Gmail issues

Guest Aton

Hi,

Gmail is my main email app on the pc. This is why I bought a pulse. I wanted to have unlimited access to my mails. So of course I thought that I could attach any kind of file to an email that I want to send. But the only files I can attach out of the gmail app are pictures. I can send other files, but only from the file itself by browsing it outside the gmail app. So when I want to send a buddy some more files (no pictures) I have to send many different emails, because I cant attach a file and then attach another file (again, no picture).

Now some more strange stuff. There is another email app on the pulse preinstalled. I set up my Hotmail account and tried to send an email from there. And guess what, I could attach any file I want just by browsing the filestructure from inside the email app.

That's very inconvenient. Is there another way to attach more files to a gmail email?

I think it's due to the weird design of gmail. Posssibly (I could be making this up) it says to android: "Open an app that will let the user select a file", and the only default one is the gallery. There is a similar problem for downloading files from the browser.

You may be able to fix it by installing a file manager (try a few) from the market.