[REF] Cooking info, kitchen, tools, etc ....

Guest rodrigofd

Guest whiskeybro
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE A HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT TO MAKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont no how damn i did it, !!! but i managed to cook a FULLY working HTC HD 2 ROM in my Omnia 2 I8000 !!!!!!

THIS INCLUDES: htc phone canvas, htc connection manager, htc wifi sharing, message/notification/menu enhancements, EZINPUT 2.1

aaaaand:

Touch Flo 3D 2.5 HTC SENSE LAST SHIPPED VERSION with all applets fully working!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D

This is great news

donation on his way :( 6VS38230WH582351K

That's great news indeed! Concerning Omnia and HD2 applications, it would be nice to make them to CAB's and people can install as needed. Just my opinion.

For the relocation issue, I asked wes why I failed following his suggestion. He just told me yesterday that he also got stuck with the relocation when he tried to repeat the process. I think we still lack this relocation knowledge and proper tool. :D

Hi guys, yes unfortunately WMreloc didn't work for me after the first try (not sure if it was luck or what). Since then I wanted to see if G'Reloc is going to work (whether it was something with the way Samsung allocated virtual memory or not) so I put back WM6.1 rom (H5). The other reason that I wanted to go back to 6.1 is this low memory. I am using iGO 8.3 and the bluetooth at the same time and I noticed that sometimes on incoming call, the call was disconnected. 

I did try it, using the same batch file that was used for Omnia, and I saw that G'reloc moved addresses of some files and it works. So with WM 6.5 it must be something wrong with WMReloc. But strange thing is that when I looked at dump_memory file (when dumping original imgfs.bin) there weren't files that I thought should be there - like files associated with Windows Live.

But to get WM6.5 updates to newer versions we need to get WMReloc to work.

Guest rodrigofd
Hi guys, yes unfortunately WMreloc didn't work for me after the first try (not sure if it was luck or what). Since then I wanted to see if G'Reloc is going to work (whether it was something with the way Samsung allocated virtual memory or not) so I put back WM6.1 rom (H5). The other reason that I wanted to go back to 6.1 is this low memory. I am using iGO 8.3 and the bluetooth at the same time and I noticed that sometimes on incoming call, the call was disconnected.

I did try it, using the same batch file that was used for Omnia, and I saw that G'reloc moved addresses of some files and it works. So with WM 6.5 it must be something wrong with WMReloc. But strange thing is that when I looked at dump_memory file (when dumping original imgfs.bin) there weren't files that I thought should be there - like files associated with Windows Live.

But to get WM6.5 updates to newer versions we need to get WMReloc to work.

Hey Wes, during my experiments , i noticed something very interesting: after running WMRELOC thru the DUMP, inside the modules' folders, only the 'imageinfo.TXT' files were modified; 'imageinfo.bin' files were left untouched, at least according to file modified datetime.

could you investigate whether GRELOC, over WM 6.1, modifies the TXT or the BIN version of imageinfo??

Guest rodrigofd
Im just curious if with HD2 ROM, Omnia2 can handle video call?

How about multitouch in Opera and Album?

No to all , Video call is a hardware dependent feature, and besides, HD2 hasn't got videocall camera, if im not mistaken.

However, you could still use many HD2 features (including Manila 2.5) , and keeping the samsung dialer instead of HD2 dialer (and thus, keeping video call) .

As far as i know, omnia2 hardware doesn't and won't ever support multi touch. Actually, i suspect that the only app that i can't get working (HTC Album) doesn't work because it expects some kind of multi touch library .....

I thought of getting rid forever of htc album and cook in samsung album (which is pretty good actually)... what do you think??? shall i go this way? ..

i fixed the bluetooth issue... so , adding up to the album thingy, im almost there (99%)...

Guest Wilson@China
No to all , Video call is a hardware dependent feature, and besides, HD2 hasn't got videocall camera, if im not mistaken.

However, you could still use many HD2 features (including Manila 2.5) , and keeping the samsung dialer instead of HD2 dialer (and thus, keeping video call) .

As far as i know, omnia2 hardware doesn't and won't ever support multi touch. Actually, i suspect that the only app that i can't get working (HTC Album) doesn't work because it expects some kind of multi touch library .....

I thought of getting rid forever of htc album and cook in samsung album (which is pretty good actually)... what do you think??? shall i go this way? ..

i fixed the bluetooth issue... so , adding up to the album thingy, im almost there (99%)...

The combination is OK to me, but only one concern is the "excluding folder" setting, the concept should be "including folder" instead in my eyes. Anyhow, present is better than nothing. Please go ahead.

Guest tacchan23

Just my opinion:

the "HTC rom" you should try to do it as much as possible close to your preferences/needs/issues... with so many HTC apps to add and so many Samsung apps to remove/replace it's impossible to follow everyone personal ideas^^

Guest MaliciousKen

the photo tab on manila 2.5 not working as well ? or its just the photo album application itself?

On TF3d 1.3, I had a working photo tab displaying photos though i installed a version of htc album which can't be launched as well.

Guest Michael Pang

BTW, LEO ROM seems lack of HTC Task Manager. Don't you think we need to include this as well?

Edited by Michael Pang

Guest darkworldzz
IK5 TF3D ROM

Contiune..

3)Wi-Fi function is stable

4)But youTube videos loading malfunction.

youtube seems working for me.. but i cant play videos tho.. done some reading and it seems to be a prob wif flashlite package compatibility??

Hopes it will work in the htc ROM upcoming.. :D

Edited by darkworldzz

Guest Tylwith

maybe you can cook a non multitouch version of the album

youTube videos loading malfunction. : i remember that the client got country specific settings in the registry. ( you can find more information on xda )

Edited by Tylwith

Guest Michael Pang

just quick check the manila 2.5 port on ACER S200 (non htc band with 256 MB memory as well) http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=582986

the album is also not working in Release 1 and will be fixed in Release 2. I think we can try to borrow some skills from there. as we both are non mulit-touch screen with 256 MB memory

Guest rodrigofd

OKay, some answers...

The beta 2 of the Acer you posted me, still hasnt got the album working...

Photo tab 'runs', but it shows like there is no picture in my phone... i looked up a 'pictures folder' registry setting but can't find it.. anyone knows??

HTC Youtube app is fully working in my htc rom, with streaming and all :(

Task manager doesnt work.. there is nothing displayed at the right upper corner..

It is supposed that my Roms should also work in I8000L, but i make no guarantees of it working, neither of not damaging the phone (if you only flash PDA part, the risk is minimal though) ...

For the ones who donated me, i cant' express enough gratitude to you... i've been locked up rushing to get this working.. my eyes ache now :D but i'll thank personally to each of you .. Tacchan, you're probably right, i'll decide the combination in the end, but suggestions, specially for the 'functional' part, more than the 'taste' part, are very welcome..

Guest rodrigofd

BTW

I think i'll upload a beta clean-rom in an hour, but to show my grattitude to them, i'll offer it to the ones that donate with my work, FOR NOW... i 'll hope you all understand and this is not wrongly-seen...