Charger?

Guest twe

Just bought the T-Mobile Pulse after keeping an eye out on this forum for support :)

Was wondering if anyone has tried a different usb adaptor with a higher power output? Current one is rated at 400mA.... Would a higher rated one make any difference in the time it charges as I read it takes a long time to charge the phone? Thanks.

Just bought the T-Mobile Pulse after keeping an eye out on this forum for support :)

Was wondering if anyone has tried a different usb adaptor with a higher power output? Current one is rated at 400mA.... Would a higher rated one make any difference in the time it charges as I read it takes a long time to charge the phone? Thanks.

Not sure but guessing that you might be able to. One thing to remember is that it possibly takes longer because it has a higher rated battery, 1500mah if i remember correctly, compared to the G1 thats near enough 33% more capacity, might explain the longer charge times.

Thats good to know, I have a 1000mA usb charger spare so was tempted to try that :)

For reference I have the Xperia X1 which has a 1500mA battery and I think the 5800 I have also does, both are pretty quick at charging.

The Xperia X1 is micro usb, the adaptor plug says 5v 700mA, the 5800 isn't though.... However if you use a psp usb/power adaptor then you can charge it via usb.....

Hmmm my X1 isnt Micro USB. You sure your not getting confused between Micro USB and Mini USB?

You can see the difference here

http://www.intomobile.com/images/2007/05/2..._v8img_3995.jpg

Mini is on the Left, Micro is on the Right

• 1 month later...
Guest Ascona 400

I really do need a charger since I live in Sweden and the charger that was included with the Pulse is a bit hard use here.. :)

And using the computer to charge is really terribly slow..

So I checked around a bit and I saw that Nokia is using micro-USB for their newer phones and there is a charger that are called AC-10 (there is an AC-9 as well..)

Can I use the Nokia AC-10 charger for the Pulse?

Emil

In terms of current ratings, so long as the rated current on the charger is not less than that of the stock one, you should be fine.

Current is a bit funny. It is there when you need it, but there is no harm in connecting a 500mA phone to a 1A charger (phone will still only draw 500mA). You would have an issue though if you connected a 1A load to a 0.5A supply.

Equally, the Hero has a USB connector for charging (USB port on PC = 500mA) but the supplied mains charger is rated at 1A. As 1A > 0.5A, it will be fine.

Just be sensible about current loads, and remember, DO NOT FOLLOW THIS ADVICE FOR FUSES! (I know it's totally different, but remember to use correct fuse values for safety! A 13A fuse for a 20W lamp will still work, but don't do it, as there is too much potential for a short circuit to get out of hand and cause a fire.

Hope this helps. These suggestions seem fine, so long as current ratings are OK.

So what is the highest AMP plug we could possibly use with the phone 1500mA?

Well, there's no hard and fast rule, but I don't think there would be much point in above 1A, as the Hero will only draw 1A AFAIK.

Guest le_lutin
Well, there's no hard and fast rule, but I don't think there would be much point in above 1A, as the Hero will only draw 1A AFAIK.

For give my ignorance, but why would the manufacturer bundle a slow charger with the device when presumably they could have bundled a fast charger?

Guest meinnit
For give my ignorance, but why would the manufacturer bundle a slow charger with the device when presumably they could have bundled a fast charger?

Price most likely. This is a budget phone

Guest meinnit

Ok I received my charger on Saturday and tried it out for a bit. I noticed that the touch screen was very funny whilst using this charger. When I was using the on screen keyboard the keys sometimes get pressed 2 or 3 times, so if I press E, it would type EE or even EEE. This happened on quite a few occasions so I decided to go back to the old charger.

This might have something to do with the grounding of the touchscreen. Or is there another explanation for this strange behaviour?

Guest meinnit
Ok I received my charger on Saturday and tried it out for a bit. I noticed that the touch screen was very funny whilst using this charger. When I was using the on screen keyboard the keys sometimes get pressed 2 or 3 times, so if I press E, it would type EE or even EEE. This happened on quite a few occasions so I decided to go back to the old charger.

This might have something to do with the grounding of the touchscreen. Or is there another explanation for this strange behaviour?

Anyone with a 1000mA charger notice any of these symptoms?

Guest Minus616

I have the black charger from ebay, I get the same effect on my touchscreen.

Really weird.

Guest meinnit
I have the black charger from ebay, I get the same effect on my touchscreen.

Really weird.

Thanks for that! Thought it was just me! Might have to send it back for a refund and try the iPhone charger. Anyone know how much you can get that for?

Guest Minus616
Thanks for that! Thought it was just me! Might have to send it back for a refund and try the iPhone charger. Anyone know how much you can get that for?

I think i'm going to stick with mine, it was only £2.50 after all :)

Guest meinnit

Ok I just bought this charger instore from Sainsburys for £6.50...

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/sol/shop/techn...hnav=4294966717

Pricey I know but I thought that I'd just try it out and return it if I had the same problem but it turns out that this charger doesn't give the same problem as the other one. It has a useful coloured LED on the charger which turns RED when charging and GREEN when not charging.

Might keep this one unless someone can recommend a cheaper alternative that works!