My HTC Hero & me

Guest Ciklamen

Guest Ciklamen

Hello everybody.

Since i'm a complete retard about updating these newer phones, so i'm turning to you guys.

So can someone please help me out by pointing out good ROM's that look fairly genuine to the original one? And if there is no installation guide provided, can someone guide me through please?

Thank you all so much, would very much appreciate it :D

Guest shenshang

theunlockr.com

go to the hero section and use the downgrade method then the root hero in 1 click to get to modaco 2.9 custom rom. i think modaco is the best one atm, its the fastest and unlaggiest. theunlockr.com comes with video as well. i've told a lot of people this and every single one of them successfully managed to root their hero to modaco and are extremely satisfied :D

shenshang

Guest Ciklamen

Thank you very much shenshang for this very usefull information!

But let me ask one more thing (currently bothering with downloading stuff so i've got time to ask), how risky can it be that my phone gets "stuck"?

Guest Marcony0
Thank you very much shenshang for this very usefull information!

But let me ask one more thing (currently bothering with downloading stuff so i've got time to ask), how risky can it be that my phone gets "stuck"?

if you follow everything exactly as it's written , there is no risk - just make sure to wait even up to min to boot your phone after anyupdate. Do not turn off your phone when on HERO or HTC logo.

Guest shenshang

i've heard of impatient people who have taken our their batteries after flashing and stuff, DONT DO IT. be patient and wait for everything, if you do, theres no risk! (well everything has a risk, but this risk is so infinitely small). just make sure you're phone is always above 50% when you turn it off. take about an hour and you will have a rooted hero :D

• 1 month later...
Guest Ciklamen

Hello. I'm writing you again, 'cause i got a little scared the first time i tried to root my phone. But now i'm determined to do it, to speed it up a bit. But as i started, i ran on a problem. On my HTC Sync, i cannot detect the device, tried various guides (i use Win 7), nothing helped me out.

So if anyone here is willing to help me, contact me via MSN: [email protected]

Thank you very much!

Guest wedgelol
Hello. I'm writing you again, 'cause i got a little scared the first time i tried to root my phone. But now i'm determined to do it, to speed it up a bit. But as i started, i ran on a problem. On my HTC Sync, i cannot detect the device, tried various guides (i use Win 7), nothing helped me out.

I rooted my Telus Hero on Windows 7, try using the drivers for the Hero from this site

Good luck

Edited by wedgelol

Guest Ciklamen

Somehow i get that message (tried this site before, in the morning) that servers are full for the Drivers 32 bit...I cannot download them, also tried other site, which got same size file, downloaded it and didn't work (for god knows what reason...)

Guest Ciklamen

Phew, that was interesting. So i managed to set the custom ROM on my Hero, without HTC Sync...

Anyways, i put up MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero v3.1, is that one OK, or do you prefer some other ROM to be faster?

Guest Ciklamen

OK, i have a problem there, i've put this ROM on my Hero and if i try to connect to internet not via WI-FI there are no APN's on the list. Any suggestions what i should do?

Thanks in advance :)

Guest martyn028
OK, i have a problem there, i've put this ROM on my Hero and if i try to connect to internet not via WI-FI there are no APN's on the list. Any suggestions what i should do?

Thanks in advance :)

I use Pauls 3.2 beta 5 ... has full apn list for me and its a very nice running Rom

Guest Ciklamen

OK so i am thinking about Android 1.6 or 2.0, any ROM available with that version (i use a lot of USB, so 1.5 does not support that)

EDIT: Did manage to handle the APN thingy, no need for that anymore :)

Edited by Ciklamen

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Ciklamen

Hey, i'm being annoying again :D

Any news when there's going to be a Android 2.1 Release for Hero? (i heard something in March, but i'm not sure how accurate this information is)

Thanks for reply :D

Guest TheAshMan
Hey, i'm being annoying again :D

Any news when there's going to be a Android 2.1 Release for Hero? (i heard something in March, but i'm not sure how accurate this information is)

Thanks for reply :D

Yes, expected mid-March. There's a few custom 2.1 ROMs flying around, but none of them are fully Sense-enabled and most have quite a few bugs.

One more months wait will hopefully bring great results

Edited by TheAshMan

Guest Ciklamen
Yes, expected mid-March. There's a few custom 2.1 ROMs flying around, but none of them are fully Sense-enabled and most have quite a few bugs.

One more months wait will hopefully bring great results

Lovely, thanks for the info!

Guest Ciklamen
If you've read the newer topics on this board you'll find that the update has now been put back to April now!

What now, March or April now :D :lol: I hope we get it sooner than April ..... :D