Programs Auto-Closing!

Guest TheGoDxxxx

Guest AizenSousuke

Just install this ROM (windows 6.1) http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...9/#entry1066924

It's the best and most stable custom 6.1 rom out there. Seriously, I won't be going back to official till i found one problem in this rom - so far, no problem.

BTW, I blacklisted windows 6.5 for screwing around with me and closing my programs when i'm using them >:)

Guest VitasLoWang

I want to ask about autoclosepatch - should it be running in processes as autoclosepatch.exe or not? It is in windows\startup folder. Also I want to ask for your experience - is it ok to lower the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Chainfire\AutoClosePatch\CloseStartMB to less then 10MB?

Edited by VitasLoWang

Guest redzone321

thats an i900 rom not i8000?

Just install this ROM (windows 6.1) http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...9/#entry1066924

It's the best and most stable custom 6.1 rom out there. Seriously, I won't be going back to official till i found one problem in this rom - so far, no problem.

BTW, I blacklisted windows 6.5 for screwing around with me and closing my programs when i'm using them >:)

Guest dwallersv
I want to ask about autoclosepatch - should it be running in processes as autoclosepatch.exe or not? It is in windows\startup folder. Also I want to ask for your experience - is it ok to lower the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Chainfire\AutoClosePatch\CloseStartMB to less then 10MB?

It only needs to be in \Windows\Startup to run once at boot and patch the kernel and Samsung's TaskMonitor process. After that, it is active for the device, not any particular program.

As for the reg key, there's no "right" or "wrong" answer to that question. You have to decide for yourself what meets your needs. The lower you set it, the greater the risk that you will hit a low memory condition triggering WM6 to take action. Fortunately, when it does, unlike the Samsung TaskMonitor, it will alert you, and give you a chance to decide what to close to rectify the situation. Samsung TM does not -- it just starts closing stuff until it get free memory back above around 50MB.

I've posted a new thread explaining this whole situation in much more technical detail.

• 9 months later...
Guest pixiewave
Solution go back to 6.1 ... 6.5 doesn't have a lot of advantages compare to 6.1

And how do we do that?

Called the "samsung people" and they told me to send back the phone.

Is there a way to do this at home, like an upgrade, but than a downgrade.

• 2 weeks later...