OpenGL ES on pulse?

Guest Aton

Hi everyone,

does the pulse have proper opengl es support? I tried some 3d games from the market and they were running very slow. The same games are running smooth on G1 .

Hi everyone,

does the pulse have proper opengl es support? I tried some 3d games from the market and they were running very slow. The same games are running smooth on G1 .

Try copying the library from the G1 to turn on hardware acceleration. It seems to work for alot of phones.

Root your phone, remount the /system filesystem as read/write, then copy the libhgl.so to /system/lib/libhgl.so . Reboot phone.

You can grab it from the ion zip here:

http://developer.htc.com/google-io-device.html

Make sure to get the one thats 'recovery image' otherwise u'll have to unyaffs the system.img

Guest steviem

If you've rooted it, do you have ConnectDroid on your phone?

You could put the zip file on the SD Card and move it to the right directory using ConnectDroid once you've done "su -"

I did it this way:

-reboot the phone in recovery mode

-"adb shell" in cmd

-"mount -o rw /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system" in the shell

-"exit" the shell

-"adb push f:/libhgl.so /system/lib/libhgl.so" in cmd to transfer the file

That's it. Reboot the phone. The demos I tried (Light Racer 3D and Speed Forge 3D Demo) are running more smooth now.

Why does Huawei not put the right libraries onto the phone so we can play right away with factory defaults turned on. Again: Shame on you, Huawei.

PS: Thanks for the tip kam187.

Edited by Aton

Guest helikopter
Awesome, something for the next MoDaCo Custom ROM methinks!

P

it's great to see that you're watching out for all the stuff that is worth to put into the custom roms. i'm looking forward to a donut/eclair build.

Hi, is it possible to give us a n00b guide on installing these files to help speed up the 3d games?

Also any idea if this might impact other things like sat nav software?

Thanks.

thanks mapero....

just wondering, I am sure I rooted the phone, basically I can browse the system folders but says failed to paste over the file already there... the fact that I can browse the folders, does that mean that it is definitely rooted?

Thanks

I did it this way:

-reboot the phone in recovery mode

-"adb shell" in cmd

-"mount -o rw /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system" in the shell, to mount the /system partition read&write

-"exit" the shell

-"adb push f:/libhgl.so /system/lib/libhgl.so" in cmd to transfer the file! f:/libhgl.so is the directory on ur system, where the libhgl is placed!

That's it. Reboot the phone. The demos I tried (Light Racer 3D and Speed Forge 3D Demo) are running more smooth now.

Why does Huawei not put the right libraries onto the phone so we can play right away with factory defaults turned on. Again: Shame on you, Huawei.

PS: Thanks for the tip kam187.

U did exactly this?

@mapero

That's right. You have to go to recovery mode or else you can't mount the system partition with read/write permission. The file was on my f: drive on the pc. I pushed it with adb from the harddrive to the phone.

Ah right thats cleared things up, not done the enable write part..... Will do that tonight...

For anyone looking on info for ADB http://android-dls.com/wiki/index.php?title=ADB

Is the SDK backwards compatible or do I need the v1.5 specifically?

And am guessing, as soon as you come out of recovery mode then I woun't be able to write over system files right?

Edited by twe

Guest HunteronX

If you don't want to use adb, you can use EStrongs File Explorer (now free on the market) to copy the file libhgl.so to /system/lib/, but you have to have a rooted phone to make the system folder writable.

Firstly, once you've opened the app, change the settings in EStrongs File Explorer, by ticking the checkbox to enable 'Works as Super User'.

Next, go back, tap the directory path bar, and choose the icon with an 'RW' and folder underneath, to make the system folder writable.

Finally copy the file libhgl.so to /system/lib/ and you're done.

Sorry if this seems like a lot, but I did this, and it worked for me! :)

Hi HunteronX that is exactly what I tried before! But when I tick that box "Works as super user" it says "Sorry, your Android phone is not root permission enabled".....

However I have followed http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...cing-superboot/ and it even said writing okay on the blue screen so am not sure where I am going wrong now.

[i.e. Phone in Recovery mode > connect phone via usb to pc > as its windows I double click 'install-superboot-windows.bat' > says "Writing recovery (.... bytes) okay" in blue screen on phone > then I take the battery out, put it back in and switch the phone on

Guest HunteronX

Hi, does a root permissions screen come up; if so choose always allow.

If you've done this already and nothing works, sorry but i don't know anything more that could help you - but maybe you could ask Paul and see if he knows about anything that could help you. :)

Thanks will ask Paul. Yes when I try to copy over the file there are 4 options that appear when the app is trying to write to system32... Allow, Always allow, Deny, Always deny.... I choose Always allow and then a failed to copy message appears.

Guest HunteronX
Thanks will ask Paul. Yes when I try to copy over the file there are 4 options that appear when the app is trying to write to system32... Allow, Always allow, Deny, Always deny.... I choose Always allow and then a failed to copy message appears.

Alright then; hopefully your problem will be solved quickly! :)