[REF] Cooking info, kitchen, tools, etc ....

Guest rodrigofd

Guest rodrigofd
first thanks to all for your incredible work.I wanted to participate too but no time....

@rodrigofd

do you think that your "kitchen" will work on 6.1 rom?

Yes definetely, file structures seem similar...

Guest acastiyo

Congratulations guys!!!! Be sure there are many people like me following your progress as if it was a very good book!!!

I know how hard it is to work on things like this, but it is such an reward to finally make it!!

Thank you to you all!!

Guest TheGoDxxxx

yeah, would like to get that ultra slim too:)

btw, and sorry to go oftopic, could any of u guys comment on the

huge amount of "reserved" ram and the auto-closing issue? Is any

of that fixable by custom made roms?

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...d-50-of-it-ram/

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...s-auto-closing/

Edited by TheGoDxxxx

Guest diverdude
Not tried yet, but i assume it suffices with params -gdump, -llog.txt (and optionally -xxip.bin) ... yes? wes, which command line you used ?

Khuanchai... i am always working with single-language rom... i gave up multi-language maybe forever... too complex and unneccesary..

I assume you already figured it out, but rom_dump utility posted by SORG some posts earlier in this thread, creates a rom_dump.bin in storage card, which you can use as the 'PDA.OS.NB' file to unpack and cook your english-only rom , from your preferred multi-language-rom. Just need to add the proper 0x100 header, which i suppose you know too.

I am working based on english IK5 Secany ROM from last week, it seems its the most stable version so far...

EDIT:. very tempted to test it for a WM 6.5.3 build!!! but now i am trying out a Manila 2.5.. lets see

Mr. Rodrigofd,

Thank you sooooo much for your dedication and all your hard work. I would like to buy you a beer and maybe lunch too. I'm sure many others would also like to reward you in some small way also. Can you please post a paypal account where we could show our gratitude for all your efforts.

I'm sure there are more O-2 addicts following this thread then you can imagine. We miss flashing the lastest greatest custom Roms like we used to do with our O-1's. Looking back at the Omnia One threads we see 3 to 4 new Custom Roms come out every week. It's been so difficult watching the newest stuff come out for the O-1 and not be able to touch it for our O-2's! Now you will be the first to come out with a complete new public custom Rom for our O-2's.....You are making History Mr. Rodrigofd!! Thanks also to Master K for his mini M3D Rom, to Mr. Wes for his contribution, Mr. Secany for his SS Roms, and also to Master Sorg for his brilliance!!

I just felt like saying thank you and look forward to your new Rom creation. Please post a way (pay-pal) that we can show you a little love. :D

Regards, Diver

Edited by diverdude

Guest diverdude
RFD LiteO2 coming in couple hours :D

Also i'll might upload it thru MODACO so you don't have to deal with rapidsharess

RFD??? Sorry, not sure what you mean by this. Will this have Titanium, or M3D (what build), and what 6.5 build will you be using. I'm just excited to get your Rom and what you will be giving us. Thank You!

RFD??? Sorry, not sure what you mean by this. Will this have Titanium, or M3D (what build), and what 6.5 build will you be using. I'm just excited to get your Rom and what you will be giving us. Thank You!

RFD is short for RodrigoFD :D

RFD LiteO2 coming in couple hours :D

Also i'll might upload it thru MODACO so you don't have to deal with rapidsharess

s*** hot, lol.......dose it include ur HTC stuff?

Guest rodrigofd

Haha if i keep writing here i won't finish it ! :D

1) Thx Lancez RFD is my short name

2) WM will keep 6.5 build for now, (same as official) ... porting to other build doesnt work right yet.

3) I am still not sure how to cook it, but it'll probably be something like this:

Original Titanium (no samsung)

No Touchflo3D in first build... i currently have an old 2.5 build partially working, but what we really need here is help by Ginkage to tweak his great libgles wrapper to make last shipped LEO 2.5 manila compatible...

Samsung keypad replaced by ezInput 2.1 -> with text prediction & spellcheck & directional pads

Samsung dialer replaced by HTC Leo Dialer -> we loose video call here.. mind?

HTC Comm Manager

HTC Notification enhancement

Comment and vote about what to include... it is extremely personal, so i'll decide on my own at last, but opinions welcome...

Guest carreab

2) WM will keep 6.5 build for now, (same as official) ... porting to other build doesnt work right yet.

3) I am still not sure how to cook it, but it'll probably be something like this:

No Touchflo3D in first build... i currently have an old 2.5 build partially working, but what we really need here is help by Ginkage to tweak his great libgles wrapper to make last shipped LEO 2.5 manila compatible...

Samsung keypad replaced by ezInput 2.1 -> with text prediction & spellcheck & directional pads

HTC Comm Manager

Comment and vote about what to include... it is extremely personal, so i'll decide on my own at last, but opinions welcome...

Hi,

-ezinput, very usfall especialy with direction arrow

-prefer sam dialer, thou I don't use video call.

-other HTC are ok

well I can't decide on behalf the comunity, but I suggest to keep it lite as possible, don't bother your self, there are many CABS out there for whom neet what they need to use, IMHO.

appreciate you all for this great/unique works.

HTC Comm Manager

sounds great, RFD :( . an ultra lite ROM will be fantastic, we can pretty much install whatever we want based on that ROM. i dont mind to get Leo dialer,coz we dont have video calls here in the states. but other folks might want that, so i think it'll be better to make a CAB to fit everyone's needs. and, what about the samsung clock and canlender? they r kinda handy than WM default ones. thanks again for the great work.

Please don't make it too light -- keep camera app for instance, totally naked ROMs are tough to configure, keep also automatic connection settings (for different operators) please

Thanks for the hard work, RFD :D

Opinions on what to keep:

Samsung clock: contains alarm that can turn on phone.

samsung touch media player: i like it.. good video support and SRS WOWHD

Samsung unit converter: not important, but useful.

samsung phone dialer: required for video call, or maybe find some other skin that supports video call?? >_<

Opinions on what to add:

SRS WOW HD driver

Arcsoft MMS if samsung mms is removed..

multilingual font with CJK <-- not sure if ppl would appreciate this though..

and of course the many important registry tweaks like

smsnosentmsg

hideorientationui

hidesettings

etc!

hope to see your fruits of labor soon!!

and once again, thanks!

Guest carreab
sounds great, RFD :D . an ultra lite ROM will be fantastic, we can pretty much install whatever we want based on that ROM. i dont mind to get Leo dialer,coz we dont have video calls here in the states. but other folks might want that, so i think it'll be better to make a CAB to fit everyone's needs. and, what about the samsung clock and canlender? they r kinda handy than WM default ones. thanks again for the great work.

+1

Samsung clock/calendar are good finger frindly app, you can add event on the fly.

Guest rodrigofd
Thanks for the hard work, RFD :D

Opinions on what to keep:

Samsung clock: contains alarm that can turn on phone.

samsung touch media player: i like it.. good video support and SRS WOWHD

Samsung unit converter: not important, but useful.

samsung phone dialer: required for video call, or maybe find some other skin that supports video call?? >_<

Opinions on what to add:

SRS WOW HD driver

Arcsoft MMS if samsung mms is removed..

multilingual font with CJK <-- not sure if ppl would appreciate this though..

and of course the many important registry tweaks like

smsnosentmsg

hideorientationui

hidesettings

etc!

hope to see your fruits of labor soon!!

and once again, thanks!

Thx for feedback to all...

What i decided so far: ezinput will replace samsung keypad; i'll leave samsung apps

Can you save me work and provide me with Arcsoft MMS & SRS WOW ?

Thx

Guest diverdude

What i decided so far: ezinput will replace samsung keypad; i'll leave samsung apps

Thx

This is from Whiskeybro, credit goes to him. Hope this helps.

SRS_WOW_HD_OMNIA2.CAB ( 70.09K ) Number of downloads: 329

zip.gif Security_Off.cab ( 13.9K ) Number of downloads: 228

Guest Michael Pang

If possible, pls include

- latest net framework (I am not sure whether it is included by default)

- voice dial

- leave us to install our own opera mobile versionReally thanks

Edited by Michael Pang

I think an ultralite ROM is best, with that kind of ROM you are totally free to install the apps which one loves more...One last question with the ultralite ROM the RAM is few as only 80 mb after a soft reset?I hoped to free more RAM you can confirm this amount of free RAM?

Thx

Arcsoft reported to work with "all ppc" with VGA and WVGA at

http://www.4shared.com/file/142521164/120f..._52022_VGA.html

http://www.4shared.com/file/142538947/f74b..._MMS_52137.html

from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...ghlight=arcsoft

Hopefully this works.. I read that you need to install the 52022 version then install the 52137 after that.

Edited by powser

Guest MaliciousKen
I think an ultralite ROM is best, with that kind of ROM you are totally free to install the apps which one loves more...One last question with the ultralite ROM the RAM is few as only 80 mb after a soft reset?I hoped to free more RAM you can confirm this amount of free RAM?

I guess many others, including myself, are particularly concerned about the available ram. Hmmm ... hope we get more ram this time around =)

Edited by MaliciousKen

Guest rodrigofd

I have some thories regarding available RAM.. you should all know, anyway, there is a minimum thereshold imposed by WM 6.5 so dont make too big expectations.

I have decided to build 2 ROMs.. 1 ultra ultra ultra lite, i ripped off almost everything possible, in order each user can install their own components..

I left only components that cannot be replaced by any equivalent... e.g. OEM camera app, fm radio, etc. that are tight to hardware.

and a second ROM, customized to my tastes , which anyone that likes it can use it ...

EDIT 1. LiteO2 First build : 210 MB free storage / 90 MB free RAM... some bugs though.. working out

Edited by rodrigofd

Guest Michael Pang
I have some thories regarding available RAM.. you should all know, anyway, there is a minimum thereshold imposed by WM 6.5 so dont make too big expectations.

I have decided to build 2 ROMs.. 1 ultra ultra ultra lite, i ripped off almost everything possible, in order each user can install their own components..

I left only components that cannot be replaced by any equivalent... e.g. OEM camera app, fm radio, etc. that are tight to hardware.

and a second ROM, customized to my tastes , which anyone that likes it can use it ...

EDIT 1. LiteO2 First build : 210 MB free storage / 90 MB free RAM... some bugs though.. working out

will you include touchflo3d in your own taste rom?