerock

This rom is working great on my sprint hero THANKS!..... the only problem I have has is I recently purchased 8GB sandisk sd card for more space inserted in the phone then unmounted it, formatted and seems the format has bricked the sd card, error shows wrong format and can not recognize even on the computer. Any Ideas anyone? appreciate the help!

• 2 weeks later...