So come on...who bought one!!!

Guest Syphon Filter

Guest AntonyW999
Interesting, I wonder why you had such wildly differing experiences then.

Antony, are you really that aghast at the performance of the HD2 or are you winding us up?

Definitely not a wind up. Spent last night playing with it and becoming more disillusioned. Camera crashed just trying to take a normal photo. The weather app gives a connection error if it's left on current location, even though all the other locations update okay. The Hero used to pick up my location by district rather than city and would then tell me no weather data was available. I assume this is the same problem but now gives a generic connection error message instead. The auto capitalise thing works on email, but not SMS or Peep.

For a device that's priced as it is and positioning itself supposedly at the high end of the market, it's very very sloppy. I'm still undecided as to whether to send it back or hang on until we get some custom ROMs out for it because hardware-wise it is very impressive. It's just let down by shoddy OS implementation.

post-444077-1258105730_thumb.jpg

post-444077-1258106114_thumb.jpg

Guest tacchan23

My main concern in getting one would be the capacitative screen... I really can't imagine myslef doing everything with fingers even when I am home sitting at my desktop browsing trough registry or excell files.

And I'd like to know about the future too... with wm7 every ppc will have capacitative screen? if yes, I'll have to get used anyway:P

Guest Syphon Filter
My main concern in getting one would be the capacitative screen... I really can't imagine myslef doing everything with fingers even when I am home sitting at my desktop browsing trough registry or excell files.

And I'd like to know about the future too... with wm7 every ppc will have capacitative screen? if yes, I'll have to get used anyway:P

I think a capacitive touch screen is a requirement stipulated by MS for WM7.

Guest AntonyW999
This is very disappointing news Antony, I had really high hopes for this device. Looks like I will have to hold fire.

The positive is all of the problems are fixable. If not by HTC then there are a lot of extremely talented people out there who will no doubt be beavering away on custom ROMs even now. Also there may be a possibility of getting Android running on it. I'm just annoyed at being asked to stump up £500 to beta test a device that really should be rock solid out of the box. And given HTC's track record with WinMo updates, it may be a while before they get around to doing anything about the problems.

Definitely not a wind up. Spent last night playing with it and becoming more disillusioned. Camera crashed just trying to take a normal photo. The weather app gives a connection error if it's left on current location, even though all the other locations update okay. The Hero used to pick up my location by district rather than city and would then tell me no weather data was available. I assume this is the same problem but now gives a generic connection error message instead. The auto capitalise thing works on email, but not SMS or Peep.

For a device that's priced as it is and positioning itself supposedly at the high end of the market, it's very very sloppy. I'm still undecided as to whether to send it back or hang on until we get some custom ROMs out for it because hardware-wise it is very impressive. It's just let down by shoddy OS implementation.

Like most people here i've been trawling the forums for days waiting for the release so i think i've read just about every user review out there to date - and while you are not the only person I've seen report issues with the release version, there are far many more who are having an excellent experience. So I wouldn't wait around - I would return the device and get a new one - sounds like you've got a dud.

Just got my phone from expansys :). It is very nice and responsive!!!

Beautiful phone :D. I think my fellas at omnia section will be disappointed but i needed this phone!!

Guest -Vulture-
Like most people here i've been trawling the forums for days waiting for the release so i think i've read just about every user review out there to date - and while you are not the only person I've seen report issues with the release version, there are far many more who are having an excellent experience. So I wouldn't wait around - I would return the device and get a new one - sounds like you've got a dud.

Yeah, most articles ive read on the net gave a positiv feedback. Many of the reviewers already tested their corresponding final ROM's, havent seen that much problems on one device. Maybe theres a problem with it...AntonyW999, should return it asap and get a new one.

Guest kurniawan
Just got my phone from expansys :). It is very nice and responsive!!!

Beautiful phone :D. I think my fellas at omnia section will be disappointed but i needed this phone!!

No probs bro....

Guest Scoot72

I was in the market for an upgrade after sending back a SE Satio, took up the challenge, watched Paul's excellent walk through (cheers!) and now can't believe the deal I've got and not even had to haggle with VF! I think i've somehow managed to get a deal online that they may not realise they have live because any links from browsers say the page doesn't exist - anyway, staying on my current tariff of about £24 per month including data pack, only 12 month committment and a free HD2!! Can't wait for it to be delivered but VF say first shipping (generally) is from 16th Nov. If you're within I think a 70 day period before your deal is up with VF, get on their website and get this deal....

Guest Scoot72
gone gone gone .......where's i gone?

I've found the same problem navigating through their normal channels but if you go through the 'upgrade' link, it was there. Had an email to confirm order has been processed.

Guest Syphon Filter

I've read a few reviews and have been checking out xda, the keyboard lag issue is not an isolated case. There are various other niggles which you can find over at the xda leo forum too.

It may be that only a few units are affected but I'm not willing to take the risk are the £500 mark.

Guest AntonyW999
@AntonyW999 Have you tried align your screen? xda

settings >> menu >> all settings >> system >> screen

No. But that won't stop word prediction coming and going at random or the ludicrous amount of lag when trying to reply to a text message. I've pretty much given up on it for now as it's too frustrating to use. Love the hardware but this HTC Sense is pretty abysmal. In a couple of weeks there should be some decent ROMs to have a go at.

Guest GodsGift
Love the hardware but this HTC Sense is pretty abysmal. In a couple of weeks there should be some decent ROMs to have a go at.

Why wots wrong with the sense UI?

GG

Guest Syphon Filter

Why all the waiting on custom ROMs? HTC should have released this device with a decent ROM in the first place!!

Also, in my experience custom ROMs are never as stable and always have more quirks and cause more agro than they are worth. The original shipped/official updates are much more predictable and stable if you ask me and I've done a fair bit flashing of ROMs over the years on various devices.