Music player does not show cover art

Guest Aton

Hi again,

found another strange behaviour of the musicplayer. Some tracks in the preinstalled music player show cover art, some do not. I tried embedding them directly into the mp3 files, I tried a file AlbumArt.jpg and Folder.jpg, I tried embedding the cover art with Windows Media Player and with ID3-TagIT 3. Nothing worked. Strange though: Older files with embedded cover art show it the right way. Also strange: The cover art shown is the cover art from the first file in the list thats played.

Can anyone tell me how to show cover art in the preinstalled music player the right way?

I've been trying some more music player apps: Meridian, TuneWiki, Rock On. Some did show cover art, some did not. But non of the music players were nearly as useful as an iPod. It can't be true, that a linuxpowered device does not have a single music app for daily purpose. What a shame... And I thought, I could use the pulse instead of my iPod nano.

• 4 weeks later...

For me the following works:

- Put 'AlbumArt.jpg' in the same folder as the album

Unfortunately you have to do these steps also since the player caches album art:

- Clear the data of the program 'Media storage' from settings (this also affects video's etc)

- Reboot (haven't found out how to trigger reindex of the player)

• 2 months later...
Guest Nick Elks
For me the following works:

- Put 'AlbumArt.jpg' in the same folder as the album

Unfortunately you have to do these steps also since the player caches album art:

- Clear the data of the program 'Media storage' from settings (this also affects video's etc)

- Reboot (haven't found out how to trigger reindex of the player)

If you clear the Media storage (Menu/Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/Media Storage/Clear Data) then Music Player cannot see any music.

You then need to reboot the phone to get it to scan for music. This way you see the music again, but you have lost your playlists.

After discovering this, I got SDrescan which takes a while to do the first scan, but does work. Subsequent scans are much quicker.

I can now see all downloaded songs with their cover art. And I don't lose my playlists because I don't need to clear the Media Storage via settings.

Edited by Nick Elks

• 7 months later...
Guest tameren
Hi again,

found another strange behaviour of the musicplayer. Some tracks in the preinstalled music player show cover art, some do not. I tried embedding them directly into the mp3 files, I tried a file AlbumArt.jpg and Folder.jpg, I tried embedding the cover art with Windows Media Player and with ID3-TagIT 3. Nothing worked. Strange though: Older files with embedded cover art show it the right way. Also strange: The cover art shown is the cover art from the first file in the list thats played.

Can anyone tell me how to show cover art in the preinstalled music player the right way?

hallo,

i had also the same problem. i solved it like this. i used as filename AlbumArt.jpg and in internal storage there is a folder 'albumthumbs'. i emptied this folder. i think the music player saves the cached album thumbs here. then it worked. i have samsung galaxy s.

not directly related with the subject, but it is useful:

Embedding cover images in MP3 files for Android, iTunes, iPhone, Windows Media Player, and Windows Explorer