After different SIM no Android apps?

Guest bas-r

I've just installed a Dutch SIM card in my UK Pulse, and now I cannot install Android apps anymore.

Installing the UK sim makes it work fine.

How can I solve this to get Android apps with my Dutch sim?

/EDIT installing with the UK Sim doesn't do the trick anymore. Do they 'know' now I've unlocked my phone? Do I need to reauthenticicate? What's the deal here?

Edited by bas-r

I've just installed a Dutch SIM card in my UK Pulse, and now I cannot install Android apps anymore.

Installing the UK sim makes it work fine.

How can I solve this to get Android apps with my Dutch sim?

/EDIT installing with the UK Sim doesn't do the trick anymore. Do they 'know' now I've unlocked my phone? Do I need to reauthenticicate? What's the deal here?

Sorry just got a quick couple of questions, is it that you cant download apps from the market place, or that you cannot install any apps?

If you have a downloaded app on your sd card can you do a manual install?

Sorry just got a quick couple of questions, is it that you cant download apps from the market place, or that you cannot install any apps?

If you have a downloaded app on your sd card can you do a manual install?

I couldn't install the apps from the makretplace anymore, I could download them but installing failed.

I 'fixed' this by emptying my sd-card, doing a factory-reset and reinstalling the modaco-rom, then had myself authenticated again in the marketplace and Voila, I could download And install any app again.

Don't know if I did something wrong, or what exactly was the problem, but it's working fine now, with my Dutch sim.

I couldn't install the apps from the makretplace anymore, I could download them but installing failed.

I 'fixed' this by emptying my sd-card, doing a factory-reset and reinstalling the modaco-rom, then had myself authenticated again in the marketplace and Voila, I could download And install any app again.

Don't know if I did something wrong, or what exactly was the problem, but it's working fine now, with my Dutch sim.

Well glad to hear that you managed to fix it! :)

Not so fast: now I'm trying to install an app from the market, and it f*ing fails again. About to throw this phone out of the window.

The *only* thing it tells me is: 'installation unsuccesful'. Where can I find the log files on this phone? How do I open up a terminal? Why don't I get a proper error message??

Getting very annoyed with this Iphone look-a-like.

/EDIT thinking about what I've done in between working/non-working state: I installed an app not through the market but through a direct download. What could've happened there?

Edited by bas-r

Not so fast: now I'm trying to install an app from the market, and it f*ing fails again. About to throw this phone out of the window.

The *only* thing it tells me is: 'installation unsuccesful'. Where can I find the log files on this phone? How do I open up a terminal? Why don't I get a proper error message??

Getting very annoyed with this Iphone look-a-like.

/EDIT thinking about what I've done in between working/non-working state: I installed an app not through the market but through a direct download. What could've happened there?

Try this to fix:

Use "Quick Boot" and start "Recovery Mode". If recovery image is booted use "repair ext filesystem".

I have this error often. I guess its because when i connect the Phone via USB to my PC(linux). The ext2 partition gets mounted, too. So its mounted on PC and on the Device, what could cause errors to the fs.

Try this to fix:

Use "Quick Boot" and start "Recovery Mode". If recovery image is booted use "repair ext filesystem".

I have this error often. I guess its because when i connect the Phone via USB to my PC(linux). The ext2 partition gets mounted, too. So its mounted on PC and on the Device, what could cause errors to the fs.

Thank you, will try.