S3C6410 Overclocking Tool: Need Omnia II/Louvre Testers

Guest daskalos

Guest superoy
Made a new tool S3Clock which will keep your cpu settings... after sleep mode

There is no CAB installation for this initial version for the moment, a simple executable file and 3 registry keys to set the values... read the readme.txt in archive

This tool is made with Visual C++ 2008, i think without .NET (not sure about that, sometimes i hate microsoft :)

http://tanguy.ath.cx/index.php?q=GPIOgfx

thx Epsylon3

after I set the O/C program to 475, which is overclock to 950, very stable, than I run the S3Clock.exe, nothing happen, after the sleep mode, the setting goes back to 400

>_<

there are no values created, what is created is the folder and a "Default" key, other than that nothing.

I bassically launched the exe but nothing actually "happens", something I'm doing wrong?

Guest superoy
there are no values created, what is created is the folder and a "Default" key, other than that nothing.

I bassically launched the exe but nothing actually "happens", something I'm doing wrong?

yes, me too

the S3CLOCK folder was created, but nothing inside

Guest Epsylon3
yes, me too

the S3CLOCK folder was created, but nothing inside

weird... hmmm... so here are the keys (DWORD) :

APLL_MDIV << ARM Clock (same value as APLL in GPIO Tool)

MPLL_MDIV << MAIN Clock (same value as MPLL in GPIO Tool)

ENABLED = 0/1 << Checkbox

Edited by Epsylon3

Guest Epsylon3
thx Epsylon3

after I set the O/C program to 475, which is overclock to 950, very stable, than I run the S3Clock.exe, nothing happen, after the sleep mode, the setting goes back to 400

>_<

there is maybe an explanation... could you tell me the value written after the "state on", its maybe not the same as M900...

Guest superoy
weird... hmmm... so here are the keys (DWORD) :

APLL_MDIV << ARM Clock (same value as APLL in GPIO Tool)

MPLL_MDIV << MAIN Clock (same value as MPLL in GPIO Tool)

ENABLED = 0/1 << Checkbox

not working, evening I ass the DWORD manually, after wake up, goes back to 800 again......dont know why

Guest bluhound

@Epsylon3

Managed to get it working. Now one question, since I have managed to find a safe overclock value for my phone, is it possible to run only the S3Clock tool and uninstall gpiofx or the two apps depends on each other?

EDIT: I have just did a soft reset on my phone and the S3Clock tool no longer worked (The error with "Send" and "Don't Send" screen pops up). After running FPUEnabler though, it worked but not stable. It randomly crashes device.exe, chomemanager.exe and manila.exe. Same goes for GPIOfx 1.2d. This is all done with APLL of 400 both in GPIOfx and registry for S3Clock (stock speed of 800Mhz).

Edited by bluhound

Guest dwallersv
Mhz's increased big or not, the point is he made the effort of making the tool compatible with O2, even if he does not own an O2. Why can't people just be thankful that someone is making an effort in making some possible improvements, without asking anything in return...

The answer to this is very simple: Because some people themselves are tools. In the pejorative American Slang sense.

They are best ignored, and usually go away.

For my part, megathanks to Epsylon3. And I haven't even tried it yet. That will no longer be true in about 1 minute... :)

Guest jacobgong

Lol before I got my i8000 I was asking on a forum (though I don't listen to others 99% of the time, I still ask for opinions so I revise my choice).

I was asking if it's good and all that, and I also joked if you could overclock a phone and it was instantly denied as expected, part of the reason why I don't listen to others.

I knew it was possible since these processors are "underclockable" and has variable voltage as i have learned.

I'm not particularly worried about heat though I run a 50% overclocked desktop CPU because I know my notebook CPu is like always 80degrees+, and that's if my phone gets that hot, damaging the CPU would not be my primary concern XD.

I appreciate your efforts but i would like to know if it is possible to maintain the clock without a background process, or just an auto-start, small one. because it would be inconvenient and not too useful if you have to run a program and overclock every time just to get some "smoothness".

because afterall, I don't expect anything significant from a 800~1000 25% overclock.

Guest Epsylon3
Lol before I got my i8000 I was asking on a forum (though I don't listen to others 99% of the time, I still ask for opinions so I revise my choice).

I was asking if it's good and all that, and I also joked if you could overclock a phone and it was instantly denied as expected, part of the reason why I don't listen to others.

I knew it was possible since these processors are "underclockable" and has variable voltage as i have learned.

I'm not particularly worried about heat though I run a 50% overclocked desktop CPU because I know my notebook CPu is like always 80degrees+, and that's if my phone gets that hot, damaging the CPU would not be my primary concern XD.

I appreciate your efforts but i would like to know if it is possible to maintain the clock without a background process, or just an auto-start, small one. because it would be inconvenient and not too useful if you have to run a program and overclock every time just to get some "smoothness".

because afterall, I don't expect anything significant from a 800~1000 25% overclock.

I'm sure there is a core driver in the system which have this frequency... and can maybe be patched, like the pagepool... but this new tool is very tiny in memory, and i will try later to set it less visible, maybe as a driver...

so, could you confirm me the new tool is working for somebody, and which device/os version do you have in this case...

Guest hameedx

Great tool! Was able to OC my i8000.

Tried to push it over 1000Mhz and crashed my phone. Lost the internal storage too. Had to hard reset to get internal storage back.

• 3 weeks later...
Great tool! Was able to OC my i8000.

Tried to push it over 1000Mhz and crashed my phone. Lost the internal storage too. Had to hard reset to get internal storage back.

Steady at 950 mhz. I don't know what the stock mpll is supposed to be, but I set it to 390. Coupled with FPU Enabler, it's much, much faster. It's most noticeable in web browsing and running Copilot. Copilot opens in less than half the time it used to. But overall everything is just snappier. Only issue I have is that S3Clock doesn't keep the frequency setting after waking the device up, even if that option is checked. Maybe it has to be left open to automatically reset, but it changes the soft keys if only hidden and not closed.

0efdc8c2-6434-42a5-a411-e61a2ea95d0.jpg

I can get to 500x2 (1Ghz).

is it possible to make te omnia 2 even faster...?

and can somebody help with FPUenabler?

it closes when i click it away or when i lock the phone.

To keep it open, hold middle button to bring up task switcher then hold ok/close button on left of handset to go back to today screen.

Edited by Snow02

Guest Nicobliss

hello everybody!

link to GPIOGFX Tanguy seems broken ... someone could upload the S3clock and tools to overclock my omnia? (if possible other that Rapidshare, which poses problems for me)

for all, thank you!

PS. sorry for my poor english !

Guest alaamac199
Steady at 950 mhz. I don't know what the stock mpll is supposed to be, but I set it to 390. Coupled with FPU Enabler, it's much, much faster. It's most noticeable in web browsing and running Copilot. Copilot opens in less than half the time it used to. But overall everything is just snappier. Only issue I have is that S3Clock doesn't keep the frequency setting after waking the device up, even if that option is checked. Maybe it has to be left open to automatically reset, but it changes the soft keys if only hidden and not closed.

0efdc8c2-6434-42a5-a411-e61a2ea95d0.jpg

Thanks amazing !! it even took down the HD2 !!!

by the way .. the stock mpl is 388*0.5 (cuz I didn't play with it and this is the number I have)

Guest robomilo

Great! Just managed to sort it all out including s3clock. All works apart from my o2 is only really stable at 850, but it still such an improvement.

Thanks guy's so much.

Guest Alt Bass

Great thanks, Epsylon3 (or Tanguy). You made aa great tool for a nice CPU.

It's a pity i can't useit. B) Neither S3Clock, nor GPIOgfx are working on my device.

Not to blame your apps, it's not running Windows Mobile. :D

GPIOgfx starts, but isn't able to do anything, it crashes on any try to set any clock.

S3Clock doesn't create any DWORDs in it's key.

The device is a chinese netbook built upon SMDK6410 with 667 MHz S3C6410 (yes, I'm sure) and runs Windows CE 6.0 R2. :)

What can help to OC it?

Guest Epsylon3
GPIOgfx starts, but isn't able to do anything, it crashes on any try to set any clock.

S3Clock doesn't create any DWORDs in it's key.

The device is a chinese netbook built upon SMDK6410 with 667 MHz S3C6410 (yes, I'm sure) and runs Windows CE 6.0 R2. :)

What can help to OC it?

Paste the gpiotool debug tab content here...

S3Clock never create registry keys, it's read only... from gpiotool settings