Phonepad

Guest nmayer79

Guest nmayer79

After i installed htc keypads i went to input settings and set it to htc phonepad but it immediately went back to xt9 keyboard. using cooked rom so i had already installed the cab for i910 xt9 keyboard. I went to remove programs and uninstalled i910 keyboard, it said to restart to complete uninstall, i did and now i have a 200 dollar paperweight!! it turns on, gets to welcome screen and stays there with the loading bar still moving. After a min or two screen turns off and will only respond to a soft reset or taking battery out. In both cases it just does the same exact thing all over again???? I can only hope that reflashing will solve this issue although i am at school and can do nothing about it for another 8 hours or so till i get home. Any one have any suggestions onhow to prevent this from happening again????? Any help/advice would be appreciated!!

All i really want is to have the option to use phonepad(3 letters to a button). If anyone knows if htc will work with cooked 6.5 rom please let me know. it installed fine, it was when i uninstalled the i910 keyboard cab(i put on separate) that i bricked my phone.

Edited by nmayer79

Guest big_mike_2k6

you didnt brick the phone just do a hard reset (hold the talk and end buttons and push the reset button) and it should boot back up. i had that issue when i first tried one of wozzers roms. i installed the original keyboard and then the phone wouldnt boot back up but after the hard rest it was fine. so basically the problem lies in the original keyboard i assume

Guest nmayer79
you didnt brick the phone just do a hard reset (hold the talk and end buttons and push the reset button) and it should boot back up. i had that issue when i first tried one of wozzers roms. i installed the original keyboard and then the phone wouldnt boot back up but after the hard rest it was fine. so basically the problem lies in the original keyboard i assume

Yes but i had to find and install original keyboard, the problem was it wouldnt give option to use samsung phonepad which is why i installed the htc one. Problem was when i uninstalled samsung keyboard. Is it possible to hard reset when phone wont even boot??? Thanks for the reply, flashing now to Carbon omega and starting all over. Anyone know how i can get ANY phonepad on here?????????

Solved thanks to everyone here's help.... it was so simple i could just tattoo newb on my forehead :)

Edited by nmayer79