HD2 T Mobile UK....STILL WAITING!

Guest jgtthd

So T Mobile seem still unable to confirm the release date of the HD2...was meant to be last week....was meant to be today and now apparently its going to be Saturday..... :)

i see that some sim free companies are already noting the phone as available to order (not preorder) today.

Any other T Mo folks out there heard anything about when we will have the handset???

i am seriously gong crazy here!! :D

Guest BigHairyDave

I am just off the phone with them, it's now going to be December before it's released by T-Mobile (no idea when in Dec!)

Edited by BigHairyDave

I am just off the phone with them, it's now going to be December before it's released by T-Mobile (no idea when in Dec!)

wow! are you sure about that? I was told by them this morning it would be 100% "the next few days"

Guest BigHairyDave
wow! are you sure about that? I was told by them this morning it would be 100% "the next few days"

Only relaying what was told to me, they couldn't even give me their pricing so I could make the decision to go to one the retailers that DO have it (or will very soon).

Guest JPhilips

I have spoken to 3 different woman 1 yesterday, 1 Monday and 1 Friday.

Anna - Spoke to on Friday, said that it is definitely this week. (She said this week from the 9th onwards, but couldn't say which day).(no prices available)

Katie - Spoke to on Monday, she said that they are definitely either this week, or next week. (no prices available)

Hayley - Spoke to, on the online we chat thing. - Transcript follows :

Bob: Hello there.

Hayley: Hi there, my name is Hayley. I am part of the dedicated T-Mobile Online Sales Team. May I ask if you are enquiring about a new contract or an upgrade today?

Bob: I am enquiring about a specific handset. (I bet you have had loads for it). A HTC HD2, you have listed as coming soon.

Hayley: Hi Bob

Bob: It is now listed as in stock with Sim Free suppliers, so I was just wondering on a date for yourselves ? I believe O2 are possibly even tomorrow. (but this isn't confirmed).

Hayley: We have been trying to get this phone out as soon as possible but it's looking like this friday

Bob: Do you have any idea on pricing etc ?

Bob: I would prefer to go with yourselves of course.

Hayley: Well, nothing is confirmed yet but I would think maybe between £35-£40 a month

Bob: And a free handset ? or that plus a cost ?

Bob: I am already on a £40 a month contract, so would be perfect as a replacement.

Hayley: Probably free. I would think it will be in the same price range as the Blackberry Bold 9700

Bob: OK, I can use that as a benchmark then. Thank you kindly. I am already with yourselves with 2 handsets, and they are upgradable this week. Thus prefer yourselves over a sub standard provider.

Bob: Well, Hayley you have been very kind and helpful.

Bob: I wish you a great rest of the day, and look forward to Friday then. :-)

Hayley: You're very welcome Bob

Hayley: Enjoy the rest of your day as well

So it's mixed dates really, but none of them say that it is in December, only that it is pretty imminent.

basically what i have heard, i just tried the online chat thing and they also said "defintley the next few days" again, no one has said to me December but i wish they would set a firm date!!

if the sim free suppliers are now available, then the final rom must be done and ready to ship so why is t mobile messing around so much with dates??

right - just called t mo again and spoke to a supervisor in the upgrades and loyalty dept who said the phone SHOULD be avaialble from tomorrow morning from t mobile and if it's not they will be able to tell us the excat date (he said no later than mon/tue next week) but again it should be available to ship tomorrow for delivery on Friday. SO fingers crossed!! :)

Guest JPhilips
right - just called t mo again and spoke to a supervisor in the upgrades and loyalty dept who said the phone SHOULD be avaialble from tomorrow morning from t mobile and if it's not they will be able to tell us the excat date (he said no later than mon/tue next week) but again it should be available to ship tomorrow for delivery on Friday. SO fingers crossed!! :)

Nice.

Definitely fingers crossed then. :-)

Guest JPhilips
Nice.

Definitely fingers crossed then. :-)

Well another online web chat thing reveals :

You are now connected with Jordan. Jordan: Hi there, my name is Jordan. I am part of the dedicated T-Mobile Online Sales Team. May I ask if you are enquiring about a new contract or an upgrade today?

Jake: Hi ya, I was just wondering if you have any release date for the HTC HD2. I spoke to someone last Thursday, and they told me it would be sometime this week.

Jordan: It has been delayed again, it looks like it should be within the next week or so, but i am sorry I can not help you any further

Jake: Oh, ok. Well thanks anyway.

(Note I never use the same name twice). :-)

Guest JPhilips

The latest information from online chat thing reveals :

Thank you for choosing T-Mobile. A T-Mobile Sales Adviser will be with you shortly. You are now connected with Amanda.

Amanda: Hi there, my name is Amanda. I am part of the dedicated T-Mobile Online Sales Team. May I ask if you are enquiring about a new contract or an upgrade today?

Pete: Hello there. I am enquiring about the HTC HD2 handset with yourselves. On the website it is listed as "Coming Soon", I just wondered if you had any more information regarding it please ?

Pete: Sim Free, people are already getting them, and reports that it will be available from Vodafone today, make me think it will be on T-Mobile as well.

Pete: Obviously, I want to go with yourselves rather than Vodafone

Amanda: The is due for release by the end of this week

Amanda: It was rumoured today, but the site is yet to update if it's available or not

Amanda: They will only be available on contract, not sim free

Pete: Oh right. What would you suggest ? Sitting and refreshing the site at regular intervals ?

Pete: I am after contract, and upgrade actually.

Pete: Do you have any information regarding pricing yet ?

Amanda: Is your contract due to end in the next 4 weeks Pete?

Pete: 1 handset was due on the 4th, and 1 is due on the 14th

Amanda: We have no details as of yet on the pricing of the plans but as an existing customer you're entitled to the plans at discounted rates

Pete: I have phones (mine and girlfriend on a single account). Both just finishing an 18 month contract, and would be looking at the same length term again.

Pete: Am hoping as it's 2 phones to get the handsets as free upgrades.

Amanda: As an existing customer you can get phones free on your upgrade, the upgrades team are always negotiable

Pete: Ok thank you kindly.

Pete: I will keep an eye on the site for later on then.

Amanda: You're welcome Pete

Pete: As always, customer support has been good.

Amanda: Our upgrades team will be available online as well after 9am

Pete: Ok, excellent. Thanks very much. You have a good rest of the day.

Amanda: You're welcome Pete

Amanda: You too

Amanda: Thank you for your time, please fill in my survey simply by clicking the 'close' button. Have a great day.

So sounds definitely like it's today or tomorrow. :-)

Guest thelondonthing

Just spoke to Gilbert on the online chat thing; he said that their intranet is showing it as being available first week of December. He also took my number and said that he'd just sent an email to the handset team for further info, as he's waiting on the HD2 as well!

A couple of people on the T-Mobile user forum have also reported today that they're being told it won't be available until December too.

Bugger.

Just spoke to Gilbert on the online chat thing; he said that their intranet is showing it as being available first week of December. He also took my number and said that he'd just sent an email to the handset team for further info, as he's waiting on the HD2 as well!

A couple of people on the T-Mobile user forum have also reported today that they're being told it won't be available until December too.

Bugger.

i just spoke to T mobile and they say its on the system for TODAY BUT no stock is showing....so in theory we should be able to order them this afternoon.......

i just spoke to T mobile and they say its on the system for TODAY BUT no stock is showing....so in theory we should be able to order them this afternoon.......

I got the same message when I spoke to business renewals this morning - should be today, but hasn't actually launched yet, waiting for the email that says it has launched etc etc.

feeling like we're getting closer!

Guest thelondonthing

Following my online chat with Gilbert, he's very kindly followed up on his promise to let me know of any news, this time via text:

"Hi, just been adv by procurement Hd2 should be out today today or tomorrow. No Idea of price yet. Keep your eyes on the website. Gil, Live Chat Team"

This certainly seems to support what jgtthd heard too.

Following my online chat with Gilbert, he's very kindly followed up on his promise to let me know of any news, this time via text:

"Hi, just been adv by procurement Hd2 should be out today today or tomorrow. No Idea of price yet. Keep your eyes on the website. Gil, Live Chat Team"

This certainly seems to support what jgtthd heard too.

FUNNY, I JUST GOT EXCATLY THE SAME SMS. But i called them again (different story from each person to try and get more info) and they said the same about today tomorrow, then that that dates wasn't 100%...the guy then mentioned December again but that again no one was 100%.....So i figured enough is enough, i just called mobilephonesdirect.com and did my t mo upgrade with them. phone confirmed and will be at my house tomorrow morning (unlocked and unbranded)....i just didn't want to wait around for t mo to make their minds up and also figured the advantage of an unlocked handset is all updates will come straight from htc not to mo who are also slow in this dept (see all the stuff that happened with the htc hero updates with t mo.) so there you go, upgrade on t mo via mobilephonesdirect and i will finally have the hd2 tomorroz! :) cant wait

Guest Shadowfixeruk
I got the same message when I spoke to business renewals this morning - should be today, but hasn't actually launched yet, waiting for the email that says it has launched etc etc.

feeling like we're getting closer!

I just spoke to Holly in business renewals - she said that there is nothing on the system and its probably next week - or the week after.

In saying that - i hope that you are right and not me!

SF

Guest Shadowfixeruk
I got the same both online chat and phone, i.e. maybe today for pricing probably not !

Can anyone provide the link for online chat... i can't find it!

Cheers

SF

Guest BigHairyDave

I have been told December again, this time by the upgrade department.

He said that they had been told today that it has been pushed to December with no indication when in December.

I just wish they would give out the pricing, I'll wait another couple of weeks if it's worth it but I don't want to wait and find out it's as expensive as (vodafone £35/month on a 24 month contract WTF !) when I can get it elsewhere for £25/month on an 18 month contract plus £108 for the phone (effectively £160 cheaper over the life of the contract)

If I wait then all the stock will be gone from the other suppliers....

Edited by BigHairyDave

Guest thelondonthing
I have been told December again, this time by the upgrade department.

He said that they had been told today that it has been pushed to December with no indication when in December.

I just wish they would give out the pricing, I'll wait another couple of weeks if it's worth it but I don't want to wait and find out it's as expensive as (vodafone £35/month on a 24 month contract WTF !) when I can get it elsewhere for £25/month on an 18 month contract plus £108 for the phone (effectively £160 cheaper over the life of the contract)

If I wait then all the stock will be gone from the other suppliers....

I wouldn't expect any amazing deals from T-Mobile - the Compact V is only free from £49.50/month (18 months), while even more ludicrous pricing is evident for the Vario IV (yes, that old chestnut), which is only free for £60/month. Even on a £50/month contract, the Vario IV costs nearly £80.

I wonder who the "procurement team" are, and where they fit into all this - because they're the ones who keep feeding back this apparent myth that the handset is due to be released imminently, even while the front line sales and upgrade teams are sticking to the December story.

Guest BigHairyDave

You are right they don't normally have amazing deals but you often get a few more minutes or internet access included for the same price as the independents. Also if mobilephonesdirect.co.uk can offer it for £108 upfront and £25 x 18 Months then t-mobile surely shouldn't be far behind ?

I think I will wait until the dust settles a bit before making a choice !

Guest Shadowfixeruk
You are right they don't normally have amazing deals but you often get a few more minutes or internet access included for the same price as the independents. Also if mobilephonesdirect.co.uk can offer it for £108 upfront and £25 x 18 Months then t-mobile surely shouldn't be far behind ?

I think I will wait until the dust settles a bit before making a choice !

Thats not a bad price from mobilephonesdirect - Expansys are offering it at £149 for : £35 Monthly,18 Month,700 Mins,Texts,Unlimited Data (Combi 30 + WnW). (http://www.expansys.com/d.aspx?partner=modaco&i=190623) - just none in stock at the moment!

SF

Guest GodsGift

Orange UK arent doing the HD2 ...

Damn gonna have to buy out my contract.

Mind you there are a couple of negative opinions from people who have one...

hmmmm wot to do.

GG

Guest JPhilips

I have just this second spoken to Jordan again on the T-Mobile chat thing.

Should have copied it. Damn.

But anyway, she said that it should be today, but ONLY for upgrades, not for new contracts first. (She advised I call the upgrades team, as they get more information than the online chat people.

So that kind of makes both today / early December correct with today for upgrades and in 2 weeks new contracts.

I will call them at lunchtime, and see what they say.

Guest thelondonthing

Interesting - I just spoke to Jordan too, and she didn't give me any such specific information. In fact, it seemed to be news to her when I mentioned that Gilbert from the T-Mo chat thing had told me it would be yesterday or today, and her only direct response to my enquiry about when it would be available was that "it isn't out yet".

Still, she agreed with my assertion that it's frustrating to be given conflicting information by each T-Mo rep I speak to, and deferred to Gilbert's better knowledge of handset availability as "he's in the upgrades team" (which seems to imply that Jordan isn't).

It seems that not only do we get different info from each T-Mo rep, but each T-Mo rep gives different info to each customer they speak to!