HD2 T Mobile UK....STILL WAITING!

Guest jgtthd

Guest Evilkern
Has anyone else ordered one recently? Any improvement in the prices being quoted for upgrades? No-one has added anything to this thread for over a week!

I'm quite keen to hear what sort of deals people have been getting too. Is weird that it's still coming soon online althoguh available on phone....

Guest tsutton
I'm quite keen to hear what sort of deals people have been getting too. Is weird that it's still coming soon online althoguh available on phone....

T-Mobile has said that the website will be updated with HD2 on it on 1st December - the same day where they also said they will be offering better deals.

I'm waiting for that date to see what they offers me.

I went into the T-Mobile store in Kingston Bentalls centre this evening. They had one handset in there for the staff to use before they get handsets to sell to the public next week. They told me that some of the larger stores have got them for sale this week, but they won't have stock there till next week. They also had no info on prices.

I had a play with the one handset that they had and I absolutely loved it. I am definitely gettin one, it's just lightyears ahead of the i900 Omnia I've got, even with a 6.5 custom rom. The staff member who was with me said he wanted to slate it when it came in for being WinMo and touchscreen (he's an Apple fan and hates touchscreen keyboards) but even he was smitten by it. Very nice, very desirable and I could see no sign of the camera fault that's been reported recently.

DC

Guest Evilkern
Great, one week early! :D Thanks for posting the link.

Will need to call T-Mobile tomorrow to see what they can offer me for that phone.

I've just got off phone with them. They still seem quite stuck on their prices, offered me it for £80 but would have to move to a 24 month contract which seems a little steep.

Need to think about what I will do

Guest aries6776
called Tmobile yesterday. Leo out of stock and then adviser quoted £250 for the phone (£380 upgrade price apparently).

Ah finally going to get my hands one! Spoke to them on friday 11th and was told 'We got them in but we don't know how many or if you are going to get one. If you do get one you'll find out monday'. I thought yeah right because they have been saying something similar to me for the last 3 weeks! So today I got a call from Tmobile saying they had stock and did I still want one?? Are you kidding! I'd have sold my gran to get hold of one. So hopefully should be with me tomorrow by 1pm. Almost thinking of having the day off work just so I can play with it!

I asked on stock levels out of curiosity and the lady told me that when she had checked at 10:30 this morning they had 240 but one hour later this had gone down to 150! She said the demand was unprecedented and they hadn't expected the phone to be anywhere near this popular. Doh why not?? Who is running their business? They clearly haven't got a good feeling for the market and I suspect like Voda have been blinded by the iphone.

Guest thebestnameshavegone

I've been dealing with t-mobile for years so I know what to expect but I didn't expect this:

I took a call from t-mobile upgrades (Monday 14th) and after confirming it actually was t-mobile calling (personal data leaks?) and they actually did have the HD2 in stock I placed an order for the HD2.

I was told 300 came in to stock Monday am and there were three showing in stock (3:40pm) and I would get a text if it can be shipped Monday. If I don't get a text it will ship on Friday 18th when another

batch of 300 are due in. Sure enough I got the text. £97odd for the phone, 18 month contract 700mins/month, unlimited everything else £31.50/month. After the t-mobile Vario IV debacle of last year, this

was a refreshing and welcome surprise from t-mobile.

I expect delivery today Tuesday 15th.

Don't hold your breath.

Was first told one was mine & on its way from T-Mobile 3½ weeks ago. then 2½ weeks ago, then on Friday they phoned me. I declined Saturday delivery as was out.

Promised for Monday

Phoned Monday/yesterday PM. Promised for Tuesday (online updater indicated that I have 18 months 'til my update, so looks as if sent!)

Phoned Tuesday/today PM, now promised for Wednesday...

Now have the Royal Mail Tracking No. - It arrived at the RM distribution centre 10 miles away today...

For 4 days I have had to stay in waiting for it. So much for earning a living to pay for it...

-------------

It has now travelled another 10 miles, but still 5 miles away in another direction!

& quote, 'and is now on it's way to the local Delivery Office.'

I assume later today it will travel another 7½ miles, but still be 2½ miles away in yet another direction....

On its next hop, I might jump out in front of the next Royal Mail van I see....

Edited by Guest

Guest Maxctran

I just got mine from a t-mobile upgrade through the post, taken them a while to sort out and lots of confusion but its arrived minus the pouch (which seems to be commom problem for t mobile) I rang them and they said that they will try and send one asap.

Guest thebestnameshavegone
<br />I just got mine from a t-mobile upgrade through the post, taken them a while to sort out and lots of confusion but its arrived minus the pouch (which seems to be commom problem for t mobile) I rang them and they said that they will try and send one asap.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Mine is also missing the pouch. I'll give them a bell, thanks for the info.

So far, I'm impressed with the phone. No SMS or email issues so fat, GPS fast to get a fix, everything works.

I've now got mine through T-Mob as a new customer, although I also had some customer service issues and ended up waiting in for two days on the trot for the phone to arrive after they failed to process the first order correctly.

Edited by DavidC