Search By Voice Doesn't Work

Guest swatcheez

Guest swatcheez

After "starting up" being displayed when I launch google voice search - both on the search widget and the seperate app, it just immediately says Audio Problem in big at the top with a triangle with an exclamation mark under it, google search written in little, then the options of speak again and cancel.

What's gone wrong?

Is voice search not compatible with the pulse - as I have no other audio problems, sound recorder and calls work fine with the mic. (pretty good call quality too if you ask me)

It may be something to do with the sampling rates supported by the voice app and the phone. I don't think the pulse supports as many as other android phones. It may have been fixed in 1.6 or 2.0

Guest kevwright
It may be something to do with the sampling rates supported by the voice app and the phone. I don't think the pulse supports as many as other android phones. It may have been fixed in 1.6 or 2.0

This and other issues I have been having does suggest to me that sadly, Android could start going down the complicated WM route, with so many different specs that we get lots of this sort of thing.

Shame really, people knock Apple for the whole lock down control thing, but I am starting to think it is the best way.

Kev

This and other issues I have been having does suggest to me that sadly, Android could start going down the complicated WM route, with so many different specs that we get lots of this sort of thing.

Shame really, people knock Apple for the whole lock down control thing, but I am starting to think it is the best way.

Kev

Well the beauty of Android is that it can be as complicated or a simple as you want it to be, this is something that the iphone also offers (once jailbroken).

You dont have to mod or use cooked ROM's but they allow you to do things that you wouldnt normally do. The Android platform is the ultimate platform for modding and tweaking as you have so much flexibility within it. A good example of this would be looking at XDA and the Dream Dev thread.

Its each to their own though i guess.