Don't try this at home (HTC HD2 Scratch Test)

Guest philly-d

Guest philly-d
thumb_10-Nov-2009_HD2-screen-no-scratches.JPG
Ok, normally when you receive a new device, one of the first things you do is put on a screen protector and/or a case to make sure it doesn't get scratched.

Well, not these guys! On receiving an HTC HD2, they've proceeded to take keys, a scalpel, and a pair of scissors to it to find out if the lovely capacitive screen is actually scratch proof :)

This one's not for the faint hearted...

See

&hl=en&fs=1&">
&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

[Via MobileTechWorld ]

Guest tsutton
I think it says more about how smeary the HD2 screen can get than how hard glass is... it looked dreadful all those smears!

All touchphones will always have smery screen! Even your computer monitor too.

It's down to how often you wash your hands/how greasy your hands are.

Guest awarner (MVP)

What would be funny is if that was a review model on loan :)

As a scratch review its pretty poor, they should have cleaned the screen properly, with the screen so dirty most of the scratches were probably hidden. Only a clean screen can show the real damage caused.

Guest GodsGift
go get a chainsaw

sector ... dude

not sure a chainsaw would be a "scratch" test ... lol ... would love to see it though.

you still getting one ....

looking forward to a sector HD2 rom

GG

Guest Swampie
All touchphones will always have smery screen! Even your computer monitor too.

It's down to how often you wash your hands/how greasy your hands are.

My Vario 3 (which I usually use my fingers on) and the iPhone 3G we dev on at work don't have the kind of smears that video showed. iPhone is worse than the Vario 3, but a quick wipe and it's better. It seemed in the video that no matter how many wipes he did, it just wouldn't shift. Maybe he wiped it in vaseline first?

Guest Sonicr360

If the scissors were opened and using the sharper blade, its unlikely to get away with it.

Likewise, the little stanley knife needed to be at least sharp-blade down and rip it to threads.

Maybe they can do another demonstration with a drill? :)

:) Has he no respect for such a beautiful item? Perhaps he could give to me lol :D

All phones do get smears though, even plastic resistive ones. You must have really dry hands and/or perfectly clean pockets if you don't get smears on any phone.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.