[REF] Cooking info, kitchen, tools, etc ....

Guest rodrigofd

Guest emperorben

Amazing stuff, rodrigofd! Is the TF3D2.5 smooth?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE A HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT TO MAKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont no how damn i did it, !!! but i managed to cook a FULLY working HTC HD 2 ROM in my Omnia 2 I8000 !!!!!!

THIS INCLUDES: htc phone canvas, htc connection manager, htc wifi sharing, message/notification/menu enhancements, EZINPUT 2.1

aaaaand:

Touch Flo 3D 2.5 HTC SENSE LAST SHIPPED VERSION with all applets fully working!!!!!!!!

:D :(:D:D

Guest rodrigofd

I wont upload it too fast since i want to assure everything works properly . Releasing something rushed, untested, is simply not my style ;) .

I perfectly understand your urge to have it since i would be in the same situation if it was me..

Certainly it was unexpected to have it fully working, i had really little hope, but seems i got very lucky.

Some notes: when i release the ROMs, i'll release both at the same time: the ultra-lite clean rom, for everyone to install and use their own choice of components, and the fully fully 'htcized' rom :D ... i am very happy with my work since my ultimate dream was this: HD2 software running in O2

hardware... and i believe there are many others sharing my thoughts.

You should now, though, that all running HTC software is pretty heavy, so expect no much memory in every sense, if you run the full htc rom.

Besides, it is REALLY difficult to use just 'some' HD2 components, since they are all really VERY dependent on each other.

So , it is much of a -> either full htc, or clean naked rom... you do can have some htc componets, like conn manager, ezinput (camera button issue pending to be fixed) .... we'll see....

I have , though, one very honest dilema now: this is the first time i invest extremely huge amounts of time and effort in developing for phones.

This was the fruit of an extensive work, and i feel that once i upload it, people just download it and 'that's it'... they really don't care (most of them) . Somehow i understand thoughts of people like sorg, etc..... :D

I have to state, though, i received an extremely generous and sincere donations up to now, from Lancez and others (please very sorry i don't name you but i don't know yet which are your usernames!)

First versions coming very soon... stay tuned!!:(

P.D. a huge amount of credit should be thanked to Ginkage since he is one of the genius minds that contributed to make all this possible, with his LibGLES wrapper....

Also, if one of the other geniuses around, Chainfire, wants to contribute in the future releasing HTC Sensor2 wrapper, and digital compass wrapper (that is, libraries that translate HTC sensors & digital compass to the samsung omnia2 APIs) , then we'll have even more software working in our O2ses....

:D

Edited by rodrigofd

I have , though, one very honest dilemma now: this is the first time i invest extremely huge amounts of time and effort in developing for phones.

This was the fruit of an extensive work, and i feel that once i upload it, people just download it and 'that's it'... they really don't care (most of them) . Somehow i understand thoughts of people like sorg, etc..... ;)

Let's face it, it might be true, which most probably is but as you've mentioned not all of us are the same, personally I'll buy you a case of beer rather than just one beer :D

Your (you and others who have been involved) efforts won't go unnoticed! That's for sure :(

Edited by iWiNMo

Guest Gary Crutcher

This is really great news!!!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! for all your hard work.

I know many people on this forum appreciate all the hard work

you and others do to help improve our mobile phone experiences.

Words cannot begin to explain how grateful I am for you hard work.

Thank you!!!! :D

Guest diverdude

"First versions coming very soon... stay tuned!!:D"

Mr. Rodrigofd, There are so many of us sitting by our computers waiting for sooo long now. Could you please let us know if "very soon" means a few minutes or a few hours or is it going to be a few more days? I mean no disrespect because I understand how much work it took you to finely have success. We are so excited to use the new Rom but it is very hard to wait. Congratulations to you for your fine work.

I have donated a few days ago under the name cjdiverman. I believe in paying respects (as I have written about in the past) with a little green, so that you will feel appreciated. It sounds like a few others have also said thank you with some beer money too. I hope you know that many of us are truely thankful for your efforts. Please tell us if we should wait by our computers still tonight or check in tomorrow. Thanks Again!!!! Diver

Edited by diverdude

Guest jacklivehere
Let's face it, it might be true, which most probably is but as you've mentioned not all of us are the same, personally I'll buy you a case of beer rather than just one beer :(

Your (you and others who have been involved) efforts won't go unnoticed! That's for sure ;)

me too :D

Guest Gary Crutcher

RFD,

Just sent a donation (aka 40millionbaht.com).

Confirmation number: 5YY583511L132453H

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Guest tacchan23
Some notes: when i release the ROMs, i'll release both at the same time:

Omg, I need to borrow/buy another Omnia2 so I can try both ROM at the same time! :D

Guest dgmorland

You guys never fail to amaze me being able to reverse engineer things as complex as this. There are some very talented people in the winmo 'modifying' community. If companies like Samsung recruited guys like you, imagine what could be possible!

Guest Khuanchai
Thx Khuanchai, actually i had a bug in the re-write of BuildOS, which fails with initflashfiles.dat... i am fixing it right now :D

Also, kind of frustrated of not being able to use ezInput 2.1., because of camera issue :@

That's OK. How about the relocation issue? I still get stuck on this even with the new version uploaded by wes. Have you passed this hurdle yet?

I'm on the traveling but always try to catch up your work whenever I can hoop yo to the net.

Guest rodrigofd
That's OK. How about the relocation issue? I still get stuck on this even with the new version uploaded by wes. Have you passed this hurdle yet?

I'm on the traveling but always try to catch up your work whenever I can hoop yo to the net.

On regards relocation issue, i am just as stuck as you.. I also got excited because of wes telling that the new version he found worked for him... but no luck for me... that is neither if keeping the exact dump, or porting to another wm version.. :(

good news is, that i invested endless hours, days and weeks to unveil the inmense 'oemapps' dump, and understand and figure out what does each file and registry value does.. so i basically have a clean-naked rom..

this not only means that i can provide an ultra lite ROM, but also, as i already have the knowledge learnt, i can fairly easy, elaborate lots of samsung cabs (dialer, keypad, messaging, etc etc)

bue even better news, as i wrote earlier, is that i managed to port all HTC HD 2 shipped version software, including latest manila 2.5 sense, and all other goodies, like youtube, .etcetc... only things that don't work are hardware-dependent ones, like tweeter app (HD2 uses a different dll, so chainfire wrapper doesnt' work here) .. digital compass (compass libraries are different among hd 2 and omnia2, we need a wrapper here).. camera, fm radio, and so on.. rest work excellent :D i actually feel like having an HTC HD2 in my hands.. but with a more confortable size and build, a much gorgeus screen, and much much better camera...

Edited by rodrigofd

Guest Michael Pang
On regards relocation issue, i am just as stuck as you.. I also got excited because of wes telling that the new version he found worked for him... but no luck for me... that is neither if keeping the exact dump, or porting to another wm version.. :(

good news is, that i invested endless hours, days and weeks to unveil the inmense 'oemapps' dump, and understand and figure out what does each file and registry value does.. so i basically have a clean-naked rom..

this not only means that i can provide an ultra lite ROM, but also, as i already have the knowledge learnt, i can fairly easy, elaborate lots of samsung cabs (dialer, keypad, messaging, etc etc)

bue even better news, as i wrote earlier, is that i managed to port all HTC HD 2 shipped version software, including latest manila 2.5 sense, and all other goodies, like youtube, .etcetc... only things that don't work are hardware-dependent ones, like tweeter app (HD2 uses a different dll, so chainfire wrapper doesnt' work here) .. digital compass (compass libraries are different among hd 2 and omnia2, we need a wrapper here).. camera, fm radio, and so on.. rest work excellent :D i actually feel like having an HTC HD2 in my hands.. but with a more confortable size and build, a much gorgeus screen, and much much better camera...

do you mind to share the information of the performance and memory available of the version with HD2 on your i8000?

Guest rodrigofd
do you mind to share the information of the performance and memory available of the version with HD2 on your i8000?

Sure... you should all keep in mind that is an extremely alpha-version experiment. HD2 software is not designed for this hardware, so it's already a 'miracle' that actually runs... in other words : keep expectations LOW...

That said:

While cooking almost 90% of files from HD2 shipped ROM, free storage memory keeps in a decent number: around 100 MB (very similar to an I8000 stock rom, like IK5),...

The big downside is free RAM : with all 'htc' mess running around, its around 20 MB .. :D ... but trust me, ITS WORTH IT, if you are into the 'eye candy' into the phone... if you are more of a practical-everyday-guy, you simply wouldnt be caring about manila or htc stuff.. ;)

Even so, my current clean-ROM doesnt get higher than 90 MB free RAM... and trust me, i ripped off A LOT of things, so there is still some 'room' for growth, if we figure out why samsung+WM6.5 is eating that much ram...

On behalf 'usability' and 'speed' ... 10/10 :D ... samsung hardware, helped by ginkage libgles wrapper, manages to run manila almost at real-time speed (i mean speed found on HD2) ... graphics are great too, though some texture gradients are a little choppy and i believe Chainfire can give a hand there, with his CFC knowledge and own tools....

i'll post shots and a youtube demo in a little while :( anyone can give me a hand in getting shots ? i dont have a clue on how to do it :D ironic isnt

Guest tacchan23
Sure... you should all keep in mind that is an extremely alpha-version experiment. HD2 software is not designed for this hardware, so it's already a 'miracle' that actually runs... in other words : keep expectations LOW...

That said:

While cooking almost 90% of files from HD2 shipped ROM, free storage memory keeps in a decent number: around 100 MB (very similar to an I8000 stock rom, like IK5),...

The big downside is free RAM : with all 'htc' mess running around, its around 20 MB .. :D ... but trust me, ITS WORTH IT, if you are into the 'eye candy' into the phone... if you are more of a practical-everyday-guy, you simply wouldnt be caring about manila or htc stuff.. ;)

Even so, my current clean-ROM doesnt get higher than 90 MB free RAM... and trust me, i ripped off A LOT of things, so there is still some 'room' for growth, if we figure out why samsung+WM6.5 is eating that much ram...

On behalf 'usability' and 'speed' ... 10/10 :D ... samsung hardware, helped by ginkage libgles wrapper, manages to run manila almost at real-time speed (i mean speed found on HD2) ... graphics are great too, though some texture gradients are a little choppy and i believe Chainfire can give a hand there, with his CFC knowledge and own tools....

i'll post shots and a youtube demo in a little while :( anyone can give me a hand in getting shots ? i dont have a clue on how to do it :D ironic isnt

You can use SPB screenshot http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-downlo...screenshot.html

And a question... how does the phone work with 20mb free ram? For me it's closing apps with 50mb free ram, so in the end maybe there's no difference? (meaning it will close apps anyway be it 20 or 50mb of free ram available)

Guest Khuanchai

That's great news indeed! Concerning Omnia and HD2 applications, it would be nice to make them to CAB's and people can install as needed. Just my opinion.

For the relocation issue, I asked wes why I failed following his suggestion. He just told me yesterday that he also got stuck with the relocation when he tried to repeat the process. I think we still lack this relocation knowledge and proper tool. ;)

Guest Michael Pang

That said:

to me, why that little of available memory on i8000, i suspect it is some how regarding to the pagepool the rom. the larger the pagepool size, the less available memory. is there anyway to find how much the pagepool of your rom is?

on the other hand may be we can use UPX to compress binary files to free more memory.

Edited by Michael Pang

Guest unholygid2006

That said:

hi bro.. btw when are u uploading the rom? hand itching to try it lol

That's great news indeed! Concerning Omnia and HD2 applications, it would be nice to make them to CAB's and people can install as needed. Just my opinion.

For the relocation issue, I asked wes why I failed following his suggestion. He just told me yesterday that he also got stuck with the relocation when he tried to repeat the process. I think we still lack this relocation knowledge and proper tool. :D

Have an ultralite ROM and cabs to install I think is the best way to a deep custumisation of the device. In this way everyone can search and test his own best settings...HD2 touchflo 3d is wonderful to see but somebody as RFD mentioned love much a minimalist device built with his favorite apps. Better in my view is to focus to this kind of scenario...

Guest rodrigofd
Hopefully its possible to save some ram by editing the registry to disable the htc phone canvas and message/notification/menu enhancements.

hmm better than that, better wait for CABs and install them over the lite rom...

the phone canvas will save you some 9 or 10 mb, ... but the others, just a tiny few...

All the HTC HD2 framework consists on many pieces, e.g. various services, that must be running for all other components to work.. The thing here is that everything is very inter-dependent.... so its not just 'i take this or that out' .. and so ...

BTW.. i have very little things buggy remaining to fix :

1. HTC Album doesnt load... no error msgs or anything

2. There is a little bug in GINKAGE LIBGLES wrapper (hey ! if you're reading this, PM me!) .... . when , during MANILA (-> OPENGL) , if the EZINPUT SIP is deployed (for example, when you have to type text in the 'search xx in internet from the internet tab, or the 'search contact' in contact picker).... Manila crashes...

In other similar situations (SIP deployed), the remaining screen gets resized down... both issues have to do with something about 'viewports' in the opengl wrapper.. but im fully sure that ginkage can workaround them when he can ...

3. Connection Manager can't handle bluetooth (strange since older htc connection manager packages did)

ehhm... well i am trying every tiny spot of the software, it's getting kind of great actually...

home tab, people tab, internet, twitter, music, settings, all work fine... with weather animations covering whole screen :D, location service, etc etc...

KIBIWI: yes, that would be ideal .. the problem there, is that in the case of HTC HD2 apps, they seem to work only when cooked-in... up to the day i managed to cook my first ROM, i tried lots and lots of experiments with HD2 packages, but they failed...so its not that simple as 'makings cabs for this or that'.....

a good example is EZINPUT 2.1.. it wasnt possible to run it, by using cabs..

Edited by rodrigofd

Guest tacchan23
KIBIWI: yes, that would be ideal .. the problem there, is that in the case of HTC HD2 apps, they seem to work only when cooked-in... up to the day i managed to cook my first ROM, i tried lots and lots of experiments with HD2 packages, but they failed...so its not that simple as 'makings cabs for this or that'.....

A question, so the problem with ezinput 2.1 and the camera button is solved in the "HD2 rom" but not in the ultra-lite rom?

it only works togheter with other HTC stuff?

Ok you're right but with the apps which run only if cooked if we have an ultralite ROM and the kitchen we can cook them if one consider an app useful otherwise we can have the choice not to have it...I have not so much experience in cooking but I believe this is possible after the kitchen is released :D

Edited by kibiwi

Guest rodrigofd
A question, so the problem with ezinput 2.1 and the camera button is solved in the "HD2 rom" but not in the ultra-lite rom?

it only works togheter with other HTC stuff?

Not exactly ... BUT i solved the camera issue... with a trick that someone suggested earlier.... i wrote a small program that calls the camera, changing the keyboard layout, and when the camera closes, restores the ezinput layout :D works like a charm