[REF] Cooking info, kitchen, tools, etc ....

Guest rodrigofd

Guest rodrigofd

Okay now i only have 3 things remaining to release first Lite02 version :

1. Camera hard button opens camera application, but deeper-press doesn't fire picture/video recording/stop. Other hard keys work fine.

My bet is that ezInput 2.1 is the responsible (i know there is a 1.5 in the forum but i wont cook 1.5).

2. By taking out samsung messaging, MMS function got lost. I have 2 options: leave it like that (lets be HONEST: how many of you really care about MMS with this kind of phone?) .. and second, cook in Arcsoft MMS that someone provide me... its some work, though, to do it

3. IE Flashlite isnt working. Im on to that...

I've been testing in real-life for some hours, and up to now, phone, 3g, messaging, IExplore, work fine... GPS actually works INCREDIBLE (cold start in less than a minute, 8 sattelite locks in little cloudy day) :D BTW this release should be paired with Secany's phone part.

For the ones that are really waiting for release, i estimate finishing it on 3-4 hours from now, and an additional 1 hour to upload (110 MB compressed).

Support my work! :(

Edited by rodrigofd

Guest forelli

Thanks to all people contributing to this project.

Thanks to the chefs, and specially to Sorg for guiding the chefs in the right direction: instead of giving something ready to use, he gives advice on how to do it, which is a tutorial at the same time, even better than uploading and sharing his custom rom. Like we say: bravo l'artiste!

forelli

Guest rodrigofd
Thanks to all people contributing to this project.

Thanks to the chefs, and specially to Sorg for guiding the chefs in the right direction: instead of giving something ready to use, he gives advice on how to do it, which is a tutorial at the same time, even better than uploading and sharing his custom rom. Like we say: bravo l'artiste!

forelli

I really need to make my point on this matter: not having anything personal against Sorg, i believe your comment is not entirely accurate.

This project is being achieved thanks to a lot of uninterested, generous and talented people: Weisun from Pdaclan, Pako777, Khuanchai, and others.... people that contributed a lot in translations and experimenting like Lancez, Kstan, Wilson @ China, tacchan23, ... and people that gave enormous amounts of their personal time to this matter, like WES58 ....

It was exactly Sorg whom, being the first, and undoubtly the most talented and who has the most knowledge in this, the one that decided not contributing in this collaborative project, that consists of knowledge and material free exchange. While respecting his posture (everyone is free to behave as they believe is correct) i really hope he decide to share with us remaining aspects, like WM porting / reloc.

He did not point the right direction regarding NB0 file structure, IMGFS dumping, repackaging, etc., which was basically a gift from the chinese pals, so lets give each credit to whom correspond :D

'Nough said..

PD. PLEEEASE DO NOT contribute in turning this thread into a 'ethical' discussion. let's stick to the topic: a proper custom rom release :(

Edited by rodrigofd

Guest carreab

1. Camera hard button opens camera application, but deeper-press doesn't fire picture/video recording/stop. Other hard keys work fine.

My bet is that ezInput 2.1 is the responsible (i know there is a 1.5 in the forum but i wont cook 1.5).

2. By taking out samsung messaging, MMS function got lost. I have 2 options: leave it like that (lets be HONEST: how many of you really care about MMS with this kind of phone?) .. and second, cook in Arcsoft MMS that someone provide me... its some work, though, to do it

I've been testing in real-life for some hours, and up to now, phone, 3g, messaging, IExplore, work fine... GPS actually works INCREDIBLE (cold start in less than a minute, 8 sattelite locks in little cloudy day) :D BTW this release should be paired with Secany's phone part.

For the ones that are really waiting for release, i estimate finishing it on 3-4 hours from now, and an additional 1 hour to upload (110 MB compressed).

I think the et9 vers.2.1 dissable the camera button.

Good work, seems your ROM will rock our O2.

SUPPORT 1

Guest Michael Pang

don't mind to mention the os build? will 6.5.x in this release or future release?

cheers.

many thanks for all you and the team contribution!!!

Guest rodrigofd
don't mind to mention the os build? will 6.5.x in this release or future release?

cheers.

many thanks for all you and the team contribution!!!

Yes, os build WILL REMAIN stock one, i am working based on K5 rom, so WM build will be CE OS 5.2.21872 (Build 21872.5.0.71).

By the way, I recommend using my rom with Phone firmware version I8000XXIK3 (find it in Secany's thread, it's the one that comes with the IK5 PDA ROM).

I hope to port to WM 6.5.1 or WM 6.5.3, but for that i need to figure out a rellocation/xip issue that i have failed to do so, for weeks now, and the only one with that knowledge currently is Sorg.

Thx to you all for the support and kind words...

Hi rodrigofd, would you be kind enough to replace the WINCE.nls so that we (in Hong Kong) can select Hong Kong in the regional setting?

The file can be find here. It is from I8000 Hong Kong ROM.

http://rapidshare.com/files/314844215/HKGnls.cab

I do use MMS, but removing video call and mms sounds like it's turning my phone into an iphone >_>

But actually it's alright, since Arcsoft can be installed a a cab, leaving it out would be good for ppl who don't mms and those that do can install anytime!

Hope the ezinput/camera issues wouldn't be too much pain!

And thanks once again for the hard work ;)

Thanks, I am not expert, but reading from internet, it shouldn't ;-). I beleive you just need to replace the wince.nls file in the cab should be ok. Don't need the reloadnls.exe.

Thanks again for your kindness ;-)

No problem dude :D i hope that it doesn't interfere with the rest of languages/locales...
Edited by rlai

Guest tacchan23

1) from what I read ezInput v2.1 has problem with the camera button and it's not been solved yet... so maybe, for the time being, might be better to take it off and leave the orignal samsung keyboard?

2) is it possible, maybe not now but in near future, to make a cab of the samsung message application? that would allow people to have it if they want.

About Arcsoft MMS I think it would be better to let it be installed as a cab too? no need to cook it into the rom.

I found a cab for it but I'm not exactly sure if it's freeware or what... it seems freeware, but on the official site I can't even find it... anybodu could clarify? in case we can post it here along the ROM

@RFD

hows it going with the ROM? i read some posts over kingmobile that Gigges had same problems with removing MMS/SMS. but if it is going to be a pain, u might wanna just leave it as it was. a lot of us r waiting for ur "naked" ROM...... :D

donation is on the way: 0KN54865VU4307458

6N133856WE874504U

cheers

Edited by Lancez

Guest rodrigofd
@RFD

hows it going with the ROM? i read some posts over kingmobile that Gigges had same problems with removing MMS/SMS. but if it is going to be a pain, u might wanna just leave it as it was. a lot of us r waiting for ur "naked" ROM...... ;)

donation is on the way: 0KN54865VU4307458

6N133856WE874504U

cheers

Just checked donation ! Can't thank you enough ! Very generous and kind of you Lancez, :(

I removed successfully SMS/MMS...

The only big issue left is camera button, is a pain in the ass :D ... maybe release it with MS default keyboard?

Just checked donation ! Can't thank you enough ! Very generous and kind of you Lancez, :(

The only big issue left is camera button, is a pain in the ass :D ... maybe release it with MS default keyboard?

for me it's ok to leave the microsoft keyboard I have some other keyboards to install touchpal or older version of EzInput let's leave us this trouble all of us can better help you testing the better keyboard to install on our device.. ;)

Edited by kibiwi

Guest mr fantastic

I think that keyboard from Samsung is quite good for daily use with bigger buttons compared to HTC's one

I think that keyboard from Samsung is quite good for daily use with bigger buttons compared to HTC's one

RFD you are working hard to make o2 a better device don't mind to release a perfect ROM on my side it's enough to release a ROM as small as possible even without keyboard then all the community can help you testing the best apps to install on the device so don't leave all work weigh on your shoulder...let us give a hand I would be very happy if I could... :D

Guest rodrigofd
RFD you are working hard to make o2 a better device don't mind to release a perfect ROM on my side it's enough to release a ROM as small as possible even without keyboard then all the community can help you testing the best apps to install on the device so don't leave all work weigh on your shoulder...let us give a hand I would be very happy if I could... :D

Thx, two questions , let's see if somebody more experienced knows:

How do i cook default wallpaper? i tried lot of ways but no luck.

I replaced PowerOn.wav and PowerOff.wav with my own but they aren't played. maybe shoudl be the same bitrate as original ?

ur very welcome. matter of fact, all of us r really gratefull that our community have such talented people like u, khuanchai, wes58, etc........ about the ROM, i think u could just do whatever u feel comfortable for a start and upload it ASAP (i just cant wait to flash the ROM, lol)

P.S. maybe u could upload some of ur HTC stuff too? thanks again for ur great work.