Omnia I910 Wont Connect through Active Sync...

Guest Arsenalc08

Guest Arsenalc08

Hello, I've been trying to get my omnia I910 to connect to my Apple Powerbook for a couple months on and off now and I've never been able to get it to work.

I'm using Windows XP with SP1 (or maybe 2 or 3 I'm not sure right now)

I haven't updated really any of the Windows XP stuff since I installed it on my Mac, well anyways here's what happens.

I installed ActiveSync in windows xp, I plug in my Omnia. It doesn't show up in active sync, but it shows up saying new hardware found then says that it found the sph i-910 or whatever it's called. Then activesync on my Omnia tells me I need to upgrade to version 4.5 or higher yet the version I installed is 4.5!

I have messed with connection settings on my phone, and made sure my firewall is off.

Is there anything I need to install other than activesync like .net framework or something from verizon for my phone? I would really like to start messing around with Windows Mobile but I dont know where to start I guess.

So if there are other things I need to install could you please give me links to them, or tell me where to find them so I can get this thing started?

Thanks alot

-Adam (Arsenal) Crawford

Guest jlc0005

I have trouble connecting mine too... until I make this minor Settings change...

Start > Settings > Connections > USB to PC > uncheck the "Enable advanced network functionality" check-box.

After I make that change, I connect with ActiveSync without issue.

I hope this helps.

Guest popsinger
Alright well if someone can help me with this they get $30 to their paypal account.. I'm kinda desperate =/

on the phone,

Start > Settings > Connections > USB to PC > check the "Enable advanced network functionality" (enable)

Start > Settings > Connections > USB Connection Mode>check "Activesync"

on the pc,

active sync connection settings, make sure allow usb connections is checked. open activesync and then plug the cable connected to phone to pc usb port. unless something about the mac stopping this, it should work. if it doesn't, look at the bottom right corner of pc (in the clock area), if you see sync center on the taskbar, open it and you will see your phone under devices. it will say connected or disconnected. anyway, double click on it and it will reopen activesync and it will try to connect/sync the phone then. hope this works...

you can also try to uninstall activesync, redownload, and reinstall. you might have a bad copy of it to begin with. also, you never mentioned your connection settings on the phone so follow the ones above.

Edited by popsinger

Guest blazingwolf
Start > Settings > Connections > USB to PC > check the "Enable advanced network functionality" (enable)

Actually, I would uncheck this. It should be on normally.

Guest Arsenalc08
Actually, I would uncheck this. It should be on normally.

Alright, I'm currently at work but I should be home between four and five (it's one twenty eight here now) I'll let you guys know whether it works or not. Thanks a lot I appreciate it

Guest bkindtoall
Alright, I'm currently at work but I should be home between four and five (it's one twenty eight here now) I'll let you guys know whether it works or not. Thanks a lot I appreciate it

I had the same problem, though on Win 7. After much searching found this link and it worked!! http://www.modaco.com/content/i910-specifi...m-verizon-i910/ and follow the directions of Nicosino

The only part that was a bit different was the initial connecting & turning on/off sequence. You might have to play with the order in which it's done. But once UMDL detected my Omnia, it was off and running.

Now if I could only get my screen to align! But that's a different issue. :)

Guest Root-dir

sometimes mine gets like that sometimes the advanced network func switch helps but what usually fixes mine is in active sync(on the phone) go to Menu and connections.... on mine there's 2 options for some reason:

'default usb

usb

switch it to which ever one it wasn't on and try again if it doesn't work switch it back and try again this often fixes it for me.