Help needed!!

Guest Lexdad86

Guest Lexdad86

Hello everyone, I am brand new to this site and had a question to ask about flashing roms, I originally flashed to the terra firma build that was done by evidence/master greeny and everything worked fine. I than tried to flash to the new flotanium build by bgill and everything worked fine until i get to the loading screen with the windows symbol at the top. Everytime i get to that page no matter how many times I reset, my phone is stuck at that page and will not do anything else. I am using windows 7 64 bit and just had the phone shipped out to me so i already had the verizon CF03 rom installed. Please let me know what to do next or is this what is meant by bricking the device??

Thank you for y'alls help

Hello everyone, I am brand new to this site and had a question to ask about flashing roms, I originally flashed to the terra firma build that was done by evidence/master greeny and everything worked fine. I than tried to flash to the new flotanium build by bgill and everything worked fine until i get to the loading screen with the windows symbol at the top. Everytime i get to that page no matter how many times I reset, my phone is stuck at that page and will not do anything else. I am using windows 7 64 bit and just had the phone shipped out to me so i already had the verizon CF03 rom installed. Please let me know what to do next or is this what is meant by bricking the device??

hey man, i forgot what the exact reason is why it does that. im pretty sure the welcome center, or whatever its called, is disabled on roms like that. tap the top left of the screen (where the start menu would originally be) and it should launch from there.

good luck!

try using the volume keys on the side, and pressing the end key.

Guest Lexdad86

I am trying to flash back to CF03 but there is a slight problem as to verizon will not upgrade to CF03 because I don't have active sync installed, but active sync only works with windows xp and is not needed or compatible with windows vista or windows 7. does anyone have a link to the original verizon CF03 rom?

I am trying to flash back to CF03 but there is a slight problem as to verizon will not upgrade to CF03 because I don't have active sync installed, but active sync only works with windows xp and is not needed or compatible with windows vista or windows 7. does anyone have a link to the original verizon CF03 rom?

look down the list there is a post for it

Guest Lexdad86

Ok so i was able to successfully flash back to the original VZW CF03 rom with out a problem but when I tried to flash to the flotanium 2.0 everything loaded up fine but it is still freezing at the windows screen, i have tried doing soft resets and pressing all the buttons on the side with no response. Any other advice???

Ok so i was able to successfully flash back to the original VZW CF03 rom with out a problem but when I tried to flash to the flotanium 2.0 everything loaded up fine but it is still freezing at the windows screen, i have tried doing soft resets and pressing all the buttons on the side with no response. Any other advice???

other then trying a different rom not really. when i flash a new rom on the initial boot up it hangs on the windows pic with the working icon there, i do a soft reset then on the same screen with no working icon i wait a few minutes after boot up and press the volume button tap the screen and press the end key and it goes to the titanium screen. then XDA_UC starts

Guest Lexdad86

I tried that and I got to the home screen but not start/windows button didn't work so I just flashed back to VZW CF03 again and I guess I will have to use that since that is the only thing that works even though its so slow and ugly compared to most of the ROMS on here but it works.

Thanks again for everyones help though

Guest bonsaicommando2
I tried that and I got to the home screen but not start/windows button didn't work so I just flashed back to VZW CF03 again and I guess I will have to use that since that is the only thing that works even though its so slow and ugly compared to most of the ROMS on here but it works.

Thanks again for everyones help though

mine freezes at that screen on the evidence rom....after flashing I get my top bar full of symbols... and then 'windows with the logo/button in middle of screen' and it hangs there.I leave it for a while figuring theres stuff going on in the background get bored of waiting(10 mins)..soft reset- it does the same thing ( it runs customizations hit ok for 2 screens) and hangs again I leave it (10 mins or so ...get bored of waiting..soft reset. then let it boot again it hangs but after 5 or 10 mins I hit buttons..end key couple of times .or turn it off and on again or maybee soft reset.and on this 3rd cycle.after hitting some buttons the phone wakes up and runs perfectly.I usually soft reset at this point and I have yet to have an issue with the rom.best rom yet on my omnia..I think its because the rom is so big. I was worried at first cause I didnt see any one else complaining about this ...but this is my 3rd windows phone..and flashing can be a weird science..so be patient -all good things come to ye who waits.

Guest Lexdad86

wow thanks commando, I was actually starting to lose hope just a little bit in that I would be stuck with the stock OS for the omnia but I'm definately gonna give it a try again and follow your instructions and hope that works. If not I'm hoping that I can try this at work tomorrow using Windows XP since some people said that is the best OS to flash roms with.

Thanks again

wow thanks commando, I was actually starting to lose hope just a little bit in that I would be stuck with the stock OS for the omnia but I'm definately gonna give it a try again and follow your instructions and hope that works. If not I'm hoping that I can try this at work tomorrow using Windows XP since some people said that is the best OS to flash roms with.

Thanks again

Just tap the top left corner where the Start menu used to be! works everytime!

Guest Lexdad86

Hey.........sorry for takin so long to respond but I just wanted to tell everyone thanks for all of your advice and recommendations. I got everything to work fine by pressing at the top of the screen where the start button flashes when you start up just like bgill said to.

Thanks again everyone