What is the HTC-like interface?

Guest DeepBlueEditor

Guest DeepBlueEditor

I have reverted back to the latest Samsung 6.1 version CC03 for stability sake (the latest was shutting itself off and locking up more than I could deal with) but am wondering, if I were to look for and install the same interface as the BW ROMs, what am I looking for? I have never kept up with the individual applications as I was just using the ROMs. Now that I have gone back to the Smmmy ROM, I would like to see if I can put this interface on it.

I love the BW ROMs but with the apps I like to run, it was just not working out. It may be perfectly stable for others but with the combo of apps I like, it was locking up at least once per day. Hard to show your buddies how cool your phone is compared to their iPhone if it locks up. Anyway, I hope the research continues and I will keep checking the threads here to see when WinMo settles to a specific final version so we can look for total stability. I love my phone and the fact that we have so much creative control over these devices.

Keep up the good work everyone. I'll be peeking in.

S

Guest blazingwolf
I have reverted back to the latest Samsung 6.1 version CC03 for stability sake (the latest was shutting itself off and locking up more than I could deal with) but am wondering, if I were to look for and install the same interface as the BW ROMs, what am I looking for? I have never kept up with the individual applications as I was just using the ROMs. Now that I have gone back to the Smmmy ROM, I would like to see if I can put this interface on it.

I love the BW ROMs but with the apps I like to run, it was just not working out. It may be perfectly stable for others but with the combo of apps I like, it was locking up at least once per day. Hard to show your buddies how cool your phone is compared to their iPhone if it locks up. Anyway, I hope the research continues and I will keep checking the threads here to see when WinMo settles to a specific final version so we can look for total stability. I love my phone and the fact that we have so much creative control over these devices.

Keep up the good work everyone. I'll be peeking in.

S

Which UI do you mean? MS3? That can be added to 6.1 also. If you mean Neo Titanium then no that can not be added to 6.1. Which ROMs were you having issues with? The newer 6.5.1 ROMs or the older GUI with the start menu at the top?

Guest DeepBlueEditor
Which UI do you mean? MS3? That can be added to 6.1 also. If you mean Neo Titanium then no that can not be added to 6.1. Which ROMs were you having issues with? The newer 6.5.1 ROMs or the older GUI with the start menu at the top?

I was having troubles with the latest "black" ROM. I have some programs I wouldn't like to live without and things like a full sized keyboard. We discussed some of that on the WM7 thread. I need a real keyboard and I think adding in the Sammy keyboard and the Black mod was goofing me up. Maybe other apps like Pandora or Palringo did it but either way, after getting it all set up I would experience many lockups per day. Not anyones fault or anything. I blame not having a stable locked version of MinMo to use as a base yet for you guys to cook from. If M$ ever gets their crap together on one final version I'm sure I'll be back to using the cooked ROMS again. I love the look of yours but I need the stability.

So anyway, the UI you used in the Black and Blue ROMs is what I was wondering about. What is that UI called and can that be loaded on top of the last Sammy ROM? If so, is it readily available someplace? It's the same UI I see in the HTC television spots too I think but I never knew what it was called. I love having all that info available on the main screen and finger friendly too.

Really, the CC03 ROM is usable but I do wish they had a better main application screen. I like the button type main app screen in the later WinMo versions as you can arrange it and put higher priority apps at the top of the list. I realy miss that.

S.

Guest DeepBlueEditor

Added SPB MS3.5. Very nice and one hell of an improvement in scrolling. This is so freaking smooth in scrolling now. It's amazing. I thought the hardware was at fault but this is like ice, glass, butter, etc.

Customizable enough to make me happy for a long time and still uses my apps I like to add. I think I found stuff to stick with for a while. At least until the WinMo versions lock for a bit. Now to get that HTC "look".

S.