Pulse does not sync emails properly

Guest Aton

Guest pmw1971
That is for POP3 and IMAP email accounts, if you have a gmail or googlemail account you don't use the email app to access it, you use the gmail app. Google has its own version of push email, contact and calendat sync which is what everyone is talking about. Sync settings for these are found in the data synchronization page in settings.

EDIT: You set gmail to poll your regular email accounts and then push any new mail it finds out to your phone, but you need to set up your other accounts through the gmail website, not the phone app.

Ahh right..see I did say I might be missing something ;)

Thanks for the explanation tho.

PmW

• 2 weeks later...
Is the pulse running the December update?

This seemed to make push E-Mail work a bit better.

I don't believe it is no, though I'm off over there later so I'll have a look.

How do you update these Android phones? Over the air? I'm afraid I'm an iPhone guy myself, so I'm feeling my way around the whole thing :)

Merry Christmas by the way!

Guest Alien*46*UK

Merry Christmas to yourself too :) ...

And for the update (Copied from Pauls Vanilla ROM post):

* Download the update file

* Unzip the downloaded file to a location of your choice on your computer 

* Copy the “dload” folder and all its contents to the root directory of your microSD card

* Insert the microSD card back into your device

* On your device select Settings -> SD card -> Phone Storage -> Upgrade

* The upgrade process will give you several warnings which you need to confirm to continue - then press the Upgrade option to begin the update

* As the update progresses you will see several screens along with a progress bar

* Once complete you will see a confirmation screen, and your Pulse will automatically restart

UPDATE ZIP HERE

It's advisable to do a backup beforehand, but I never did as I wanted the latest RA install anyway and worked just peachy.

Edited by Alien*46*UK