So come on...who bought one!!!

Guest Syphon Filter

Guest AntonyW999
Why wots wrong with the sense UI?

GG

Have now turned off HTC Sense and disabled the HTC messages in favour of the stock WinMo one. Having a much better experience. All the lag issues have disappeared, it seems they were connected to the crappy HTC Messages and Peep. Very much looking forward to getting 6.5.1 on here. This is one seriously fast piece of kit. Unfortunately HTC didn't spend enough time optimising their new UI.

Guest AntonyW999
Why all the waiting on custom ROMs? HTC should have released this device with a decent ROM in the first place!!

Also, in my experience custom ROMs are never as stable and always have more quirks and cause more agro than they are worth. The original shipped/official updates are much more predictable and stable if you ask me and I've done a fair bit flashing of ROMs over the years on various devices.

I totally agree that HTC should have released a decent ROM. However you obviously have had some bad experiences with custom ROMs which has put you off. I've done a fair bit of flashing myself over the years also and haven't been put off. In fact it's the big saving grace for WinMo - the fact that there is such a thriving community dedicated to tweaking and improving (in most cases). Waiting around for official updates is incredibly tedious and often not worth the wait. And you don't always get the improvements you wanted anyway.

Well, I have run custom ROMs in the past but there's always some quirk I find.

I've never come across a ROM on any device (custom or otherwise) without some quirk in it...

As "out of the box" ROM's go, this is easily the best I've ever used.

Guest Syphon Filter
I've never come across a ROM on any device (custom or otherwise) without some quirk in it...

As "out of the box" ROM's go, this is easily the best I've ever used.

What I meant was that the official ROMs are usually more stable and have less issues than cooked ROMs (in my experience). I've tried plenty of ROMs from all the top chefs at XDA and they all have something wrong which in the end pushes me back to an official ROM.

As for the HD2, I am itching to get one...just can't seem to justify it at the moment!!

Guest robertc17

I've got one on back order with Expansys...not sure for how long as I went into a shop on Tottenham Court road today and they had a demo machine (as in it was a production model but they were letting you play with it).

The screen was jumpy as hell.

Random characters when typing.

I also swear you can get the screen to react without actually touching it - almost like static sets it off.

Anyway they claimed it was faulty and it was going back..but then again it seemed to behave like many of the posts I've seen here and on XDA.

So frustrating....don't want an iPhone but those things just work....sigh.

Rob.

Guest Syphon Filter
I've got one on back order with Expansys...not sure for how long as I went into a shop on Tottenham Court road today and they had a demo machine (as in it was a production model but they were letting you play with it).

The screen was jumpy as hell.

Random characters when typing.

I also swear you can get the screen to react without actually touching it - almost like static sets it off.

Anyway they claimed it was faulty and it was going back..but then again it seemed to behave like many of the posts I've seen here and on XDA.

Rob.

The capacitive screens are MUCH more sensitive than the resistive type we are more accustomed to. I think it will just take some acclimatisation as it were. As for the lag/jumpy screen that's another matter entirely i think.

Guest Swampie

That's capacitive screens for you - they detect the presence of your finger without you having to actually touch it. Certainly on the iPhone we use at work for development, you don't actually need to physically touch the screen for it to react to your finger.

Guest AntonyW999
That's capacitive screens for you - they detect the presence of your finger without you having to actually touch it. Certainly on the iPhone we use at work for development, you don't actually need to physically touch the screen for it to react to your finger.

As somebody who has an iPhone 3GS and an HD2 I can definitely confirm the HD2 is way more sensitive than the iPhone.

had mine since friday and love it.

for the person who was having the problems with the capitals, i also had that, there is a setting to fix it (sorry though i can't remember where it is) but i agree should be activated out of the box.

i don't have any lag, but did get rid of twitter as i don't use it but other than that i think it's agreat phone and happier than i was when i got my htc hero. :)

for the person who was having the problems with the capitals, i also had that, there is a setting to fix it (sorry though i can't remember where it is) but i agree should be activated out of the box.

i don't have any lag, but did get rid of twitter as i don't use it but other than that i think it's agreat phone and happier than i was when i got my htc hero. :D

Ordered mine Monday.... shipped today YAYAYAYAYAYAY tomorrow... Play.com must have stocks.... i want to take the day off to wait for it :) but have to go in now to pay for my phone :D

Guest AntonyW999

i don't have any lag, but did get rid of twitter as i don't use it but other than that i think it's agreat phone and happier than i was when i got my htc hero. :)

I'd be very interested to know where this setting is. If you're talking about the actual option in WinMo which is buried in settings>>menu>>all settings>>personal>>input>>options and has a tick box for "Capitalize first letter of sentence" it doesn't work in HTC's SMS app. It works in email, and disabling HTC's app and using the native WinMo one makes it work, proving that's it's a bug in HTC's app.

As for lag, wait until you've got a few text messages built up then try to send an immediate reply to one. There's a delay which gets worse the longer the message list is. Looks nicer than the WinMo one but is much much slower.

I'd be very interested to know where this setting is. If you're talking about the actual option in WinMo which is buried in settings>>menu>>all settings>>personal>>input>>options and has a tick box for "Capitalize first letter of sentence" it doesn't work in HTC's SMS app. It works in email, and disabling HTC's app and using the native WinMo one makes it work, proving that's it's a bug in HTC's app.

As for lag, wait until you've got a few text messages built up then try to send an immediate reply to one. There's a delay which gets worse the longer the message list is. Looks nicer than the WinMo one but is much much slower.

actually i was talking about that, agreed it does not work in the sms which i agree is annoying. on the lag front though i have loads of sms conversations and still no lag...

Guest GodsGift
actually i was talking about that, agreed it does not work in the sms which i agree is annoying. on the lag front though i have loads of sms conversations and still no lag...

Hey guys after my problems with vodafone on Friday ordering and being told mon/tues/thurs/fri/mon/mid december ... mine turned up this afternoon !!!

so i think voda got a new delivery.... fingers crossed a few more people get theirs

Cheers,

GG

Guest forster

Well, there's my hopes and dreams shattered and £500 saved I suppose.

Keep giving the feedbacks guys, it's extremely helpful for people like me who have either deep pockets, or use very understanding credit card companies.

Guest FutureDirt

Just wanted to add to this thread by saying that i dont have single problem with mine.

No lag so far and i dont have the capitilisation issue in HTC messages... works fine for me.

Overall its an unbelieveably good device.... best on the market by far in my opinion.

I was sceptical about it not having a stylus being winmo and all but i have yet to find an app where it isnt finger friendly. Even editing the registry is ok once you get used to it.

Power/Battery wise its ok... not as good as my previous device was (i900 Omnia), but still ok. It was fully charged at approx 9AM yesterday morning and after some moderate use (few phone calls, texts, browsing the net, installing apps, playing games etc) this morning at 10 AM it has 40% battery.

Going to see how long that lasts till its fully depleted but at least i know i can go more then 24 hours before it runs out.... which is alot more then other users have been reporting.

Guest GodsGift
Just wanted to add to this thread by saying that i dont have single problem with mine.

Just wanted to add that mine was superb and I had none of the reported problems with it until it crashed and burned.

switched itself off and no amount of charging, resetting, attempted factory reset, taking apart and putting back together would coax it into life.

So its going back to voda and hopefully WHEN I get a new one (1 - 2 weeks :D ) it wont be a friday afternoon piece of junk!

But whilst I had it .. I loved it. best phone I've had.

Yours, in mourning

GG

I called T-Mobile customer services as soon as I saw it on the T-Mobile website to be told that I can't order it and will not be available to until Thursday. Having had mixed replies from T-Mobile upgrades dept. in the past I called again an hour later to be told that it will be available to buy on Friday.

Knowing that T-Mobile told me last week that the "offers" will be available as soon as it goes on the site I asked how much it'd be for an upgrade (currently on Flext 35) I was informed that I'd be able to purchase the phone for free on an 18 month contract if I go to Flext 40.

I then thought what the hell, I'll give my two local T-Mobile stores a call to see if they had any in stock............they did, both of them :D

An hour later I was walking out of the store with a brand new HTC HD2 for free on flext 40 on an 18 month contract.

Guest billpool
love mine !

What he said!

I got my HTC HD2 from Expansys USA and was delivered ~3 weeks ago now. It HAS been one heck of a learning experience,what with the differences in WM6.5 and then HTC sense and extremely little being in print on either as well as a very sparse set of manuals to come with it. The experience is getting better tho I'm still searching for print on WM6.5 and HTC Sense. Been camped out over on the XDA Leo site and am learning lots from them.

IMHO that still doesn't excuse the missing references on the aforementioned topics.

Take Care

Guest gavinfabl
What he said!

I got my HTC HD2 from Expansys USA and was delivered ~3 weeks ago now. It HAS been one heck of a learning experience,what with the differences in WM6.5 and then HTC sense and extremely little being in print on either as well as a very sparse set of manuals to come with it. The experience is getting better tho I'm still searching for print on WM6.5 and HTC Sense. Been camped out over on the XDA Leo site and am learning lots from them.

IMHO that still doesn't excuse the missing references on the aforementioned topics.

Take Care

I love mine even more. I only have 2 issues. The camera pink issue (corrected by dropping saturation control from 3 to 2 in image props), twitter not updating on the set intervals. HTC have confirmed a hotfix for the camera. Whilst I use twitter it doesnt bother me that is doesnt update as I am normally too busy. As to the device being difficult. It is and it isnt. I have used every OS and they all take time. The biggest change I had was the HD2 is best used from the today screen. HTC have done a cracking job. I now find it easier to use all the time. I did read the massive user manual available on HTC's website too. XDA Dev is a superb site too, but I find it is best just to take a few bits from there. 2 threads are great. The sticky under Leo, Leo REF tips and Leo, Themes & Apps the Touch Flo tips. Also in T&A there is HD2 apps list. If you have older WM software, in the settings , about put your owner name in there and in the "Me" contact in people tab.

As a just released device, its pretty damm stable, and a lot better than any other device I have owned and/or currently use.

I have now added some extra apps and love the device to pieces. Best £500 I ever spent!

Guest locutus-of-borg

Well i go mine of a friend 2 days old unlocked for an amazing £380 he was scint lol. Well had a few glitches but nothing to cry home about the phine real is the dos what its hehe.

Guest GodsGift

Just thought I'd mention that voda have told me today that they are getting a delivery tomorrow which means I should have my HD2 back on Sat (or Monday at the latest)

Am very happy and furiously looking for MUST HAVE apps and games.

GG

love mine too - no lag and great awesome phone.

only thing i have is no caps at start of sentence in sms but works in email.

xda have a load of registry tweeks which makes the phone even faster including WiFi N capabilities and with that it absolutley flys on my wifi at home.

love it. my first wimo phone and have NO complaints. switched from the htc hero and would never go back :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Maxwell Newton
I was in the market for an upgrade after sending back a SE Satio, took up the challenge, watched Paul's excellent walk through (cheers!) and now can't believe the deal I've got and not even had to haggle with VF! I think i've somehow managed to get a deal online that they may not realise they have live because any links from browsers say the page doesn't exist - anyway, staying on my current tariff of about £24 per month including data pack, only 12 month committment and a free HD2!! Can't wait for it to be delivered but VF say first shipping (generally) is from 16th Nov. If you're within I think a 70 day period before your deal is up with VF, get on their website and get this deal....

Can you give some more details please so that i can haggle with o2?

Also if anyone else can link great deals it means all customers will have more firepower to get the contract or upgrade prices down!

Thanks,

Max

Edited by Maxwell Newton